[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find one legitimately bad flaw, I dare you, /g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 10

File: iOS.png (3MB, 817x817px) Image search: [Google]
iOS.png
3MB, 817x817px
Find one legitimately bad flaw, I dare you, /g/
>>
can't even move icons how you want them.
>>
>>60395585
>no file manager
>needing a pc to sync up files
>current year
>>
locked down shit
it uses you, not the other way around

t. pissed off jailbroken ios user
>>
File: not free software.png (15KB, 553x546px) Image search: [Google]
not free software.png
15KB, 553x546px
>>
>>60395663
Although, looking back, Android is no better. We're regressing. Other small phone OSes are the future.
>>
>>60395585
Can't send/receive files over bluetooth to anything but Apple devices.
>>
i used to be a hardcore Android user. I preferred Nexus devices because they regularly got security updates on time, as opposed to shit companies like Samsung, who took forever to push updates to it's users. And not only that, but device encryption was flawed, and useless. But still, I held the line.

Until I met my wife, and she was a diehard iPhone fan. When it came time to upgrade devices, she urged me to select an iPhone for myself. She bragged about all it's features, especially it's security, and well I was sold!

I've been using my iPhone 7 Plus since February, and I fucking love it!
>>
>can't search for people's numbers from the dialer by typing out their name on the numpad
>can't torrent
>can't manage files
But hey, at least there's a universal Go Back gesture.
>>
Can't use your phone as USB storage without a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>60395585
Can only run on overheating explosive iShit.
>>
>>60395775
This is a serious flaw with iOS.
It turns you into a flaming faggot.
>>
File: 1470343060740.jpg (29KB, 250x241px)
1470343060740.jpg
29KB, 250x241px
>>60395585
>Find one legitimately bad flaw, I dare you
Encryption and security is too strong.
>>
>>60396087
>t. iToddler subhuman
>>
>>60395812
>>can't torrent
>Torrenting on a phone
why?
>>can't manage files
This is the biggest flaw of ios
>>
File: 1493738532499.jpg (26KB, 442x452px)
1493738532499.jpg
26KB, 442x452px
>no flash support to play my zonetan hentai games
>>
File: pepe~01.jpg (27KB, 600x418px)
pepe~01.jpg
27KB, 600x418px
My idea of personalization is to be able to change the icons, status bar, the launcher and absolutely every corner of the operating system (And replace any application that comes by default with one that I want), so that it's as I like. It amazes me and it seems ridiculous to me that in iOS the maximum idea of personalization is to change the wallpaper, covered 70% by awful icons. For fuck's sake, I can't even choose the ringtone.
People who use Apple products have no personality at all.
>>
>>60395585
The inability to switch to a different default application in the Settings so that it applies to all apps installed on your phone.

The current system of relying on each individual app to use the API so that you can select which browser, e-mail client, etc to use is fiddly and stupid and indefensible.
>>
>>60395585
I remember that anyone could use SIRI on someone's phone
>>
>>60396707
Android does not support it too now
>>
>>60395812
>can't torrent
OP said legitimate.
>>
>>60396676
>not using your phone as a computer
Classic iFaggot
>>
>>60396771
Depends on your browser.
>>
>>60395585
Controls aren't active until transition animation stops.
>>
I can't install nice apps like AIMSICD from outside the store.
I can't install alternative store like Aptoide and get pirated apps.
I can't block spying and sending data back (I have no Gapps installed).
I can't switch ROM whenever I wish.
I can't connect flash disk to phone and browse files. Can't connect mouse or keyboard either.
>>
>>60396791
>Using your phone for anything other than communication
>>
You can only use apps from the apple store
>>
>>60396833
>p2p is not communication
>>
>>60396877
>File sharing is communication
>>
>>60395585
https://discord.gg/JzKrznx
>>
>>60396771
Yes it does, it's just old.
>>
>>60395585
https://discord.gg/JzKrznx
>>
>>60395775
How the fuck did I end up on /r/apple
>>
>>60396833
>limit the power of your phone just for communication
Dude, it's a 700 USD portable computer with phone
>>
>>60395585
its users

the horrible designated widget screen which is a duplicate from the notifcation shade's own widget screen

they keep mentioning lightweight OS but need to increase the specs marginally to keep up with the blubber they layer on to render older devices uselss

Forced updates down the dick which cannot be disabled. You can tap not now but it'll be downloaded on wi-fi and installed unless you keep deleting it

cant browse filesystem, can't use anything other than Apple's own apps by default or without inconveniencing yourself

