[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: seattle_freeze.gif (546KB, 1100x582px) Image search: [Google]
seattle_freeze.gif
546KB, 1100x582px
how do I get motivated to actually do more pro/g/ramming instead of just mindlessly browsing /g/
>>
>>60453509
Livestream yourself. You'll feel pressured to do something more productive
>>
>>60453509
Realize you're own your own time.
>>
>>60453571
what do you mean, care to expand?
>>
>>60453558
Never thought about it.
>>
>>60453509
you just have to make it "YOUR NINJA WAY" change your heart and focus your mind and you will be able to do anything BELIEVE IT.
>>
File: What-is-Chaos-Magic.jpg (17KB, 310x305px) Image search: [Google]
What-is-Chaos-Magic.jpg
17KB, 310x305px
Have you tried Chaos Magick?
>>
Maybe choose another career path, if you need to force yourself to do it, then you probably don't like it.

Are you programming because it challenges you, the unknown fascinates you, and you have a vendetta for problems? Or because it's a cool thing to do? Because you wanna tell your friends you can program ECT ECT
>>
>>60453509
deadlines.. when they get close i usually start working so i can slack of again after that for the next 3 weeks
>>
>>60453571
>not OP
i owe my self my own time
>>
>>60453509
you care about it
>>
>>60453509
i only ever programmed under pressure
and it wasn't a case of any 'creative thought'
it was 'get this done so I can get out of the building' .. if there is something to program, it gets programmed, as fast as possible

'motivation' = being paid for it
'motivation' = having to remain in some shitty environment that you don't control, until it gets done
motivation (to do it well), is being able to walk away on completion without that niggling doubt that there is something wrong with it
'motivation' is living in fear that if you aren't seen to perform well your wages will never go up, or you will be dismissed
>>
>>60453509
It isn't a motivation issue -- it's a discipline issue. You just do it. Remember: if you don't feel like doing it, you can still do it.

There will times where you will feel bored/discouraged with programming. Do it anyway. Don't fuck around -- you are *never* in a situation where you have to fuck around instead of being productive.

That's what separates the craftsman from the hobbyist -- the discipline to grind away despite a lack of motivation or interest.
>>
File: fuckwhitepeople.jpg (322KB, 981x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fuckwhitepeople.jpg
322KB, 981x1200px
>>60454823
lol get a load of this guy who got into programming for all the wrong reasons.

your dad a doctor? belong to a country club growing up? private school? why'd you pick a career for money instead of life satisfaction?
>>
File: 1494938210562.jpg (63KB, 445x372px) Image search: [Google]
1494938210562.jpg
63KB, 445x372px
>Paid $30 for a C# class on Udemy so I felt more motivated to actually learn it rather than dicking around.
>Started waking up at 6am so I could put four hours into programming each day before I had to get ready for work; I came to actually enjoy waking up early.
>You have to learn to enjoy the process. If you do, debugging will be fun because figuring out a problem is really gratifying.
>>
clean your fucking room and delete useless files and software from your computer.
>>
>>60453509
motivation will only work if you have a motive. "I want to do more productive things and less lazy ones hehe" is not a real motive. to do it like that you need a peer group or some form of control.
>>
>>60454932
not him, but why is it the wrong reason ? i don't think everyone gets into brick laying just because they like laying bricks. programming is to the CS world what brick laying is to the architecture world
>>
>>60455189
>programming is to the CS world what brick laying is to the architecture world
No, a more proper analogy would be, computers that do all the grunt work, but in our case it's automated while in construction is still requires manual labor (to be replaced by robots in the near future)

Programming is more akin to a craft (artisinal skill) rather than manual grunt labor, still different from CS since it doesn't demand math theory (or any at all)
>>
>>60455028
Is a messy room and computers full of extraneous stuff detrimental to motivation?
>>
>>60455028
How to organize files that are dispersed over many drives and even more partitions? Is purchasing a single drive where all the shit will fit on the only way?
>>
>>60454583
Good advice.
>>
You don't do programming for fun, it's hard work and to earn more shekels. If you do it for fun, you might be autistic.
>>
File: 1484707311198.webm (3MB, 1276x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1484707311198.webm
3MB, 1276x1048px
>>
>Pro /g/ ramming
Really makes you think.
>>
>>60454823
What if you don't work for someone else?

I keep working on my own (not in programming though) and I never make any money, as everything I try (in both work and life in general) ends up failing.
I know for a fact that if I worked on my long term goals I'd get good results, but the constant failures depleted all my willpower, so everything I do feels like a pointless waste of time that will ultimately yield no results like everything else.

How do I find some willpower back?

I figured getting a small taste of getting some reward for my efforts would convince my brain that it's possible to get results, but how?

Pls help.
>>
>>60460449
nice
>>
Besides motivation, concentration and organization also seem to be major factors in getting anything done (or even prerequisites - it's hard to achieve anything if you can't concentrate on what you're supposed to be doing, can't organize the different things you're supposed to do, and can't motivate yourself to do them).
>>
>>60462169
Nobody has any tips?

Why do any actually interesting and potentially useful threads die off quickly, while consumerism generals, FUD generals, and bait generals are on 24/7?
>>
>>60453509
have a goal in mind then take some upper drugs.
have fun anon
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.