[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone literate please help me understand thought scenario:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Download.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
Someone literate please help me understand

thought scenario: i have 2 pcs and a printer connected to an USB hub. Why does this not work? If one PC sends a print job to all the devices, would the printer actually print and if so why does the other PC not just terminate the useless data?
Why do i need an "usb switch"?

I know it needs to be this way but i need the explanation for it or ill go insane
>>
>i have 2 pcs connected to an USB hub
That is not how USB works.
>>
Someone can't be this retarded, right?
>>
there should be a rule about you needing to understand how usb works before posting on this shithole
>>
>>60462897
Original question: Why does it not work
Your answer: It does not work
Nice reading comprehension pajeet, sure makes you a superior person
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 266x190px
>>60462792
Haha, what the shit?
You hooked up two pc's to a usb hub, fucking retard.
>>
>>60462792
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Sage
>>
>>60462792

A USB hub is something you use to to connect multiple USB "client" devices (printer, keyboard, mouse, webcam, ...) to one USB "host" device. Don't look at it as all devices being connected to each other, but like all devices having a direct line to one specific device - in this case, the host computer.

So, you can't share one "client" device with two "host" devices using a hub, and just because you connect another computer to a hub using a male to male cable, doesn't make it act like a "client" device.

>>60463192

Fuck you and your mindset. OP didn't come here asking for a review of a USB hub or asking us to fix his shit for him, OP came here looking to learn WHY this wasn't working. Encourage people who actually want to learn or get the FUCK off /g/.
>>
File: macbook switch.png (279KB, 651x633px) Image search: [Google]
macbook switch.png
279KB, 651x633px
The Macbook Pro doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>60463245
Thanks for taking a minute out of your day for me, quite obvious
>>
>>60463245
Or, ya know, OP could have gone and read about USB on wikipedia or somewhere else, checking out the standard and what it is actually capable of.. Ya know, actually demonstrate he wants to fucking learn as opposed to just expecting someone else to do all the thinking for him. Congratulations, you just reinforced OPs weakness. GG faggot.
>>
>>60463245
30 seconds in google would already explain that USB hubs just let you plug multiple USB devices into one port, instead of acting like a networking hub.

/sqt/ also exists for a reason.
>>
>>60463312
Get the fuck out you fleshwaste. You live in an era of near infinite access to knowledge and you had to come here you useless fuck.

>>60463245
You can fuck right off as well you spoonfeeding cunt. You are the reason we have thread after thread full of winbabbies demanding answers on how to fix wannacry.
>>
>>60463245
My mindset is how 4chan has been since 05, I'm still keeping it how it was. and the new redditfags such as yourself have already killed it.
>>
>>60463328
>>60463401

Show me where either of you pointed him in the right direction, then.

>>60463333

This is actually a fair point. Will remember to redirect to /sqt/ and search queries next time.
>>
>>60463469

You just assume I'm new here, wrongly, and it's just another shitty thing you do.
>>
>>60463476
We don't need to, there is a sticky right at the top of the fucking board.

>For tech support/issues with computers, use /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests or one of the following:
> https://startpage.com/ or https://duckduckgo.com (i.e., fucking google it)
> fucking google it

Now fuck off.
>>
>>60463513

"Help me understand" is not tech support. It's actively looking to learn and should be encouraged.
>>
>>60463541
Not when it is such a simple question that a 30 second google search can answer.

This guy hit the nail on the head: >>60463328
>Ya know, actually demonstrate he wants to fucking learn as opposed to just expecting someone else to do all the thinking for him
>>
>>60463541
"so I looked up x and discovered y and z, but I'm still not sure how z relates to x." is not tech support. It is a demonstration of actively looking to learn and should be encouraged.

"why doesn't x work" with zero demonstration that you have even bothered to investigate the underlying technology (especially one as ubiquitous as USB) is tech support.

Learn the difference, it may save someones ability to be a critical thinker who can stand on their own two feet.
>>
Wow, so much buttblast in this thread

>>60463245
This actually sparks the question in me, why cant there be an USB switch that works like this? There is no addressation of course, so it'd need to be just like broadcasts but except from almost complete uselessnes, why wouldnt it work? I think thats also part of OPs question

And sorry pajeets, i did not look up thousand page workbooks and reinvent the wheel before asking this question
>>
>>60463746
Because if you knew the underlying signalling structures of the USB standard, you would know how retarded that question is.

See? This is why it's important to research things, so you don't look like a complete retard.

Of course, feel free to create your own standard that allows this.
>>
>>60463667
> "so I looked up x and discovered y and z, but I'm still not sure how z relates to x." is not tech support. It is a demonstration of actively looking to learn and should be encouraged.

>>60462792
>I know it needs to be this way but i need the explanation for it or ill go insane

Looks like OP is well aware of what he means and like you said
>needs help connecting x and z
>>
>>60463311
Neither does my Commodore 64.
>>
>>60463501
Oh yeah faggot? When did you start browsing 4chan?
>>
>>60462792

Whehe : ^ )

USB works with 1 (one) host and up to 63 slave devices.

Your 2 PCs are both hosts. Your printer is a slave device.

This can't work because you want to connect 2 hosts to 1 device.
>>
Firewire died in 2012
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.