[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

File: Discord.png (39KB, 1024x500px) Image search: [Google]
Discord.png
39KB, 1024x500px
Find a flaw
>>
>>60396637
Closed Source.
>>
Cringey memes on startup
>>
>>60396653
>>60396655
thread.

Just use mumble.
>>
>>60396637
>>60396653
Tracks the user using unique keys, uses Google Analytics, and is a startup funded by shady third parties.
>>
>>60396637
>>/v/
>>
>>60396653
This.
>>
Ships with drivers for Xbox controllers cause electron is bloated to all hell.

Proprietary so can't use it on unsupported distros.

Base usage of ram is way too much for a chat program.
>>
>>60396796
stop being a peasant and buy more ram you retarded faggot.
>>
>>60396637

Saves all logs on the backend

One day someone will hack the Discord database and dump everything and all of your chats will be public

Enjoy
>>
>>60396796
You can use it on unsupported distros, but it's an exercise in dependency agony.
>>
>>60396826
Not him, I have 32GB of RAM and I still think that Discord uses too much for a VOIP program.
>>
>>60396826
You can't just throw more hardware at a problem. Increasing performance per dollar of hardware isn't an excuse for mediocre programming.
>>
File: 1494400173925.jpg (24KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
1494400173925.jpg
24KB, 320x238px
Literally
>>
Doesn't display any sort of notification when someone sends a message.

I've missed messages by up to a week, and only then noticed them because I decided to check on my own.
>>
>>60396637
can't currently, but I wouldn't trust it for anything other than shitposting bec of that sketchy ToS.
>>
File: 1485192911326.gif (2MB, 695x392px) Image search: [Google]
1485192911326.gif
2MB, 695x392px
C E N T R A L I Z E D S E R V E R S
>>
>>60396692
>uses Google Analytics
Wait, why is this bad? Should I not be using this?
>>
>>60396637
it's laggy as fuck on old computers
>>
It collects your data and sells it. Also it's IRC for redditors and normalfags too stupid to use IRC.
>>
>>60396840
What's stopping you from running it in a browser.
>>
File: 1492991221460.png (56KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
1492991221460.png
56KB, 624x624px
>>60397960
I don't always want to to be running a browser.
>>
>>60397978
Don't lie, you always have 4chan open.
>>
Shitty terms of service
>>
>>60396653
He said flaw
>>
>>60397995
Often, but not always.
>>
CloudBleed
>>
>>60396637

it this only used by 4chan users? I found out a guy at my work uses discord.
>>
you can't delete an account, but if you stop using, it deactivates. Also you can replace your email with something like [email protected]
>>
>>60399390
it's pretty much the de facto client for any kind of gaymer community
>>
Can't get into dms with bbs in less than 5 seconds in a group chat
>>
>>60396637
>The login token doesn't change when you change your password
>If someone has your token, they have control over your account even if you change the pass
>>
>>60396637
Only retards use it.
>>
>>60396637
Lolis are banned
>>
I don't know if tis just me but I've noticed compared to every other chat program and voip program, discussion in chats is really hard to maintain. I can't have an actual discussion or argument without the conversation getting derailed in a number of minutes.
Along with that, the gui is pretty shit, bots are annoying most of the time, and the only benefits are organization and voice quality.
>>
eh, it's less spammish than skype, better looking than teamspeak, and it's got a quite attractive UI for my tastes. It's aight. No program is perfect.
>>
File: XBEf9W.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
XBEf9W.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
>be /g/
>trying to escape the botnet
>install meme OS like Gentoo
>search the web using DuckDuckGo
>get rid of great programs because hurr durr it sells my data
>then use 4chan that uses Google' reCAPTCHA
>>
>>60396637
how the hell do they make money ?
they say it's from Nitro but I find this hard to believe.
>>
>>60401079
It does change anon
>>
>>60402536
literally just nitro and leftover startup funding
>>
File: jew pc.png (320KB, 680x365px) Image search: [Google]
jew pc.png
320KB, 680x365px
>>60396637
>Popular servers moderated by liberal cucks
>Devs make you pay for shit that should be free (like gif avatars and universal emojis)
>(((Cloudflare)))
>Private chats being leaked because of kikeflare
>>
It just reeks of nu-males and Reddit. And I have a rule,"don't like what reddit likes, because it must be shit". It always works for me
>>
>>60396637
Screenshare when?
open source / api when?
>>
>>60396849
Get 64 gigs you cheap fuck
>>
>>60398124
Like you've read them ..
>>
>>60403026
>I can't read, guess everyone can't read
>>
File: 1*GhrDlRF5XtGnWuzl0rqlWg.png (255KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
1*GhrDlRF5XtGnWuzl0rqlWg.png
255KB, 1200x797px
>no mention of Riot.im or matrix.org in this thread

Riot is a free software client for the free software matrix protocol.

Riot is the client that's most like discord/slack.

There's a multitude of available clients if you don't want an electron web app.
>>
>>60403032
>reply to comment in a text based board forum
>gets accused of illiteracy

So this is what being autistic is like..
>>
>>60396637
Closed source centralized service that stores uploaded file and messages for the group to see in the feature.

Free of charge.

Whos paying for this shit?
Oh right, it's a fucking botnet.
>>
I roleplayed as a grill once and now some super depressed guy keeps PM'ing me about how shitty his life is and how he has no friends. I want to block him but I know I'd feel terrible if I did.
>>
>>60403077
>Whos paying for this shit?
https://discordapp.com/company#section-company-investors
>>
>>60403113
>investors
Investment implies return of profit.
So again, whos paying for that shit?
>>
>>60396837
How would you organize that much erp and dick pics?
>>
>Mumble still hasn't released a stable 1.3 client
I really want to support them but with these development speeds they're leaking users by the minute.
>>
Selling your data to governments all over the world and actively being a honeypot.
>>
>>60402426
>4chan that uses Google' reCAPTCHA
>tfw newfag doesn't even use Legacy Captcha

Get back to /v/
>>
>>60403113
>>60403131
Tencent are Chinese.

