[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: apress.png (40KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
apress.png
40KB, 1024x768px
Is an interest in video game development /g/ worthy, or does it place you in the same tier as /v/ babbies?

Personally, I think it's a legitimate pursuit. This is anecdotal, but I find it to be the least boring facet of computer science by far. However, it's hard for me to internally destigmatize the association video games and NEET leech manchildren.
I find *playing* video games to be an unproductive waste of time by and large, and I won't hesitate to show the door to any /v/irgins who bring their autistic gaymen benchmarks to this board.
>>
>>60412684
You sound really insecure.
>>
File: 1485869248898.jpg (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1485869248898.jpg
220KB, 1280x1280px
>asking /g/ to make your important life decisions
>>
>>60412684
>posts /v/ meme
>>
>tfw you'll never strike gold with some autism-friendly piece of shit game like minecraft and never ever need to work ever again

FUCK someone kill notch I can't live with this amount of butthurt
>>
>>60412698
>>60412740
I was just giving my take on it. So what if I don't know what to do with my life. This topic should still be discussed.
>>
>>60412876
Well you can at least not make the mistake of writing the entire thing in a failed abortion like Java.
>>
File: tottwitter2.jpg (43KB, 473x414px) Image search: [Google]
tottwitter2.jpg
43KB, 473x414px
>>60412684
So what are you getting at? You want to become one of those virulent bile spewing """developers""" that both hates games and people who play them?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (260KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
260KB, 1920x1200px
>>60412941
>DIE! DIE!DIE!
>>
>>60412684
Yes and obviously in your case yes.
>>
>>60412941
Maybe. I don't think I'd be that much of a cunt (publicly anyway). I just hate how much of my time games took from me. I don't hate people who play games as much as I just don't understand them, so I find it to be a safe assumption that most of them are either children/teenagers or people with no drive to be productive. But even if I didn't care about participating in society, I would still feel like I'm not gaining anything from playing games.
>>
File: 1488464847523.gif (605KB, 527x396px) Image search: [Google]
1488464847523.gif
605KB, 527x396px
>>60413165
My parents always put it in my head that I was smarter than others and filled me with pressure to impress, whenever I did anything that was less than perfect or failed it was always because I was being lazy or just didn't want to succeed
My fear of failure has paralyzed me in life, all my peers have left me behind in successful careers while I dropped out of college because unlike regular grade school I was actually working on things I didn't already know and my results were never good enough. I can't even make myself apply for jobs because the prospect of being turned down terrifies me, and the escape of video games where I can retry until I succeed, or be better than others fills the hole in my life.
I don't even know how to program, I'm completely useless.
>>
>>60413165
>I just hate how much of my time games took from me.
>I don't hate people who play games as much as I just don't understand them

What? This doesn't make sense. You obviously played a lot of videogames, so how can you possibly not understand people who play videogames?
>>
>>60413958
Because I don't really know what I was thinking. I don't know what I thought games were doing for me. It even got to a point where I was playing games out of obligation. I completed almost every single Sonic the Hedgehog game for some reason. Games were just 'what I did'. I was just a kid with no sense of responsibility who didn't know how to think forward. Then when I was 16, I began to feel like I was unable to enjoy games all of a sudden. It drove me insane. I felt like there was something wrong with me. I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out how to get my enthusiasm for games back, but I eventually realized that games were the problem in the first place. It wasn't a problem that games weren't entertaining me anymore, it was a blessing that I finally came around to having some baseline sense of being productive.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.