[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought one of these. Now what? I wear it and check the time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I bought one of these. Now what? I wear it and check the time from time to time?

What are some cool apps for this piece of shit?

It looks super cool but I had it for a few hours and I'm already bored.
>>
https://asteroidos.org/
>>
>>60395532
Good goy
>>
>>60395532
You made a mistake if you bought a Pebble. They're as dead as a company could get.

Buy an Apple watch instead.
>>
File: IMG-20170514-WA0025.jpg (1MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170514-WA0025.jpg
1MB, 2340x4160px
Don't be gay find that out yourself, change music on your stereo, keep phone on silent, voice response. If you don't know how to use it you shouldn't have bought it.
>>
>>60395532
>It looks super cool but I had it for a few hours and I'm already bored.
Technology
>>
>>60395595
>Buy an Apple watch instead.

Where's the app to go back in time, smartass?
>>
>>60395655
14 day return period. If you bought it off ebay you fucked up.
>>
>>60395691
Sorry Bob I'm not from the states. No return.
Thanks for your input Bob.

Regards,
Roderick
>>
>>60395532
I also have a Pebble, got it cheap after they went under. I use it for seeing/clearing notifications and meeting reminders since I can't always look at my phone at work. Its nice for controlling music, checking weather, and I can control wifi using dashboard but this only works on Android phones. Frankly, if you don't have a need for quickly culling notifications, smartwatches probably aren't for you.
>>
A Pebble isn't a toy unlike some other smart watches, it's not designed to entertain you. You wear and use it as an ordinary watch and the secondary functions will become apparent. If you get a notification it will show up on the watch and give you options as to what to do next, if you start playing music playback controls will show up, if you get a phone call it will show you who's calling. Other useful functions are on the watch by default, alarms and various types of timers, step counter and sleep timer if that sort of thing interests you.

Other than that the only apps that I've personally found useful are compass, speedometer (uses the phone's GPS), and wristronome. There are also things like camera remotes, phone locators and out of range notifiers, and I think dedicated apps for certain phone apps like Twitter.
>>
>>60395532
>It looks super cool but I had it for a few hours and I'm already bored.

Oh wow, another mindless consumer!
>>
>>60395532
You're a fucking idiot. Company's dead and app store's dead too. It's fucking useless.
>>
I have 14 Pebbles (1 broken, rest work).

They're neat and are actual smartwaches - they don't replace your phone, they help you check it less often and you only have to charge it once a week.

Someone's working on a replacement open source OS.
>>
>>60398351
Why so many?
>>
>>60398399
There's 6 different Pebbles. I have spares and one unreleased one (a special edition of the Round).

I have a bunch of spares because I've been using Pebbles since 2012 and have no plans to replace it since it's worked better than any other smartwatch I've tried.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.