[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kali Meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: downloadfile.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
What is your opinion on the Kali Linux maymay and why to people use it over other distros?
>>
idk i dont have autism
>>
it's just easier to setup something that already has everything on it
>>
File: 1332637380978.jpg (139KB, 1021x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1332637380978.jpg
139KB, 1021x1027px
>>60430343
nice b8 m8 I r8 14/88
>>
it's not a meme when it's specifically setup with most of the tools you'll need if you're into that kind of stuff, and not an autist eating mommy's tendies in her basement while he screams at everybody to install gentoo and posts screenfetch threads with all his anime waifus and lolis because he's a pedo fuck.
>>
File: mk_ultra_girl_c1961a.jpg (25KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
mk_ultra_girl_c1961a.jpg
25KB, 400x289px
It's a huge hog that fits in a 74GB iso for fluidly hacking millenials who feel eligible for being called -=L33T H4X0R=- with its download.

All in all, it's a real bad meme along with its (((tutorials))) as:

- How to easily install FLASH KALI SCRIPT
- How to easily install JAVA KALI SCRIPT
- How to easily install NAUTILUS KALI SCRIPT
- How to easily install METASPLOIT KALI SCRIPT
- How to easily install OPENVAS KALI SCRIPT
- how to p0wn everything with kali
- how to watch your mom nude with kali

autistic children love it
>>
>>60430486
This, of course it attracts scriptkiddies, but it's your business what you use it for. Maybe a good opportunity to grow if you're a scriptkiddie.
>>
>>60430517

lol at most of the tools you need

you can get them all in every linux distro, but you feel like a LEET-HACKEP with muh kali leenax iso
>>
>>60430591
people that actually do penetration testing and security don't want to download some random distro and spend any time downloading anything. having something setup and ready to go is helpful.
>>
>>60430667
also i i identify as elliot anderson, please don't hacker shame, tia
>>
Anyone try Backbox? Another perntesting distro
>>
Parrot is a better OS than Kali for pentests
>>
The only tools you should use for security are windbg/gdb, Ida pro and the language of your choice
Prove me wrong
>>
>>60430486
>>60430574
You can tell if someone is skiddy or not just by looking at how he boots it.
Kali is excellent and meant to be booted from USB drive as a disposable and portable ecosystem.
>>
>>60430991
Or through a virtual machine. Forensic investigators need virtualization so they can take snapshots in case something fucks up.
>>
>>60430991
have to agree with this, I only used it to find out what kind of tools exist and to try them out
>>
>>60430343
Only idiots use kali.
Makes more sense to pick and chose your own tools.
>>
I am an elite hacker and use it as my daily driver
>>
>>60430850
This would be true for every program / tool on a computer.
Shut up shithead
>>
>>60430343
it's good for learning pentesting, it comes with custom wifi drivers that allow spoofing and what not.

A lot of the popular pentesting tools are a pain to install and configure, Kali comes with most things ready out of the box.

It is not intended to be your main distro, just like the linux distro that runs on my fridge (yes) is not suppose to be my main distro. But it's good for what it is.
>>
>>60431554
>It is not intended to be your main distro, just like the linux distro that runs on my fridge
Install gentoo on your fridge faggot.
>>
>>60431554
You should install Ubuntu on your fridge and have your food ordered from Amazon. Then let your bowels compile it.
>>
File: me.jpg (83KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
83KB, 660x495px
>>60431554
>just like the linux distro that runs on my fridge
IM IN
>>
>>60430991
until you realize that it's a chore to have to carry a flash drive along with your laptop because you can easily forget it at home or lose it somewhere, so you install it to your hard drive. You always have it with you and you have persistence as well
>>
Tried it once
Setup a second tower I had
Added a pinhole
Setup a clone of Facebook
Sent the link shortened link to a person I know saying it was a gallery of Jonny Depp (they love them)
They logged in
I saw their password and immediately called them to say stop being retarded and change your password to literally anything but "herpderp""

Was the last time I bothered exploring the idea. Mind you it was with backtrack not Kali but whatever
>>
>>60430343
There are few people using it, the rest of the users are fuccbois that like to show off. Like this fag

>>>/w/2014814
>>
>>60430343
Always saw it as a pentest learning tool and not something to be used professionally.

