[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a new antivirus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1487669871323.jpg (20KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1487669871323.jpg
20KB, 512x512px
So, with the new wave of ransomware going around, I tried to infect an virtual machine with a ransomware with the antivirus I happen to own (AVG) and it didn't detect a shit. (Check this out https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2ffd9ba7b5dbccf734da02498fa2a6af8caaf8b9f98d4b32bc226516eee5c832/analysis/)

So, I need a new one, I don't care if you have to pay for it, but better if it's free.

Thanks mates.
(Picture not related)
>>
>Antivirus
Why don't you install an OS which isn't deeply flawed instead?
>>
>>60403790
Waste of time m8.
In fact plenty of them put you at more risk.
Comodo a shit
>>
Cylance
>>
Common Sense 2017
>>
>>60403799
> Steam
> Have to work with Windows because compatibilities with the software I work with
>>
anyone else use malwarebytes and it doesnt scan anything? it finishes in less than 5 seconds everytime. works fine of my laptop though. i wonder if its becuase its not installed on my c drive. anyone else have this problem?
>>
Just check if you have the latest updates. They already patched the NSA exploits the Ransomware was using
>>
If you have a firewall blocking inbound connections and are physically able to recognize patterns (ie. not completely retarded) you're fine.

Gotta love all the autists from /v/ who screech about having to update and thinking your computer can be magically hacked by thin air.
>>
>>60403812
This
>>
GAHNOO/Linux
>>
>>60403880
>>Gotta love all the autists from /v/ who screech about having to update and thinking your computer can be magically hacked by thin air.
It sure can be hacked from your local network though.
Got a stupid sister? Bam, your computer is infected just by being on the same network.
The ransomware probes port 445 on local networks looking for SMB services (ON by default, and actually tricky to turn off) and exploits a vulnerability allowing remote code execution (and running a copy of itself) automatically, just because your computers were both on at the same time.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx#ID0ERPAG
>>
>>60404681
I know all that. Blocking inbound connections in windows firewall is literally enough, be it LAN or WAN.
>>
desu im waiting to get infected so someone can clean out my hard disk for me, from 1tb i have around 80gb free space if they want to "encrypt" all my stuff then they are free to do so
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.