[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why won't it die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

Why won't it die?
>>
>>60376785
Normies.
>>
>>60376827
This
>>
>>60376827
fpbp
>>
Normies. Discord is the obvious replacement, but it puts out a gaymer vibe which I think puts people off.
>>
>>60376896
Probably. I convinced many people to use Discord, it should aim for non-gamers too. We tried several other services before, like ooVoo and Tox, but 'normal' people won't always understand how to use it.
>>
>>60376896
Discord activly monitors your server and has censorship rules on it.Most recently banning "harrasement campaigns" and "tasteless art" aka lolicon.

its a literal botnet

Use Ring
>>
>>60376896
>video
>>
Is there anything else that lets me have a phone number in the USA (i live in europe) and lets me have conference calls with people on cellphones and skype in the USA, Europe, the middle east, and asia?

I'm asking seriously. I want to get away from skype because I know all of our conversations are sitting on NSA servers, but no one has the features I need, running a modern distributed development software development firm. I have programmers in the USA, Europe, India, and Australia. Used to in Israel too but not now.

I hate having to use Skype. But I need something that is seemless between cellphones and online users.
>>
>>60376896
Isn't that just some lame online chat board? Does it let you call phones?
>>
>>60377384
Even normies used to be able to handle shit, smartphones were a mistake. I long for the days when even Staceys used BitTorrent.
>>
>>60377552

*Discord*? Fuck that. You get both Feds and Biz monitoring you.

Telegram is better. At least there it's only Feds.

Ideally there'd be neither. But we're not there yet.
>>
>>60377384
There is Wire, its easy to use even for normies.
>>60376896
Moving to Discord is a stupid idea, because it will become shit like Skype did, while Wire can be forked, because it is open source

>inb4 freetard
Man you have to accept even TS went to shit after a while and nothing can be done about it.
>>
Because there really isn't a decent alternative available aimed at regular people instead of gaymers and besides the botnet issues which exist everywhere these days, Skype has everything you need.
>>
>>60378474
There is some Google service so you can join the Alphabet botnet instead of the MS one. But that's about it, when it comes to real phone number crap.
>>60380276
>>60378194
Wire
>>60378493
No it is only useful online
>>
>>60380336
If steam add teamspeak like update to chat/friends section mr.skype will BLEED
>>
>>60380403
No steam is also a gaymer platform and it doesn't allow calls to phones.
Most likely you'd see a downsize in the amount of discord users but Skype would remain the same.
>>
>>60380325
>Telegram is better
you gotta be fucking kidding me anon. This better be bait.
>>
>>60380456
I never said anything about Telegram, that is fine too I just never liked the desktop apps, and I rarely chat from a phone. However Wire has a phone app too.
>>
>>60376785
Riot is still in beta
>>
I use it to make calls to landlines or cellphones in other countries, which is rare but it happens. It's cheap for that without having to go get an international calling card.
It's still the standard for conference calls too.
I wish it died, but there's no actual replacement yet.
>>
foss p2p e2ee with voice and video?
>>
>>60380815
>foss p2p e2ee with voice and video?
Tox, but it has shitty mobile support so I'd still advise using wire which has a central server, but that is open source too so you can self host.
>>
Lainchan uses mumble.
>>
>>60376785
Allo and Duo for the desktop will replace it. Currently using Hangouts until then. Nobody I know uses Skype. Everyone uses Hangouts.
>>
>>60382087
From one botnet to another, that isn't progress.
>>
It's comfy
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.