[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he uses an IDE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1472555935200.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
1472555935200.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>he uses an IDE
>>
To be honest I don't understand why you wouldn't. To look more haxxor?
>>
>He still doesn't have a job
Spotted the NEET
>>
>>60391208
An IDE was my first introduction to programming and it definitely made things easier but it kept me from learning anything about what I was doing. At some point I wanted to get better at programming and I switched to basic editors like notepad and eventually made my way to vim/emacs and now have no desire of going back to using an IDE. Just seems like it would get in my way more than it would help now.
>>
>>60391330
How did they keep you from learning things? Why would they get in the way? I find it nice with auto completion and such.
>>
>>60391208

Not him but, over the years I've found those who use IDEs have a far harder time internally visualising what's going on in the code
>>
>>60391177
muh autocomplete
>>
>>60391177

I do use an IDE to connect an old hard drive from time to time.
>>
>>60391208
If you're just learning it's better to use a generic text editor.

Otherwise you turn into one of those Pajeets who just essentially paints by numbers via auto complete with no real thought or process to what you're doing.
>>
>>60391177
refactoring, auto completion, context awareness, and navigation is more than nice features, it makes programming a lot easier.
The only scenario where an IDE is worse than a editor is when the editor is better than the editor in the IDE.
But a good editor can always be turned into an IDE.
>>
File: 10555485.jpg (73KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
10555485.jpg
73KB, 500x333px
>>60391177
Lol, OP has never been in the industry.
>>
>>60394084
but how do you compile and link a program then?
>>
>>60391177
try developing firmware for a SoC without the SoC's manufacturer IDE and see where that gets you.
>>
>>60394084
autocomplete makes you type faster.
It has nothing to do with understanding what is going on.
The only argument for not using an IDE when you are learning is when you make your first makefile, you should write it manually so you know how to compile stuff.
When you know how to do that, you should move to cmake or whatever people in your specific field uses, as soon as possible because you should learn things that are relevant.

Whenever I see students go the "no IDE" route, they spend a ton of time on the wrong things and often do badly compared to students who just use an IDE.

Once you know how everything works, it makes sense to expand and seek new and better ways to work.

But if you are completely new to programming, say you are taking a python course in school and you come here.
People immediately tell him to write in C, ditch the IDE and use vim and he has to be a fucking idiot if he does any of that.
Not because vim is a bad editor or C is a bad language, but because doing those changes on while you are learning is completely missing the point.
>>
File: 1479978995442.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1479978995442.png
208KB, 807x935px
>>60391466
hes retarded, he thinks writing out methods himself instead of autocompleting makes him a better programmer.
>>
"IDE" fuck their boipussy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.