[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone meet this man irl? how is him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: stallman.jpg (86KB, 650x517px) Image search: [Google]
stallman.jpg
86KB, 650x517px
anyone meet this man irl?
how is him?
>>
>>60395974
He's nice. He's talkative. And he will literally correct you if you say Linux
>>
>>60395974
He started eating his toe fungus in front of me. I vomited and ran away.
>>
>>60395974
Fat and Jewish.
>>
>>60395974
Too big of a guy to confront.
>>
>>60395974
He's very particular

Doesn't give autographs unless you buy a book from the FSF

Doesn't sign your PC if it has a windows sticker
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (41KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
41KB, 716x768px
>>60397694
Bane?
>>
>>60397694
For you.
>>
smells like an unwashed ballsack
>>
>>60395974
The better question is: what does he smell like?
>>
back in high school i emailed him asking him why he was so fat because i was an autist and thought he was a wacko
he actually replied back saying he knows his weight isn't healthy but has trouble managing it or something along those lines
i felt really bad about it even though i still didn't like him
all these years later i realize he's been right all along and i still feel bad
not really relevant but w/e
>>
He has no manners and has the most obnoxious holier than thou attitude I've ever seen. He also covers his ears and screams "I'M GNU/RIGHT I'M GNU/ RIGHT I'M GNU/RIGHT I'M GNU/RIGHT" if you make any kind of argument against his retarded black and white view of the world.
>>
>>60395974
Emailed him one time and he replied. Conversation was about applying FOSS to political systems.

He is far from wrong on his philosophies, they are just not always compatible with capitalism.

It's good that he exists, because his ideas can help keep shit in check.

He also has many flaws in his thinking, or maybe goes too far sometimes.
>>
>>60395974
Pajeet here. Met him at my university, a very nice person, didn't mind stupid questions thrown during and after the lecture. Carried a small macbook with Ubuntu
>>
>>60395974
He's a nice person, gets autistic if you say Linux instead of GLinux or GNU plus Linux, and answers all questions without sarcasm. It's great how he preaches privacy and personal security everywhere, without caring wether or not his efforts are worth it.
>>
Wish I could meet him.
>>
>>60402493
You're a liar
>>
>>60395974
I was several feet away from him at the decentralized web conference at the internet archive a while back.

He is truly a living meme.

I prefer >picrelated for my based politics computer scientists.
>>
>>60399919
You should tell him that
>>
>>60403377
Staying deluded can't be a choice.
>>
I saw Richard Stallman at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>60395974
Saw him speaking at a conference once

Surprisingly high pitched voice
>>
>>60403540
thats the donald trump story right
>>
>>60399894
the same smell as freedom.
>>
>>60395989
*GNU/Linux
>>
>>60402493
Are you retarded? He uses a ThinkPad with Trisquel and used to use some chink MIPS netbook (Leemote Yeelong?)
>>
>>60395974
He came into my university and I got to sneak onto a interview they did him, he seemed super nice and genuine, but a little bit harsh and at the time he was pretty busy. I talked to him for about 10 seconds and gave me a bad impression, but it can be justificable as he was on a rush to do his work, and everyone, even the dean of the university were trying to impress him. Being famous has to be harsh, i really hope the best for him.
>>
>>60404556
if you say "gnu/linux", he wouldn't correct you, you faggot
>>
>>60403586
Because he's Jewish.
>>
>>60395974
He always auctions off the GNU plushie for big bucks after every lecture

He gets mad when people turn off his kettle

He brings his own tea and hand lotion everywhere
>>
>>60399894
Answer just before you. >>60399880
So ye. That is what Freedom smells like then >>60404260
>>
>>60408046
He corrected him retard
>>
>>60403936
The original is about Flying Lotus.
There's a shit ton of copies of it now.
>>
>>60409390
back to /r/know you're meme
>>
I want to email him but don't have anything worth asking him. I don't want to come off as, you know, inane.
>>
>>60395974
he fucked the expressport slot of my free as in freedom lemote dingdong
>>
>>60410581
Fuck off tripfag
>>
>>60412215
this isn't a tripcode newfriend
>>
>>60412239
Oh yeah, you're right.
You're just too stupid to use a trip so you do that instead.
Gotcha
>>
>>60412306
It's because save trips are for idiots
>>
>>60412664
How ironic
>>
>>60413020
How come? :^)
>>
>>60397917
Reddit?
>>
"Me comparan con Bill Gates, pero él viaja en aviones privados, con mucha gente alrededor trabajando para él, puede tomarse su tiempo, tener un hogar, una familia. Yo no puedo tener nada de eso, viajo mucho, tengo una casa en Manhattan que no es mi hogar, estoy expuesto todo el tiempo, tengo mucho trabajo que hacer, tengo problemas de salud [la columna y operación en ambos brazos, se ve la cicatriz en la foto anterior], estoy viejo, no sé si podré hacer todo lo que debería, nunca tendré una familia […] Estoy sólo."

https://gallir.wordpress.com/2011/10/29/un-viaje-con-richard-stallman-esa-persona/

He needs some love anon. Can you provide it to him?
>>
>>60413090
>>60412664
>>60412239
>>60410581
Post titties or gtfo
>>
>>60395974

i sent some emails to him

he likes to talk is friendly and quite intelligent

really few people are so interesting

i wish he kept/treated himself better, all the weight will come back to him eventually
>>
>>60403436
I second that.
>>
>>60413583
I third it
>>
>>60402493
kek
>>
>>60409328
go back to school study some logic and reading with comprehension
>>
>>60399919
Top fucking kek ahahahaha.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.