[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wireless charging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

What happened, /g/? It was so much more convenient than having to mess with cables, and it was on a ton of phones.

Why did the industry move away from it?
>>
>>60448723
My nexus 5 is still working fine, I don't know why I'd downgrade to a new phone
>>
because it's inefficient as fuck
because it's not something that sells phones
>>
>slow
>can't use the phone while charging
>not suitable if you're travelling
those are the biggest gripes with wireless charging
>>
>>60448763
>can't use the phone while charging

>things that aren't true
>>
File: 1986.jpg (350KB, 960x905px) Image search: [Google]
1986.jpg
350KB, 960x905px
Too slow. It takes like 3 hours to get to 60%. People don't have time for that shit.
>>
>>60448778
Well you can but then it takes 6 hours to reach 50%. I'd rather watch paint dry.
>>
>>60448723
People had to choose between this, or having a phone with NFC and fast charging

Wireless charging lost
>>
>>60448723
Its every way inferior to conventional charging.
>>
>>60448778
how is that not true?
are you gonna stare at the device lying on the desk while you're in the bed?
how are you gonna answer calls with the phone lying on the charger?
writing messages like that would also be a pain in the ass
>>
>>60448827
>People had to choose between wireless charging, or a phone with NFC

????
>>
>>60448860
Literally the OP image
>>
>>60448723
My fucking Palm Pre came with that shit stock. Sad that most modern phones don't have it
>>
>>60448916
The current Samsung flagships have it.
>>
>>60448827
Hmm I have a phone with nfc, wireless charging, and the battery charges at 1.8 amps
>>
>>60448949
Sorry but I don't like bloat and I like to root
>>
>>60448723
Because it was slow as fuck. Who would want that garbage over my oneplus fully charging in 15 minutes with a wire?
>>
>>60448860
>can't put down his smartphone
>>
My watch has it and it's really nice.

I don't mind using a nice thunderbolt port on my laptop to charge my phone very rapidly though.

That said, tossing a device on a charging pad in your car or whatever is really cool and nice.
>>
>>60448988
>Who would want that garbage over my oneplus fully charging in 15 minutes with a wire?
Me, your phone being able to charge fast does nothing to help me when I'm sitting at my desk and want to have a place to put my phone securely and charge it at the same time
>>
Charging speed isn't always important. It's nice and very easy to be able to just drop a device into its pad and forget about it.
>>
>>60448860
my Qi car charger has magnets that hold my phone up

It's so fucking money on long road trips
>>
>>60449040
not to mention it's a lot easier on the battery
>>
>>60449068
No. No, it is not.
>>
>>60449100
slow charging lithium (especially LiPo) batteries prolongs their life
>>
This generally bothers me when shopping for an upgrade to my Nexus 6. It's so comfy, I hate plugging shit in
>>
>>60448723
Apple didn't embrace it
>>
>>60448809
>>60448821

Can't your phone battery not even last 1 day?

I charge my phone while I sleep.
Would be nice if I could just lay it on the night stand instead of having to fiddle with cables when I'm drunk.
>>
>>60448723
wont you get cancer from those?
>>
>>60448860
>what is a stand
>what is hands free mode
>>
>>60450147
>puts a radio transmitter next to his balls for several hours day.

>worries about an induction plate in his room.
>>
>>60448723
Messing with cables.

Yeah that was never a problem.
>>
>>60449118
Post three (3) sources that prove this.
>>
>>60448723
Is there a benifit to this other than
>IT LOOKS COOL LIKE SCI FI MOVIES
>>
>>60448723
Having had that exact setup, I have some answers.

The phone slides off the base if even the slightest amount of dust gets on it. That's not horrid though as keeping it clean can keep that from happening.

The biggest issue is it's fucking slow as shit. Charging over USBC is far faster.
>>
>wireless charging
>still needs a cable for power
>>
wireless charging was a retarded gimmick and it was going to lead apple to remove the only port the phone had left its as good thing it died
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 425x425px
>>60449032
>>
>>60448723
More and more cars are equipped with wireless charging mats. When Apple puts it in the iPhone you'll see it everywhere again.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.