[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rapsberry pi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: rasp.jpg (3MB, 4224x2394px) Image search: [Google]
rasp.jpg
3MB, 4224x2394px
Is it worth getting it? I want to make like a robotic arm that is controlled through my hand moves (glove).
Did any of you make something special out of it?
Are there any restriction that are not able to do?
>>
I couldn't get off by rubbing against it, that's a con I guess.
>>
>>60434632
What if the case is more sensitiv?
>>
>>60434414
If you want to make a controller for a robotic arm then I'd highly recommend using a microcontroller instead.
>>
>>60434809
>microcontroller
Is it expensive?
I am getting into IT just now (2nd year of studying). Also i hear from all the people in the IT how good rapsberry pi is and how much potential it has.
>>
>>60434940
An Arduino for instance would do in your case, it would also give much lower latency as you don't have a scheduler that can preempt your software running on it.
An Arduino Uno will be much cheaper than a Raspberry Pi.

Raspberry Pi's were not intended for embedded software development.
>>
>>60434986
So is raspberry pi only a meme that every IT guy is mentioning to sound smart?
Is there a list where i can find these "components"?
Because i never heared of Arduino but after reading a bit on their site it sound to fit what i am trying to do.
>>
>>60435056
Arduino is much more popular in the maker scene. I think it's more popular than raspberry pi.
Raspberry pi isn't a meme either, it's just made for other purposes. It does well as a really low powered home server or if you wanted to make a home control system.

Hell, I am using a Raspberry Pi for some control systems at my company because we want our customers to plug and play our sensors into the USBs on the Raspberry Pi.
>>
>>60435094
>home control system.
Well then i might get a raspberry after all because one thing i wanted to do is that the windows at my home open/close on a certain time.
Is there some site that lists all these things like raspberry pi and arduino and their usearea?
>>
>>60435155
I don't know of any sites listing all of these things, but I guess you could read on the Arduino site and about different Raspberry Pi projects.

Bear in mind Raspberry Pi doesn't come with analog pins, which the Arduino does, so you cannot read anything but a single bit on a pin on the Raspberry.
>>
>>60435196
Wow thats dumb. Is there something to change it?
>>
>>60435290

It's literally nothing, both products have GPIO pins and thats what matters if you want to build shit.

Also take into account that Arduinos are very cheap because they are nothing special, they have a very small amount of memory and thus its not that unlikely that medium to big sized projects will fill it up fast.
>>
>>60434414
So you want to make a handjob machine, is that it?
>>
>>60435370
Okay thank you, you helped me alot.
>>60435374
I want that robot arm/hand to mimic everything i do with my hand/arm. Would be a little bit gay if i had to stroke on a fake penis so that robot arm can stroke mine.
>>
I only ever worked with one because it was 10$ used on eBay
RPi Zero a couple weeks after release
It got used as the NC for a small gantry robot that does fuzzy part alignment on a conveyor belt so a big ass Fanuc irmate arm can pick the parts up without issue.
Nothing fancy, it just read from an infrared camera, picked up and rotated parts as needed.
Got a bonus for that one, then got laid off a few weeks later
Sucks for them because I'm the only guy who knows how to fix it if it breaks
>>
>>60435430
write a script, dumbass.
>>
>>60435574
You cant write a script for my masturbation journey.
>>
Google Cayenne, lots of projects, tutorials and code.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.