Wallpapers get dimmed and cropped horribly

slide to unlock is now gone to "press your home button to wear it out more"

have to use itunes to transfer literally anything

propietary messaging app that no one can replicate on android for some reason

glazed or blurred "glass" everywhere

every update you see something new lag until the entire phone is just stutterfest with no way to turn off animations, just reduce them to slightly less taxing blur effects.
>>
>>60396940
what if I share audio files through vocaroo, inconvenient but its still a form of communication anon
>>
File: 1485840366794.png (324KB, 1087x1090px)
1485840366794.png
324KB, 1087x1090px
>>60396833
>L I T E R A L L Y $900 facebook machine
>>
>>60396940
>never read installation files
>never read hacker/ripper notes
>dunno about .inf
>>
>>60395585
>no file manager
>per application storage
>can't use it as a USB driver
>App Store
>Apple Ecosystem â„¢
>>
>dev access behind a $100/yr paywall
>third party API is beyond gimped
>>
>>60395585 (OP)
>when you delete something from iCloud, it won't be really deleted
>what is the fappening
Checkmate
>>
>>60395775
So iPhone turns you into beta?
>>
>>60395585
It's pretty, practical and old people can use it.
But to use it it's necessary to pay very inflated prices for things otherwise not so fucking expensive.
I know i'm poor and all that shit, who cares, if that wasn't a shill tactic, i wonder who actually fall in the shaming tactic.
>>
It's a pain on ass to run gaymes emulators
Also apps run better on good android devices
>>
>>60395585
Everything is so fucking slow-paced, probably to mask all that swapping required to compensate the low amount of RAM.
>>
>>60398339
>iOS = iCloud
>>
>>60396774
I guess you'd say a $1400 starting price isn't a legitimate flaw either
>>
>>60396833
>Using your """""smart""""" phone only for communication
>>
>Need to pay $100 a year to write apps for it
>>
>>60397781
Exactly, see
>>60396074
>>
>>60395775

One too many !s
>>
>>60396774
>I don't use it so that means it isn't a problem
>>
File: image.png (388KB, 1080x1445px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
388KB, 1080x1445px
>>60395585
>>
>>60399055
Not only that, but you have to use XCode
XCode is fucking garbage
>>
>>60395585
>apple

there it is^
>>
File: 1487114152300.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487114152300.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
:^)
>>
It only runs on shit phones
>>
>>60395594

It's a sad omission, but I find it doesn't really impact usability.

>>60395609
>no file manager

Don't really need one. You'd be surprised. You have to learn new ways of doing things, but once you get the hang of it, it's about 90% as useful.

>needing a PC to sync up files

What files? Sync them how? I just use cloud storage.

>>60395663

For what non-rice purpose did you jailbreak? I'll grant you two: 4chan apps and emulators. Can you come up with others?

>>60395772

I tried this on my Android devices a few times. It was shit. I'd rather upload something to Google Drive and share it than use that shit again.

>>60395812

>can't torrent

Dude, get a headless mini-server for your house and call it a day. Torrenting on a phone will skullfuck your battery, and, if you only have 32-128GB of storage, odds are, you're not seeding. And, if you're torrenting and not seeding, you can fuck right off.

>>60395813

This one's kind of useful, but honestly, I hated MTP a *lot* when I had Android. I had a Nexus 6 and a Moto X -- not even shitty bargain phones -- and I still had terrible experiences with MTP.
>>
>>60402133
>I tried this on my Android devices a few times. It was shit. I'd rather upload something to Google Drive and share it than use that shit again.
You're right, it's not fast but it is convenient.

Bluetooth works no matter where you are, so long as you are within range of the device you want to send to. There is nothing to set up aside from discovering the target device. Every other phone (Android, Windows, Symbian, Ubuntu, Blackberry, etc) are all compatible with each other for sending files by Bluetooth, many would also be able to send files over Bluetooth to non-smartphone devices that support Bluetooth.

But no, Apple are special fucking snowflakes so when I take a photo and want to send it to someone next to me I have to either email it or send it over another service that will recompress it into a shittier quality.
>>
>>60395585
first letter should always be capitalized
>>
>>60402683
It's not a word, it's a name.
>>
>>60402700
first letter should always be capitalized
>>
>>60402133
128GB on phone +128GB SD card is more than enough for a few seasons of HD animu, and if you demand I seed shit from 2015 that I already have a ratio of 10 on, you can fuck right off
>>
>>60402720
Not when the name's spelled with a lowercase first letter.
>>
>>60402720
moot
>>
>>60402133
Every counterargument is just "Ehh, in my specific usecase it's my favorite, so you should agree it's the best for everyone."

