[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rewarding Your Homies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1279165661008.jpg (37KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
1279165661008.jpg
37KB, 600x426px
If you won the silicon valley lottery, how would you reward your open-source homies? Would you donate to Unbuntu? Kick it down to 7Zip? Spend time sifting through greenlight for dev teams you want to sponsor?
>>
I'd set up a monthly donation of $1 million to the Gentoo Foundation
>>
I would keep it all for myself.
>>
>>60464887
retards
>>
>>60464887
>looking back and trying to rescue niggas after you make it
lmao
>>
>>60464887
I'd create some fund for open source programmers where they'd get a ton of money for creating a single good DE/WM and I'd take it all back the second they forked it into ten unusable pieces of shit like they always do.
>>
File: 2366729.jpg (16KB, 292x261px) Image search: [Google]
2366729.jpg
16KB, 292x261px
>>60465484
it ain't the nigga's who try to act hard
>>
>>60464887
>Donate
>They either donate to lgbtqcrap,or to get more diversity

Nty
>>
File: 1481477294017.jpg (119KB, 840x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481477294017.jpg
119KB, 840x960px
>>60464887
Oh come on, out of all the free shit these dev's give you, you wouldn't give them one red cent? WTF is wrong with this community?
>>
>>60466164
I'm going to twist your little fox nipples until you stop being such a little shit.
>>
>>60464887

I'd donate lots to the Free Software Foundation to hire devs to maintain and improve critical Free Software packages.
>>
>>60465931
It's free?
>>
>>60465484
For a big corporation, donating to free software projects isn't charity, it's an investment. Even Microsoft supports Linux and other FOSS with code and money, for example.
>>
>>60464887
Depends.
If my wealth came from their stuff, I'd probably buy some projects some audits and more devs.

also
>greenlight
>>
>>60464887
Ubuntu got me into everything (prog, sysadmin, networking)

so a lot of shekels for them
>>
I would write a personal check to Richard Stallman, but I doubt he has a bank account.
>>
>>60465931

I do donate to FOSS but there's only so much an individual who isn't filthy rich can do.
>>
>>60467305
just donate it to EFF, I am sure it will reach him.
>>
>>60467394

EFF is not a panacea. They have some tendrils in the SocJus pie though it's not clear how deep.
>>
>>60464887
By putting worthwhile bounties up for all the features and fixes I want the most. Along with funding development wholesale for open source programs I want that don't exist yet.
>>
But what about all those programs you already use? Wouldn't you like to say thanks to all the people who helped you make it to the top?
>>
Buy me my 1000 ryzen rig please

[email protected]
>>
>>60464887
Well, there you have it LINUX devs. Thats your fanbase. Nothing but a bunch gimmedats. They are content to let you eat cheeto's and mountain for lunch when you should be being served filet Mignon.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.