Chinese don't do shit for free.

The chinks are reading your ERPs.
>>
>>60396655
it's full of memes all the way through

the voice chat seems to be better than on TS so i don't mind using it
>>
>>60396637
it's a botnet
>>
>>60397668
He is just part of the Google hate train. Google Analytics is amazing
>>
it's not irc
the ui is buggy, the "what's new" and infotip boxes always show up on login, very clunky overall
shitty memes everywhere
>>
>>60402536
They sell your data (voice + text chats) for """"""analytics""""""""
>>
>>60396796
>Base usage of ram is way too much for a chat program.
Literally never uses more than 200 MB of memory. If that is anything other than a negligible amount of memory to you then you either need to get a job or kill yourself.
>>
it's a web browser disguised as IM
>>
>>60403065
It's an image board.
>>
>>60396637
Botnet
>>
>>60396637
No video call.
>>
>>60396655
>>60396637
This plus it cant start minimized

literal
virus
behaviour.
>>
Revolutionized erotic ERP
>>
>>60396637
In a couple years you will learn why people dislilked it.

Discord is first a funding cash grab, second a datamining effort to sell user data and lastly is not intended to last any longer than a couple years at best.
They say they intend to stay afloat by selling emoticons. They don't intend to stay afloat.

For use though, discord is pretty great. It's just that Jason Citron will rape and gut it and leave it to rot in some back alley of Detroid when he's done milking it for funding money. Such a waste of developer effort.
>>
>>60406322
And the image I was supposed to post that got caught in the spam filter.
>>
>>60406338
> Tencent
Well, no wonder.
>>
>>60396637
The Ds make it look as if Hebrew.
>>
>>60396653
Why is this a problem?
>>
>>60407070
Closed source = more than likely listening in / farming our data
>>
It's problematic because it's black boxed, we don't know exactly what they're doing with any data that passes through their service - selling it to whom, and what will the buyer do with it, etc etc.

But it does highlight an issue with alternatives; Discord is retard proof, built by clever Jews to appeal to the lowest common denominator - yes, me and you might find configuring Mumble to be easy enough, or setting up Matrix or Riot, but the usual morons that just want to talk to their shit friends about that crap game they all play, it's quick as fuck.

That's a problem. It's why it's gaining ground.

You want to fight back? Set up a public riot/matrix thing, give it a snappy name, make up some useless statistics about how many people use it, and make it colorful and easy to use.
>>
>>60396637
Cant play Webm
>>
closed source and centralized
>>
The memes everywhere just make it hard to have good conversations. People constantly abbreviate and misspell like they're on a cell phone and the ease of coming into and dropping from a voice room encourages you to be around others 24/7. It just gets old. I've actually grown sick of people from using this chatting program. I like Skype a lot more in that regard, where your avatar is linked to your email and typically you have a real life picture of yourself. It just encourages you to not be a retard.

That said, the bot features are phenomenal and if it were used professionally then it has huge potential. The main issue is probably just the user base. But seriously, the design..the memes really need to stop.
>>
>>60408266
>the bot features are phenomenal
Lots of discords I've seen have ten bots and six users.
>>
>>60408342

I mean things like Discord FM's server. Such a good idea, there are voice channels for all different types of music and there are bots sitting in each channel streaming it. I think bots with RSS feeds are pretty neat as well, they can message your server news or when the latest anime has come out. There are fun bots as well that let you voice chat with other servers. The normal ones that fetch game stats, moderate and so on aren't that bad either.. saves you having to manually google stuff.
>>
>>60396637
bloated mess of javascript
>>
>>60396796
>Proprietary so can't use it on unsupported distros.
Nah, the .tar.gz package works on almost any distro where Chrome would run without deps so anything that's not autistic and even including gen2 and arch.
>>
>>60403562
>tfw newfag can't tell that "Legacy Captcha" is still Google's recaptcha, just older version
Get back to r/technology you inept
>>
>>60396637
Inconsistent ui, devs ask for money constantly, promised features still haven't happened, memes, "great for low grade machines", mic input is shit, use a DAC in discord and you're fucked.
Need I go on?
>>
>>60408266
>People constantly abbreviate and misspell like they're on a cell phone
>ease of coming into and dropping from a voice room
I feel like these things are a matter of what groups you're in, and the people you're interacting with. I've never had these issues.
>>
>>60396637
>Funded by Tencent
>>
>>60396637
Recently started using this because my group uses it on PC. Have used Teamspeak, Ventrilo for years.

Constantly have to reboot the program because it stops recognizing my headset and disconnects the audio. Not once have I ever had a problem with teamspeak or ventrilo doing this.

2/10, will not use ever again.
>>
>>60403060
I haven't used riot yet, does it support all the gay shit people like about discord like custom emojis among other things? Also roles are pretty handy, does it do that?

It's the only way I'd ever be able to get my normie friends to migrate. I don't like discord that much but it's the best option I know of.
>>
File: 055.jpg (168KB, 799x687px) Image search: [Google]
055.jpg
168KB, 799x687px
>>60404182

Yes goy. You don't have anything to hide do you?

We at Google also enjoy furry hentai like you do. Why don't you check this website?
>>
>>60396998
That's your own fault for not configuring it correctly.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.