I bet you're also a facist.
>>
>>60395585
My Ipad 2 is fucking slow and freeze most of the time after updated to iOS 9-10.

>basically hate old products.
>>
>>60402960

1) If you're going to use the word 'fascist', learn how to spell it. You're embarrassing yourself.

2) A lot of what I'm saying is objectively true. Rice is not utility, you can work with most files completely fine if you actually know to use iOS, Google Drive is often more effective than Bluetooth file transfer, torrenting on phones is shit compared to a computer you can get from a recycling center for $10 and leave running in your house, and MTP sucks a fat cock.

All of these things are true. And, as for syncing files, I'd like to know what kinds of files you're talking about syncing, what you'd be syncing them *to* if you didn't have a PC, and why you couldn't just use cloud storage like a sensible human being.
>>
>>60402996
>implying rice
>implying experience is necessary to appreciate a product
>implying I should be forced in to your preferred file sharing method
>Implying I can't do whatever the fuck I want with my 1000 dollar phone (torrent)
>MTP does suck a fat cock, but no reason not to make a better alternative if your touted platform is so perfect
>Implying you don't even sync
>ISHYGDDT
>>
>>60395585
Vendor lock-in and walled garden. Also closed source.
>>
>>60403034

>implying experience is necessary

It has a learning curve. Many things do. There's nothing wrong with that.

>implying I should be forced into your preferred file sharing method

No, just implying that there is a perfectly workable method, and you're over here infomercial'ing out like you can't do it or something.

>implying I can't torrent if I want to

Again, no. Just because you *can* do something, that doesn't mean you *should*. You shouldn't. It's a shitty use case. A USB HDD hooked up to a god damn $35 Raspberry Pi will do a significantly better job, and it won't demolish your phone battery and/or any data caps you may have.

>implying you don't even sync

I ask you again: What device other than a PC would you sync *to*, and why couldn't you utilize cloud syncing for that in the absence of any and all PCs?
>>
>>60395585
>no root console
>no user console
>not even in a jail which I would take over nothing
that's my beef
>>
>>60395585
Sandboxed environment for applications means every app have its own set of files. That means I can't install five PDF viewers and choose the one I like the most; I can't create something like a drawing or a file and send it to a SMB share through another app - the original application have to have built-in wi-fi and SMB features itself.
There's no built-in terminal, it's weird, but there's still none. There's no torrent applications, even Transmission remote control is forbidden and we're all know why.
>>
>no custom icons
>no third part launchers
even freetards have those lmao
pic related, all apps are open source
>>
>>60403186

>can't install five PDF viewers and choose the one you like the most

Sure you can. Most PDF viewers plug directly into a cloud provider of your choosing. You can pull the same file from Google Drive or iCloud or OneDrive or even Boxcryptor in just about any PDF viewer you want.

>send it to an SMB share

There's a good app called FileExplorer that's great at that. I use it all the time to interface with Windows shares via my iPad.

>no torrent applications, even Transmission Remote is forbidden

I worked around that problem over a year ago, and I was pretty late to the iOS party. I have my Transmission box serving its web interface, and I access via Safari. I also have a VPN server set up on my router, so I can tunnel home to add, remove or otherwise screw with torrents from anywhere I please. It's never been a problem, and I torrent like a crazy man.

I also have Microsoft Remote Desktop on the Windows server that holds my hoard. RDP is fucking *magic*. I can remote in from anywhere, organize files, have a peek at the local version of the torrent client, run the odd Windows-only app in a pinch (I did this a few times with an IDE in a programming class to prove a point, reactions were hilarious). I can even pull files from my home SMB shares in this way, or have them uploaded to cloud storage for later retrieval.

All in all, it's an impressively comprehensive solution that I'm quite proud of. I believe it can be achieved -- and achieved in style -- for well under $300 sans HDDs.
>>
>>60403090
I hope your not responsible for anything important cos you sound like a fucking idiot. Your argument boils down to nothing more then can't do it, don't need it. Well maybe your happy being fucked but the rest of us have sense.
The fact is your so locked into your mindset you literally can't imagine what the benefits are. Like the torrent thing, obviously it's beyond your tiny mind to imagine being able to torrent while on the go cos you keep claiming that you could get the same with a pi or cheap pc.

