[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still don't get the botnet meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 175x175bb[1].jpg (5KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
175x175bb[1].jpg
5KB, 175x175px
a botnet is a program used to do for example a DDOS by essentially taking control of your computer via malicious software. Where exactly is the malicious software? and can Google take over my computer?
>>
>>60449294
Sit down over there, we need to have a long talk...
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (5KB, 341x183px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
5KB, 341x183px
>>
>>60449362
>>60449399
no answer, fuck /g/ and their "expertise"
>>
>>60449294
Google and Microsoft (etc.) products are telescreens. That is why they are malicious software.
>>
>>60449294
im not an expert but a botnet is as the name say a net of bots. you can build it in lots of ways. you could own 10.000 computers and install a bot in each one of them, and then by sending a signal make them do stuff for you. Or you could create a virus that would inject the bots into unaware systems. with enough power you could do great feats.
>>
>>60449648
basically cybermancy
>>
>>60449670
>>60449450
for exemple, i saw a dude on the 60 minutes show that was able to retweet the same message Townsend of times. generating fake perceptions on people (turns out this was used alot in the trump campaign to shift the electorate perception (not judging ).
>>
>>60449294
>malicious
Botnets do not necessarily have to be malicious, and malicious is a relative term. If you set up Windows or Google OS's to update automatically, they could theoretically be used as botnets by either of these companies. Think about it, they literally have the keys to your digital kingdom.
>>
>>60449294
Your view of a botnet is very limited.

Botnet is simply a group of computers that are connected via a network that may or may not be compromised by "malicious software".
>>
>>60449294
/g/'s definition of botnet is that any program that is closed source is a botnet
>>
>>60450415
linux is a botnet ask rms
>>
File: slightly concerned waifu.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
slightly concerned waifu.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>60449294
So your definition of "malicious software" doesn't include tracking, storing, and selling 100% of your online activity and personal information?
>>
>>60450571
Coporatised distros could very well be
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.