[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Native Adobe Apps For Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: creative_cloud_circles_set.png (631KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
creative_cloud_circles_set.png
631KB, 800x600px
Will native Adobe apps ever come to Linux or will I have to use macOS?

Ever since the ransomware happening and finding out that ransomware can actually compromise your actual Linux system through WINE, I am feeling much less comfortable about things.
>>
>>60393897
I wouldn't even consider them native on macos
>>
>>60393897
Hackintosh.
Linux will never get CC apps.
>>
>>60393897
They'll probably come to browser one day.
>>
macOS doesn't have that problem
>>
File: 1481221909495.png (156KB, 1213x636px)
1481221909495.png
156KB, 1213x636px
>>60393897
>macOS
lmao
>>
>>60393897
>Will native Adobe apps ever come to Linux or will I have to use macOS?
Adobe's crapware might make it to Linux when they go full website cloud-based, which might just be something this shitty company might come up with.

I do have a beef with the marketing and software "quality" of most Adobeshit, I strongly suggest to avoid it where ever possible. Which is probably ~all software except for photoshop with certain plugins maybe.
>>
File: finder-icon.png (16KB, 220x220px)
finder-icon.png
16KB, 220x220px
>>60394054
:^)
>>
>>60393897
>finding out that ransomware can actually compromise your actual Linux system through WINE,
how ? are you running your shit as root ? or are you one of those retards that set up sudo to run all commands ?
>>
Adobe shit is the #1 reason why Linux will never get over 20% share
>>
>>60394467
because 80% of the people who use computers use adobe shit ?
>>
>>60394050
>>60394110
Through WebAssembly? There are many advanced processing tasks in Adobe CC apps that I'm not sure can be done using typical web frontend technology.
>>
>>60394446
if your home folder is accessible to wine (which it generally would be so you can edit files with windows software) then the virus can encrypt your data
>>
>>60395006
how is this a problem though

are you telling me you actually having important things in your home folder not backed up? jeez anon you really are one of the sad ones
>>
>>60395006
so it can' compromise your home folder if you are really fucking retarded.
am i the only one who runs wine as a different user ?
>>
>>60394467
Why would I want Linux to have over 5% share?
>>
>>60395120
No, there are probably others at least as autistic as you. Your plan's fine as long as you immediately move your work out of the WINE-accessible folder as soon as you're done manipulating it.
>>
>>60394467
You're retarded if you think more than 5% people use or need adobe shit.
>>
>>60393897
>ransomware can actually compromise your actual Linux system through WINE

Has this ever been seen in the wild? I would be quite impressed if someone could trick me in to running a Windows executable in WINE that could then encrypt the data that I would consider paying to unencrypt. Particularly since file permissions and selinux stand in the way.

You don't accidentally run something in wine by going to shady sites in my experience but if the idea bothers you run a VM.
>>
>>60393897
Why do you need adobe when you have Okular?
It has all of Linux autism combined in one developer and his shills.
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/okular-devel/2014-February/017298.html
>>
>>60395410
Adobe Reader is not the only software Adobe makes.
>>
>>60393897
Webassembly can solve it.
>>
>>60395423
They should
>>
File: Brock_Pikachu_PM.png (198KB, 806x801px) Image search: [Google]
Brock_Pikachu_PM.png
198KB, 806x801px
>>60395423
I just posted this because Okular's developers autism rustled my jimmies.
I got mad when i read it.
>>
>>60393897
It's fine like this, liberal arts faggot can stay on OSX or Windows if they are poor.
>>
>>60393897
macos
>>
>>60395235
Literally everyone in the creative market uses Adobe shit, there's no alternative. This includes everything from photography to publications and printing.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.