Here's a situation, I want to watch a program on Monday morning, it's half downloaded over wi-fi but I have to go to work so I torrent most of it at home and finish it off on the train so I can watch it on my journey.

I'm at a friend's house and I want to watch a movie I don't have when I get home so I quickly torrent it over his WiFi so it's ready to throw up on my telly as soon as I get home.

I'm staying in a hotel and there's nothing on TV so I torrent a show onto my phone to watch.

The fact is you've not got the imagination to see the benefits, but that's your shortcoming not ours, so shut up.
>>
>>60403390

Your argument in a nutshell:

>I want my free media now!
>I want my free media NOW!!
>I want my free media *NOW*!!!

I hope *you're* not responsible for anything important, because you sound like a manchild with impulse control problems. Grow up and get some perspective. Read a god damn book. Adapt.
>>
>>60402735
>>60402736
and there you've found the one legitimately bad flaw
>>
>>60395775
nice blog
>>
>>60403345
I'm sorry but are you defending iPhone here cos it sounds like your solution to it's problems is to remote desktop into a Windows machine. That sounds like a really really dumb solution. It sounds like maybe you should buy a Windows phone if you love windows so much.
>>
>>60403416
Your argument in a nutshell.
>Other people use their computers more then me and that shouldn't be allowed because I like feeling like the smart guy. Apple told me I was special.
>>
>>60395585
Takes the word general from the general computing device it is installed on.
>>
>>60403416
So you enjoy not being able to access things you want to access, is that actually your argument?
>>
>>60403438

Windows is useful as a fallback for certain logistically complex tasks like managing large amounts of data or always-on tasks that require stable, high-volume internet connections and/or power supplies.

For tasks like that -- torrenting being a great example -- having Windows at your fingertips in case of emergency from anywhere in the world, despite only having an iPad or iPhone on your person, is really empowering.

>>60403460

Even when I had Android flagships (which does account for the majority of my history with smartphones), I did not torrent on my phone. I even had unlimited data. I tried it once or twice, I noticed that the bandwidth was subpar and it tanked my battery runtime, and I decided that it wasn't really a worthwhile thing to be able to do ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE, and I worked out a web interface solution instead, so I could keep the torrents where they belonged: on my home Internet connection.

>>60403480

No, my argument is that there's more important shit in life than TV. Find it. Do that instead. You'll be better off for it anyway. And half of his problems could be solved by a web interface+VPN+Plex combo anyway.
>>
>>60403506
Oh I'm sure your in a position to be lecturing me on what I should be doing with my life. Cos watching walking dead on my commute into work is so terrible right. Do you even have a job you worthless neet fuck?
>>
>>60403506
Your web interface system sound backwards retarded, just like you. Again you couldn't use it so you don't think others should use it. Your a total fucking nutjob.
>>
>>60403506
>>>60403438 (You)
>Windows is useful as a fallback for certain logistically complex tasks like managing large amounts of data or always-on tasks that require stable, high-volume internet connections and/or power supplies.

Holy fuck this is too good. Your defense of iOS includes needing to use a windows server to work around all the things you can't do on iOS. That's the funniest thing I've ever read on /g/. I honestly can't believe what a dumb fuck you are.
>>
>>60400575
>128GB $39.99
>256GB $229.99
Well that escalated quickly

>>60400823
I thought she was gonna fall off the bed

>>60402683
Lol irony

>>60402985
It's slow because of a new product by Apple
>>
>>60395585
Toy apps
>>
There is no flaw to it is wise, hardware yes.
The lack of a back button, it's just simply annoying not having it.
>>
>>60403506
>downloading a file is a "logistically complex task"

