[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Denuvo_logo.png (23KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
Denuvo_logo.png
23KB, 620x320px
Discuss
>>
People don't understand what it is so they hate it
>>
botnet also this isn't the video games board
>>
>>60433185
Denuvo is technology retard. It's a highly sophisticated DRM. That seems like /g/ to me
>>
>>60433193
name one single thing that is not a video game that uses denuvo
no googling
>>
>>60433193
not very good technology when a bunch of ruskie script kiddies fuck you in the ass every other week.
>>
>>60433216
>>60433208
Stop derailing the thread.
I've downvoted all of your comments and reported you to the /g/ moderators
>>
>>60433235
huu huuuu huuuuuuuuuuuu
go away please
>>
>>60433193
It's not DRM
It's anti tamper software
>>
File: gang.jpg (37KB, 550x588px) Image search: [Google]
gang.jpg
37KB, 550x588px
>>60433257
stroke your tiny e-peen harder
>>
>>60433155
>What's wrong with DRM?
>>
>>60433155

It's DRM and restricts my freedom to use the software I purchase for my purposes.

One example is that I can't run a lot of Denuvo'd vidya on Devuan or Debian. I can, however, run those games once Denuvo has been removed.

Also it fucks with modding.
>>
>>60433155
makes games run worse and trashes SSDs
>>
>>60433323
>Trashes ssds
[Citation needed]
>>
>>60433155
It runs a code inside a minimalistic VM. You may imagine how that slows it down. However, 8-threads CPU are now a commodity, so it's not that noticeable.
>>
>>60433155
Easily cracked nowadays, although it lasted for almost a year I believe.

>>60433391
Any proper benchmarks that compare the performance of Denuvo vs cracked games?
>>
>>60433155
It makes it a bit more of a pain in the ass to run opengl games on wine in order to immediately get better performance than windows
>>
>>60433155
It makes games run like shit and doesn't even stop pirates for more than a month. After denuvo servers go down even buyfags won't be able to play without a crack.
>>
>>60433456
>Any proper benchmarks that compare the performance of Denuvo vs cracked games?

The cracked games are still running Denuvo, though.
>>
>>60433718

By definition they're not.
>>
>>60434188
Wrong, the cracks are disabling the DRM code, not denuvo
>>
>>60433155
>The current state of PC gaming
>>
>>60434219

That'd be a pretty shitty crack with minimal utility. You still wouldn't be able to do what you want with your own software but at least it has one less Internet-based-check it does on you?
>>
>>60434188
Denuvo has to have its fingers pretty deep up the program's ass in order to do what it does. Stripping it out entirely would be very difficult, so instead denuvo cracks just trick denuvo in to thinking everything's clear.
>>
>>60434219
I remember hearing they actually managed to remove denuvo completely from one game. Don't remember which one.
>>
>>60434308

Yeah, I'm aware of some of the shit Denuvo does. Sneaky but not impossible to overcome.

What of games put up on torrents?
>>
>>60433155
fuck the poor
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.