But, let's be honest, pen testing is gonna be fully automated in the coming decades outside of small scale operations.
>>
>>60431812
And you're running everything as a root and leave bunch of traces on your PC.
Huge risk, and having USB in your pocket isn't such a demanding task.
>>
>>60432332
My laptop has an SD card slot so I go around the problem of not having the flash drive with me by keeping the SD card in the slot at all times. However, this is not an option available to all
>>
>>60430486
The only reason I had kali installed was for veil-evasion.
>>
>>60430343
Been using it for about a month, dual booting with W10. Now have it on two machines, both running as root. W7 on a third. Don't worry, I've fucked up Linux installs before. This is really teaching me a lot about networking as I'm running a lot of the tools against my own boxes. Going to learn it inside out before I take it into the field.
>>
>>60430850
How do you compile a vulnerability report for a client's lan?
>>
>>60432332
>and leave bunch of traces on your PC.

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>60432037
Don't believe me if you want but I've worked in security and know plenty of people who work in security field, Kali is used often enough
>>
>>60430343
It has a bloated GUI, it is therefore not a proper hacker distro. Hackers dont like bloat. Kali is bloat
>>
>>60430343
>why to people use it over other distros?
You don't
>>
>>60431812
>until you realize that it's a chore to have to carry a flash drive
It's a little thingy the size of your thumb that you attach to your keys lmao wtf
>>
>>60430991
>never heard of GRUB
>>
>>60430343
As a person who now has Kali on a laptop, I regret that decision. I learned a lot while running Kali only, but now I want to move to simple debian. However, I riced my laptop to shit, everything's the way I like. Help!
>>
>>60430343
>"maymay"
kill yourself
>>
it's good if you want debian with nonfree included by default and a newer kernel. It runs well and has a better installer. Frankly, it's quite helpful and totally usable as a daily driver given that you add a user account.
>>
>>60430725
kali is backtrack now
>>
ive never used it but am I guessing with that logo and appearance on tv that this is the script kiddiest distro around
>>
>>60430343
The only reason to use this is for penetration testing, using it for everyday desktop is retarded.
>>
Kali is a great security distro. The only thing I wish they had included in it would be Tor and i2p. Other than that, it has great driver support and plenty of tools to get most jobs done. Plus cracking wifi is easy as hell with it.
>>
File: hackers sunglasses34.jpg (28KB, 1272x544px) Image search: [Google]
hackers sunglasses34.jpg
28KB, 1272x544px
>>60430343
What are the best sunglasses/face masks to wear while running Kali?
>>
>>60437594
>However, I riced my laptop to shit, everything's the way I like. Help!
just copy your home folder you noob
>>
>>60438720
you seem confused
>>
>>60430991

I've only used backtrack from USB

Do people actually keep it installed?
>>
>>60439704
But what about all the programs I amassed?
>>
Mr. Robot
>>
>>60430991
You know you can use it for everything, right?
You're not locked down to certain tasks because it's a 'hackers OS'.
The thing installs well, and does everything you could want it to do.
Sure its intended usecase is for on the fly use, but that doesn't mean it's no good for anything else.
Do you all just learn of Kali and think lol xd haxors? It's a perfectly competent system to use.
>>
>>60441828
>run everything as root
>competent
Hmmm
>>
>>60441952
Then make a user account, dumbarse. Are you a noob to linux?
>>
>>60441963
>he has to make a user account manually
lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>60442003
>>60441952
> adduser user
your both retarded.
>>
>>60442125
sudo
>>
>>60430343
It comes with working wifi drivers out of the box for nearly every card. This includes patched drivers which allow for injection.
>>
>>60430343
I use it because it already has many forensic tools installed. Download the vbox image from their website and you are good to go.
>>
>>60430667
>people that actually do penetration testing and security

I thought that those people have their own system (whatever distro or even OS) fine-tuned and configured by hand with all the tools they need.
>>
>>60435403
I don't know, I've just heard of it. Perheps some /g/entooman interested in cyberforensics will elaborate.
>>
What about the speculations that one should stick with Backtrack 5 because Kali being "botnet" (supposedly sending some data somewhere), or is this just FUD?
>>
>>60442768
Dunno but it's arguably a bit suspicious that they took the Backtrack downloads and repo down completely soon after Kali was released. Why not just leave it for those who prefer Backtrack?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.