[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intel Strikes Deal With AMD to license their graphics IP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: amd_vs_intel-cpu1.jpg (188KB, 640x382px) Image search: [Google]
amd_vs_intel-cpu1.jpg
188KB, 640x382px
What about AYYMD being finished and bankrupt?

https://archive.fo/Or2ez
>>
>>60434111
The unholy union that should not be, all fanboys will self-immolate. I hope.
>>
>>60434111

is this to prepare for the new APUs?

that wont change the intel's jewish cpu side tho

also the fucking 510 and 610 graphics are already fucking more than necessary to view 1440p video

especially when you go ahead and just supply 1 gig of memory to the graphics at the mobo level
>>
>>60434111
>One safe bet is that Intel’s deal with AMD is more than just a litigatory shield. It’s possible that AMD may actually allow Intel to leverage its patents and technologies in its graphics products.

Just more speculation. AMD's integrated graphics shits all over Intel's, so it would be nice to see, but I'm not sure it'll happen.
>>
>>60434111
Oh look another deal to perpetuate the duopoly on x86/x86-64
Fuck off, we need companies like Qualcomm and Samsung to enter the x86 world if we ever want the market to be more pro-consumer.
>>
Intel is just licensing AMD patents, they used to license Nvidia patents but that deal is over now.
>>
>>60435096
Microsoft is bring x86 to them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U
>>
File: 1483515740974.jpg (66KB, 568x612px) Image search: [Google]
1483515740974.jpg
66KB, 568x612px
>>60434111
this can't be happening bros i thought it was our turn
>>
>>60435162
Please keep crying wojaks in threads where AMD is actually losing something.
>>
>>60435096
Literally impossible. Only Intel, AMD, and VIA get to make x86 hardware and that's not changing. Once TYOTLD happens, though, people won't be tied to x86 anymore and we'll see meaningful competition from ARM and possibly MIPS and RISC V hardware. Even if it never happens, Apple will be dropping x86 completely in the next 3-5 years.
>>
>>60435096
Ded platform
>>
>>60435273
If IRC correctly, there are some Chinese x86 processors around and they aren't thaaaaat slow
>>
>>60435096
Actually this has nothing about x86, it's everything about GPUs in general. AMD and Nvidia both hold so many vague patents over what a GPU is supposed to be that without paying either of them protection money you get your ass sued off.
>>
>>60435273
Keller left,
Apple soc is nothing more than add moar coars now
>>
>>60435333
Keller's like a processor mercenary, he only stays until his job is done. Apple'll simply bring him back.
>>
>>60434111
what this actually means
>fucking nothing
intel legally has to license from one of the two to keep making iGPUs, them picking between amd and nvidia has little to do with either's technologies. Intel will continue to develop and "leverage" their own.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.