[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1495005072353.gif (2MB, 270x138px) Image search: [Google]
1495005072353.gif
2MB, 270x138px
how do i get motivated to actually do more pro/g/ramming instead of just mindlessly browsing /g/
>>
i need answers as well, just want to ship some micro side projects.. help me out here g
>>
>>60443145
You are under spiritual telepathic assault. You will notice that many people who can produce useful programs suffers from these attacks. You need to figure out some way to stop it.

How to tell that you are suffering from these assaults:
>You have good skills as a programmer but never seem to produce any quality products
>Any inclination you have to work on other projects is blocked
>You spend all your programming time on non-productive projects

I have been trying to stop the assault for some years now. Still working on a fix.
>>
File: 1494957271352.jpg (495KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494957271352.jpg
495KB, 1920x1080px
>>60443185
Other signs:
>Your will to work on programming projects is subverted
>You have strong inclinations to procrastinate
>Even if you fight against the inclinations to procrastinate, they will eventually win

If you want to know more about it you can study spiritualism. /x/ isn't that useful because of all of the LARPers. Jews are known to curse people to try to prevent them from making progress.
>>
File: Interesting.gif (992KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
Interesting.gif
992KB, 500x420px
>>60443185
>You are under spiritual telepathic assault.

>>60443145
>>60443172
Work on an interesting project, something that you really like.
>>
this website is a huge timesink, just visit each board once and hide all threads that dont interest you a lot
>>
>>60443185
Nice. what would you say if I told you I am more creative when my velocity is higher than usual (around 160km/h). If I "rapidly" change my position I am more productive, creative, like to socialize and so on. After two and a half hours (usually) I feel really tired like before the location change.
>>
File: 1402981128817.png (183KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1402981128817.png
183KB, 392x500px
>>60443366
I would suggest you use that creativity to produce useful things.

Have you also noticed that there are people on /g/ who recommend cross dressing and using catheters to improving programming ability? I think there is something going on with that stuff. I've tried a lot of things to attempt to free myself from the constraints of this spiritual assault.
>>
>>60443406
Sounds reasonable. Thx anon, but I don't need a coconut shoved into my butt to program.
>>
>>60443453
No, I'm suggesting that there is something larger at work here and instead of being tricked into the degeneracy we should protect or resolve the legitimate cause of the problem.
>>
So is this /g/ mental health general thread or what?

Do you guys have any tips on how to deal with programming anxiety? It's literally killing me. I started working on CHIP-8 emulator a few weeks ago, but didn't get very far and stopped working on it over the weekend. Now when I think about having another go at it, anxiety hits hard (mostly the thought that I'm just too stupid to {finish it,be a programmer in general}). Alcohol helps but it's really not a long-term solution. Was thinking about trying out meditation but I don't know if I can get even a 15 minutes of peace to do it.
>>
>>60443185
>>x
but I appreciate the afford
>>
>>60443406
>show up to job interview
>interviewer says "here's an expo marker and a whiteboard, write me a vending machine program"
>ezpz
>5 minutes in, the code is looking good
>drop marker
>bend down to pick it up
>catheter spills onto the floor
>>
>>60443598
Just walk out and let them clean up the mess. You can continue looking for jobs elsewhere.
>>
>>60443543
Emotions are another way in which we are controlled spiritually. Its easy to fight through simple emotions like that but other ones are harder to fight through. You must also have something in your mind suggesting that you do something else or that you don't want to work on the emulator (e.g. because of the effort or the challenge)
>>
>>60443491
Do you really think there's a bad super power daemon you can lock out through cross dressing?
>>
>>60443543
You are afraid to fail. That's it. You have to get over it. Start writing small programs with unix like command line interface and only a few options.
It's okay to fail if you get up again.
>>
>>60443657
There is something wrong spiritually for sure.
>>
File: 1342016615126.jpg (9KB, 223x251px) Image search: [Google]
1342016615126.jpg
9KB, 223x251px
I'm always filled with anger

I really fucking want to work on my personal project (Just a stupid game engine..), but my group assignment keeps interrupting me. Mostly because I have to help the degenerate fuck-holes understand that they spelled a fucking method name wrong or tried to invoke a class as if it was a method...

It just sucks all the fucking joy out of programming when working with literal idiots... Fuck CS 4th semester..
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.