[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gold vs. Platinum vs. Titanium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1553522-n0.jpg (61KB, 700x548px) Image search: [Google]
1553522-n0.jpg
61KB, 700x548px
I'm currently deciding which PSU I should choose. I need 4x 8 Pin on a 650 W PSU (for dual 1070 FTWs). I found the Seasonic Prime series, which is avaiable in different versions.

The Gold rated one costs 100 €. The Platinum rated one 140 €. I researched about it, it seems the Platinum one is exactly the same, except with 2 % more efficiency. Is there any other difference? The Titanium one costs over 200 €, but it is only 4 % more efficient according to the Seasonic website. Do they use any better components or is this just marketing?
>>
>>60412978
gold one will add better shaders and gloss overall. but range is pretty weak
titanium is the strongest, it will deliver maximum raw power, but it lacks good color
platinum is the best overall, with good precision, will recommend to most users
>>
>>60412978
check out the reviews here:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Review_Cat&recatnum=13

And decide for yourself.
>>
>>60412978
You don't pay only for efficiency. But also for premium rated components.
>>
File: psu.png (23KB, 901x201px) Image search: [Google]
psu.png
23KB, 901x201px
>>60413491
Given the same 12 year warranty on all Primes, pretty sure efficiency is actually the only difference.
>>
>>60412978
If you're on a tight budget Bronze is fine. If you're spending more than $1k you should definitely go for at least silver, but gold is cheap enough there's no reason not to. Platinum and higher is for bragging rights and extremely high end builds.

I personally will not recommend anything but EVGA B2/3 or G2/3 or Seasonic X-series or Prime anymore. There's no reason to go for anything else, except in the odd scenario where you need an SFX PSU and then you go for the Silverstone Strider series or that one Seasonic Gold 380W SFX.
>>
>>60414284
Oh, and I should also say the EVGA G3 series actually performs better than Seasonic Prime in efficiency and voltage regulation as well as ripple control and some other shit. G3 is a better PSU than the Prime series. Thank you, Superflower!
>>
>>60414284
I currently run a Corsair CX500M. I initially bought a 1000W DPP10 for 200 €, but it failed two times and had terrible coil whine, so I don't think buying expensive models is worth it anymore.

I was aiming for up to 150 €, 600 or 700 W (Can handle a 5820K and two 1070s), lasting at least five or more years. 100 € seems just fine, leaving me some funds for the second GPU.

>>60414325
I considered EVGA first but they don't have four 6+2 Pin. I can't run two FTWs on it. They don't draw 375W, but they require 8pin connectors.
>>
>>60414382
Huh? Newegg lists the 750W version as having six 6+2 pin connectors and can be had for less than the Prime 650W.
>>
Unless you live in venezuela it wont make any noticeable difference in your energy bill.
>>
>>60414540
But it will make a noticeable difference in fan speed on full load.
>>
Some people tell me you shouldn't need to go for gold even if it's only $20 more expensive than bronze. Though the gold has to do less work than bronze right? So wouldn't that mean that in the long run $20 is nothing
>>
buy corsair
>>
>>60414715
t. retard
>>60414706
Gold PSUs are just more efficient. However, you should always read reviews. Some OEMs use different platforms for their gold and bronze lines, so while the gold rated PSUs are quality parts, the bronze rated PSUs might be total shit. Look for PSUs where the internals are manufactured by Seasonic, Superflower, or in the case of some high end shit like the Corsair AX1200i/AX1500i, Flextronics.
>>
>>60414504
I'll probably order at Mindfactory (Germany).
>>60414715
I wanted a AX760 in the first place but you can't buy these anymore and the 860i is around 200 €.
>>60414814
I think I'll stick with the Gold one then. The tests read 500 W consumption with a 1070 SLI, depending on the CPU load. It will be between 60 and 80 % under load.
>>
look for japanese capacitors
i don't think any plat psu uses non-japanese but some gold ones do

if they aren't japanese make sure they're teapo otherwise avoid it
>>
>>60417051
Seasonic Prime Gold uses them
>>
Look up the OEM. That's what matters.not the brand
>>
>>60412978
Do you leave your PC on all the time? Do you care about your electric bill? If yes to both, just get the highest rated within your budget and power requirements.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.