[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where should the taskbar be located? bottom, top, left, ... r-right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
where should the taskbar be located? bottom, top, left, ... r-right?
I'm accustomed to bottom but window menus are always on top, so is top better for consistency?
>>
>2017
>use taskbar
>>
>>60433615
what do you use instead?
>>
>>60433600
left if using a widescreen monitor
else i dont know
>>
>>60433600
Nonexistent
>>
>>60434071
Same, though with my 2560x1440 monitor I have so much real estate I just leave the taskbar at the bottom.
>>
>>60433600
I like it autohide on top with global menu
>>
top with dock
>>
>>60433600
if the task bar is on the top, you can't just move your mouse to the top-right corner to get to the x button any more.
>>
>>60436623
noticed the same. bottom it stays.
>>
Left for single screen, bottom for multiple screens.
>>
I cant stand top
Because when i drag my cursor quickly to the top left I expect to close my window not do some other shit
>>
always top
>>
>>60436700
winfag here, for multiple screens, only win8 and above lets you put a taskbar per screen
i prefer mine taskbar(s) on the left edge of each screen
>>
i always use it on top, it just feels more natural.
>>
white person here

preference, but also habit. you will never win.
>>
win7 user here, top
>>
>>60433600
Back on XP, I had bars on the bottom, top, and right. Now I just have them on the bottom and top.
>>
inherited top from my dad
>>
>>60433600
i miss that one
>>
bottom with auto hide you filthy savages
>>
>>60433600
top and right are retarded

bottom or left are the only options
>>
>>60438973
>what is ultramon or displayfusion
>>
>>60433600
The bottom, fuck all you special snowflakes who say otherwise

Unless you're a martian, you're vision is inclined toward the horizontal. Having the taskbar constantly in your periphery is an unnecessary intrusion into your field of vision and focus. You can much more easily focus on a task, shift the focal point to the bottom of the screen, and refocus again and your brain will naturally attune to this new zone and filter out the taskbar until you need to be conscious of it again

Although all of this is rendered moot by fullscreen or hide out of mouse over
>>
>>60437369
>7059.5/3.5
>still using your mouse
>>
>>60438973
>only win8 and above lets you put a taskbar per screen
>having one taskbar for each display

possibly the dumbest thing i've ever read on this board
>>
>>60433600
>I'm accustomed to bottom but window menus are always on top, so is top better for consistency?
Left. It uses the least screen space and then your titlebar buttons will be in the top right so you can snap to them easier.
>>
File: 1481811390552.jpg (20KB, 396x353px) Image search: [Google]
1481811390552.jpg
20KB, 396x353px
>>60440985
> hide out of mouse over
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah
>>
Top, because i was used with gfx s9ftware fucking up marquee when sliding too low on thw taskbar
>>
File: Screenshot-1495012546.png (461KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-1495012546.png
461KB, 1920x1080px
some bullshit UX principle based on math sez it should be on bottom, but why would i want to nod my head down every time i want to use the taskbar
>>
>>60433600
bottom obviously
left and right only work with docks
top is dumb because then you can't just throw the mouse pointer to the top right corner to close/minimize a window
>>
>>60439256
autohide also sucks because you can't see all windows you have open in a given workspace at a glance
>>
>>60434009
Different anon, but answering the question really first requires you to say what you use it /for/. There's a lot of random, unrelated functionality jammed into one bar, and most of it is unnecessary or can be isolated and dealt with in a different way.

For launching programs, I either use a shortcut specific to the program, or use dmenu.
Having text at the bottom of the screen telling me what's open is unnecessary, I don't replace that.
For navigating windows, my WM xmonad manages that, again via keyboard shortcuts.
Can't remember what else people do with these bars.
>>
>>60434009
dmenu
terminal
>>
>>60433600
left with autohide
>>
>>60434009
i3, polybar, rofi. my polybar is at the top of the screen for the reason you mentioned
>>
>>60433600
In the trashcan.
>>
>>60443993
>winfag /v/irgin
>his eye muscles don't work
Wouldn't have expected anything else.
>>
>>60443993
>nitronic rush
patrician taste right there
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.