this is your brain on apple products, kids.
>>
>>60403506
Holy fuck how are people this retarded
>>
From working in a phone shop, the biggest problem is the users. We are not allowed to send the phone for any kind repairs unless find my iPhone is disabled. Most of the time it's elderly and kids that own the phone so when I ask if FMI is disabled or do they know their apple id they have no idea what I am taking about. Also tell me this is there a Hussle free way of moving your all the song you bought on iTunes to Android device ?
>>
>>60403919
Why? If the app obeys the design language you can just swipe back, if you need to go back to an app you just came from it shows up in the top left corner.
>>
>>60403345
> Most PDF viewers plug directly into a cloud provider of your choosing
I don't need a so-called 'cloud' or another computer. I shouldn't need it to open a file on my device. And you suggest I must share my data with a third-party to access it from multiple programs.
> There's a good app called FileExplorer that's great at that
I use it to open files from samba shares, but it can't download or upload files which 'belong' to another application. So I can't download avi to AVPlayer or upload mail attachments to a samba share.
> I have my Transmission box serving its web interface, and I access via Safari.
Transmission web interface is what you can call a 'crutch'. It's inefficient compared to client-side software, sure, it works, but it consumes way more resources and is slower that any remote application, just because there's less data to transfer with such apps.
> RDP is fucking *magic*
I didn't expect any less from the Apple user.
> I can remote in from anywhere
Uh-oh. Do you use VPN/firewall? If not, I hope you install your updates or at least disabled SMBv1.
> All in all, it's an impressively comprehensive solution that I'm quite proud of
It's good that you can access your PC, but Apple devices are incredibly limited in terms of file operations.
>>
>>60403506
>Windows is a useful fallback option for certain complex tasks

Windows is not that difficult to use you fucking Appletoddler. In fact everything is easier in Windows 10 and the whole system is not that hard at all. I mean come on man it's not like Microsoft is using Vista anymore.
>>
>>60395585
Can't install unsigned apps
>>
>>60403563
More like he waited 4 years saving his neetbux and bought a overpriced baby toy that looks cool but does nothing better than Windows or the other Distros.
>>
>>60395585
It's only available for iPhones as of now

pretty big flaw if you ask me
>>
>>60405308
You can. There's even Cydia Impactor which simplifies the task.
>>
>>60405454
Yeah, but you have to resign every 7 days.
>>
>>60396771
You can install an .apk to get it very easily
>>
I have a problem with how it works with file syncing and such.

So I understand that many people don't use a phone for many things. Hell, I don't. I'd be alright with how iPhone works because I don't do dick with my phone.

The problem is the pricing. Why the fuck would I pay so much for a phone that doesn't have such bells and whistles? What's the point? If I'm paying mad dollar I want mad features
>>
I actually have kept a list going because it's never good to come across as "hurrr durrr iphones suck"

If they changed these things I would consider moving over

>the notifications for an app don't group (7 text messages from one person = 7 notifications.... like wtf)
>choosing app defaults, and along that line, availability of 3rd party apps
>app launcher. What retard puts ALL of their apps on their home screen
>widgets, for me personally I like having my clock/alarm widget and some remotes
>to reject a call there's no onscreen option, you have to pick up the phone and hit the lock button. This pisses me off to no end on gf's phone
>install apps from unknown sources
>beaten to death here, but flash storage
>>
>>60395775
>using it's instead of its
>>
>>60395775
Is this a new copypasta or something?
>>
>>60395585
>no notifications for missed calls/emails/messages
>no proper file management
>silly app restrictions (no torrents...)
>no widgets (I use that all the time for the calendar and weather)
>>
>>60405602
I agree most of that is dumb, but the app launcher thing I never saw as an issue. In fact I fail to see the point of home screens, really. Putting all applications in there seems faster and more efficient to me since on the lockscreen I can already check notifications, hour or whatever, and if I unlock it I -want- to use an application anyways, not look at a picture.
>>
>>60402133
>For what non-rice purpose did you jailbreak? I'll grant you two: 4chan apps and emulators. Can you come up with others?

OpenSSH, MTerminal, Filza file manager, any of the ++ tweaks, Activator, f.lux, UDID Calc, Record 'n' Torch, RecordPause, CameraTweak 4, Cone Gestures for YouTube, iJackOff, Immortal, BatteryLife, App Admin, SendDelay, AppSync Unified, TypeStatus 2, 3G Unrestrictor 5, BrowserBreadcrumbCleanup, CrashReporter, BetterTextSelection, iCleaner Pro, AdBlocker 2, AdBlockerNetworks, Minimal Hosts Blocker, AirShou, Entirely Slide, Launchpad, SmallVolumeStep, Aria 2, Dim, AutoPass, CocoaTop, iWebBoost, PersonalAssistant, SendPercentage, DoubleCut, No Voice Control, SpotlightBeGone, Aporeo, WiFi Booster, InstaLauncher, BetterShutdown, DetailedBatteryUsage, DeleteForever, LocationFaker9, LocalIAPStore, mikoto, NoDictation, GifViewer, NoSlowAnimations, VirtualHome 8 n 9, and Flex 3.
>>
>>60405927
I use too many widgets on my home screens that it warrants needing to be able to throw extra apps off the home screens and keep them in the launcher. I also don't have a lock screen
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.