[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is serviceability dead in anything not huge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

All I want is a 13 inch laptop with a hiDPI screen that has user replaceable RAM/SSD. As far as I can see though it doesn't exist. Everything serviceable is either gaymur/workstation shit or business shit with business grade eyecancerâ„¢ screens to ensure that you're not enjoying yourself.
>>
x1 carbon
>>
blame normies for this

normies keep fucking shit up
this is why apple just werks is a thing

apple don't even allow a lot of accessories
it's not jewery, it's actually because of normies that blew their laptops with third party batteries

until normies can use shit without woops my computer with replacement hd sucks eff you *brand name* they are gonna keep doing all in ones
>>
>>60455358
Soldered RAM.

>>60455378
>it's actually because of normies that blew their laptops with third party batteries
Is that actually the reason that Apple glues everything down now?
>>
>>60455378
>it's not jewery, it's actually because of normies that blew their laptops with third party batteries
It's both, the key for tricking gentiles is always towards your own goal that doubles down as a favor or noble cause

t.actual Jew
>>
>>60455325
They have no incentive to make things serviceable or upgradable. Normies care about nothing but muh thinness. (and you have more than a bit of that too, or you'd not care about the "business laptop" look) And companies would of course rather you pay for them to repair it when it breaks, or just buy a new one.
>>
>>60455543
I'm not going to say thinness isn't important but there's a point where we need to stop and we've clearly passed it. Also I said business laptop screens, which are notoriously shitty.
>>
>13 inch laptop
Stop being a manlet and get a 15 inch laptop. I have an xps 15 and it's great. I added another 2.5inch drive, and easily can swap the battery or upgrade RAM if I want to. Meanwhile macfags have to pay apple for any of those.
>>
>>60455919
I don't need a 45w CPU or dedicated GPU though.
>>
>>60456169
Just power off the nvidia GPU. It has equal battery life to the 13" and much better performance. If you get it on sale it's the same price as the 13.
>>
ThinkPad T470s. Has a RAM slot, not perfect, but it exists. M.2 slot for SSD. Can be configured with a WQHD screen.
>>
Consider that you aren't the target audience of 13" shittops. Go 15.6" or essentially eat shit.
>>
>>60458881
>15.6"
i want a laptop, not a brick.
>>
>>60458569
Still has partially soldered RAM but I think that's the closest thing available.
>>
15 inch laptops won't fit in my backpack.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.