[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you buy an intelligent car that phones the cops if you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170515_180236.jpg (288KB, 1080x1470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170515_180236.jpg
288KB, 1080x1470px
Would you buy an intelligent car that phones the cops if you break the law?

>A drink-driver has been arrested after their car automatically alerted police that it had been involved in a crash.

>The Ford Fiesta contacted the authorities following the incident in Aghalee, Co Antrim, on Saturday night.

>Several car companies already offer emergency call options in the case of a collision, using either a phone built into the vehicle or by linking automatically through a driver's mobile.

>From April 2018 all new cars in Europe will have to be equipped with co-called eCall technology which, in the event of an accident, will contact rescue services, giving details of things including the location and time of the crash, and the direction of travel.
>>
Fuck no, I'm keeping my 1999 shitbox honda for life.
>>
>>60409935
That guy should consider himself lucky. He could have committed vehicular manslaughter and spent the rest of his life in jail.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_S660

I'll just drive a S660
>>
It didn't phone him because he broke the law, it phoned because he got into an accident and didn't disable it.

The 911 Assist feature in Fords defaults to on and can be disabled if desired, I have a 2015 Ford Fusion.
>>
>>60409953
This, a Honda that's looked after should outlive you, and it'll never rat you out to the po-po.
>>
So what happens when the car is 20 years old and the first gen eCall tech is no longer supported?
Do they simply make the car illegal to own, since it can no longer rat you out to the police?

And this will definitely happen, the first rollout of OnStar GM cars used analog transmitters that were deprecated by the manufacturer and no longer compatible.
>>
>>60410003
>opt out
The only reason to make anything opt-out is if you know that nobody fucking wants it.
>>
Shitty clickbait, nothing to see here folks.
>>
No but I'd buy a self-driving one so I can't be held legally responsible for any accidents as well as be able to drive while drunk.
>>
File: 1494134209967.jpg (29KB, 198x284px) Image search: [Google]
1494134209967.jpg
29KB, 198x284px
>>60410413
>so I can't be held legally responsible for any accidents
"No."
P.S. The word is accountable. You sound even less intelligent when your idiocy is garnished with illiteracy.
>>
>>60410413
>he thinks the car will be a legal entity / the manufacturer is always accountable is the event of a collision
The first public death caused by a self-driving car is going to be such a clusterfuck.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.