[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>was time warner customer and on the 15 mbps plan paying 60

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: speed.jpg (126KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
speed.jpg
126KB, 970x546px
>was time warner customer and on the 15 mbps plan paying 60 dollars a month
>got bought by spectrum and the only speed they offer is 60 mbps for the same fucking price im paying now
>still on 15 mbps with no sign of upgrade in sight not even a price reduction
>go to sign up for new service at address and only offereed the 60 mbps speed

i feel like im getting fucked in the ass do i call them and complain about this? ask them how i can get the 60 mbps speed for the same price im already paying? this seems like such bullshit
>>
>>60463629
Nothing will happen unless you do something about it.

First step would be calling them and asking what's up. Worst case they tell you to fuck off, but most likely they'll have a tech or an engineer look at the issue, if it's something on their end they can hopefully fix it easily, if it's a technical issue hopefully they can roll out a truck in a day or two to fix it.
>>
>>60463629
>pays Comcast for 50Mbps
>receive 85Mbps
feels good man
>>
>>60463629
>cable

Does your city have an alternative ISP? My city's local phone company offers gigabit fiber.
>>
>>60463629
If you're using a Motorola surfboard modem throw it in the trash and get something better
>>
>>60463629
if you call their customer service, odds are you'll be able to get the better price.

i know with cox, whenever your "special" price runs out (after a year or so), they'll offer you an upgrade at a discount and sometimes let you keep your current price for another year.
>>
>>60463700
only otherone is at&t and they offer 3 mbps im not even going to flatter that bullshit

>>60463706
im using the one from the ISP themselves i feel like i have been grandfathered into the slower speeds and i dont like it at all
>>
>>60463741
Is it DOCSIS 3.0 at least? If you're using their equipment that's even more incentive to call them up and bitch because they'll actually support that hardware, whereas if you were using your own they'd play dumb
>>
>>60463784
im not really sure its the one time warner sent me when i first got service at this address about 3 opr 4 years ago
>>
>>60463800
That would most likely be DOCSIS 2.0
>>
>>60463800
>>60463817
Yeah what he said. Call them up and complain and maybe they'll just ship you a newer modem
>>
>>60463817
yup this is the one right here definitely docsis 2.0

https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Model-DPC2100-DOCSIS-Cable/dp/B008D5GKMG
>>
>>60463887
Max for DOCSIS 2.0 is about 40mbps, so if they're offering 60mbps ask for an upgrade, or just buy your own.

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-340Mbps-Spectrum-Cablevision-CM400-1AZNAS/dp/B0111MRLES
>>
>>60463887
Fwiw I've been using this one for over a year and it's amazing. Came home drunk one night and accidentally spilled a bunch of water on it, and it worked perfectly fine the next day

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008Y7CESM/
>>
>>60463629
What is a lawsuit?
>>
The hell ? Are you living in a third world country ? Currently paying 40€ for 980mb/s (D) and 170-190mb/s (Up)
(Effective tested speed)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.