[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What linux distro do you use and why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: hippo_gums.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
hippo_gums.webm
2MB, 854x480px
What linux distro do you use and why
>>
MacOS
>>
File: 1456033651200.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456033651200.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>60412690
>>
>>60412707
this
>>
Windows 10 with Arch Linux in WSL.
>>
>>60412690
Ubuntu because ricing is gay
>>
i have ubuntu but it needs to be updated almost every day

why?
>>
>>60412841
You must have a lot of packages that receive updates. Not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>60412707
I was about to post this.
>>
>>60412690
i got elementary loki cause it looked cool..
>>
>>60412690
Mint because it's the first one I tried in like 2009 and it still werks
>>
>>60412690
Archlinux, but I plan to switch to either Fedora, RHEL, or Qubes OS.
>>
>>60412841
>it needs to be updated almost every day
Nope. You're free to update whenever you want.
>>
>>60412690
this is the same place they killed harambe. fuck that zoo
>>
what if he bites her finger off
>>
>>60413044
>assuming gender
>teeth where?
-2/10
>>
>>60413063
You don't need teeth to bite.
>>
Arch. I've been using it for close to 9 years already so I guess I'm just used to it. I like the bleeding edge packages, it means I get all the latest features ASAP. I like the package manager, it's fast and powerful. Also, Arch users tend to borrow goodies from other distros and those end up in the AUR so I don't have to download source and manually compile. All in all, it's a pretty convenient distro. Also I technically use Antergos as of last year.
>>
>>60413044
*she
>>
Debian Sid, because all other distros are either outdated or a pain in the ass (or both).
>>
Manjaro because it has KDE.
>>
Debian Jessie, but I hate the Debian thing about stability that forbid you of removing certain programs without removing the whole de.
>>
Xubuntu on my 2 home computers because it just werks and it's easy to find fixes for problems online. Didn't have much luck yesterday though, wasted like 4 hours (mostly download times) trying to install StarCraft: Brood War on my shitty desktop and while trying to start a new game, the GPU crashed everything. It may be just this particular old piece of shit computer, I should try it on my laptop, which is way more stable in general.
>>
>>60413304
removing the de metapackage doesn't hurt.
>>
Debian Stable AKA Jessie right now.

I don't like surprises or issues with my main rig and I never have any.

The laptop I'll throw anything on.
I used to try all the main distros on my desktop too but even the ones I liked would eventually add something stupid or buggy I would have to fix.
>>
Ubuntu Mate. Because it works for me out of the box.
>>
Xubuntu because just werks Ubuntu plus xfce master race
>>
>>60412690
gentoo because hardened sources but that shit's dead now, thanks to kspp jews
>>
>>60413252
I use knoppix because of that very reason
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.