[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most free (as in freedom) GNU/Linux distro?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Emoji_u1f403.svg.png (130KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Emoji_u1f403.svg.png
130KB, 2000x2000px
What is the most free (as in freedom) GNU/Linux distro?
>>
BSD
>>
>>60474380
https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>60474404
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/bsd.en.html
>>
>>60474404
Nice meme.
>>
>>60474435
Yeah. But the most usable maybe is trisquel.
>>
Parabola GNU/Linux
>>
Debian
>100% libre software by default, including blobless kernel
>optional ability to activate sources for questionable and non-free software
Seems the most free as in freedom and free as in choices to me
>>
>>60474380
Not Gentoo
>>
>>60474380
>What is the most free (as in freedom) GNU/Linux distro?
Try GuixSD, is really popular right now
>>
>>60477453
why are you even bumping your question is already answered here >>60474433
if you install trisquel make sure it's alpha version, stable is based on ubuntu 14.04 and kind of old
>>
openbsd
>>
>>60474404
>>60477501
/g/ confirmed for bsdcucks spam

I always suspected bsd was only mentioned by trolls
>>
>>60474433
Okay, let's see here . . .

>Blag
Literally dead. Plus, do we really need another libre knockoff of a distribution that, in itself, doesn't exactly have a large hobbyist audience? 90% of enterprise gnu/linux users don't really care if their distro is completely free or not, so I don't know what they were thinking. If anything, a 100% free distro probably scares off a lot of normies, just because they associate free with cheapness (in terms of quality) and unreliability because of dev negligence, which this distro encompasses pretty well.

>Dragora
Also dead. But at least it was a unique distro, so it has that going for it. Never used it, but guessing from the website, I guess it was like Crux, in which case, it would have been a complete pain in the ass to use anyway, so good riddance.

>Dynebolic
Also dead. And what is the audience for this one anyway?

>gNewSense
Probably one of the better FSF-endorsed distros, if it weren't completely outdated.

>Parabola
Is literally just arch with a blocklist, but at least it works. Same goes for Ututo, except that ones dead.

>GuixSD
Easily one of the best things FSF has ever done. Superior, functional package manager forked from nix, but since it's newer, the devs have been able to avoid going through a lot of the trouble the nix devs went through. Guix is pretty much a nicer version of nix.
>>
>>60474435
>The BSD license isn't restrictive enough to be considered free
>MFW people listen to this guy
>>
Debian, comes fully libre by default. The only reason they're not FSF-endorsed is because they actually give you the option of installing non-free software.
>>
File: IMG-20170506-WA0009.jpg (73KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170506-WA0009.jpg
73KB, 1280x800px
>>60477554
so what about trisquel, the most popular one?
>inb4 ubuntu with blacklist
>>
>>60477521
gpl is the ultimate cuck license
if you werent just some a memer youd know gpl violations mean literally nothing

chinese producers dont respect it, vmware can flaunt it and assfuck gnucucks while wasting boatloads of fsf and co's money

you are the ultimate cuck
>>
>>60477490
guixsd also implements core fsf ideology they couldn't do before which was getting rid of sysadmins, guix doesn't need root and installs pkgs locally which is important for school labs and other locked down systems
>>
>>60477680
>gpl violations mean literally nothing
What is Artifex vs. Hancom? The Busybox GPL lawsuits?

It's true that sometimes bad people take advantage of the GPL and it isn't enforced, but just because something bad happens; say, someone robs your house, doesn't mean you throw away your guard door, break open your windows, and leave the door unlocked.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.