[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be a good gnu/linux distro? Almost everyone I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: killed-tux.jpg (30KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
killed-tux.jpg
30KB, 700x394px
Will there ever be a good gnu/linux distro? Almost everyone I tried is shit in some way. Why are /g/entoomen pushing this shitty meme os
Ubuntu
>taskbar on the side
>unity looks like shit
Elementary OS
>can't put icons on the desktop without jumping through hoops becus muh aesthetic :^)
>right click is disabled by default :^) :^) :^) :^)
Linux Mint
>just looks like complete and utter shit
>literally trash tier
>did i mention it looks like garbage
Solus
>taskbar on the top :^)
>the start menu gets fucky looking if you put it on the bottom
>weird font
Arch
>breaks if you fucking look at it the wrong way
>Im not autistic enough to put up with it

Windows
>just werks

>inb4 you can customize all of linux you shitlord
I ain't got time for that shit. I'm a busy man
>>
File: 2630089_p0.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2630089_p0.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
Try Xubuntu, move the goddamn taskbar whereever you want it.
>>
File: couldntcompleteupdates.jpg (55KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
couldntcompleteupdates.jpg
55KB, 600x316px
>>60374250
>taskbar on the side
>unity looks like shit

Here we go, it's another episode of "winfag doesn't know the difference between Distro and DE"

You can get any DE available for GNU/Linux on Ubuntu, either by instaling it yourself, or by installing a version of Ubuntu that comes preinstalled with it.

>Arch
>breaks if you fucking look at it the wrong way
opinion discarded. You obviously never even used it.

>Windows
>just werks
LOL

You are speaking from a place of ignorance. You are talking about things that you don't even understand. All you know is Windows, as is the case with most tech-illiterates that blindly fanboy something.
>>
You are referring to desktop environments while talking about distros.. so... Your thread isn't even valid.

That being said, there are so many different desktop environments out there, if you don't like any then maybe you should make your own spectrum friendly DE.
>>
Kubuntu would literally solve all your problems
Gentoo will literally solve any problem
>>
>>60374644
Kde is so nice when you're free from windows
>>
>>60374250
Void+i3. If it's too hard to use you're a brainlet

>unity looks like shit
what is gtk theme?

>taskbar on the side
Unity is encredibly efficient in terms of workflow and ergononics as far as mainstream desktop environments go, whether you personally like it or not.
>>
File: 1493950021942.jpg (41KB, 392x604px) Image search: [Google]
1493950021942.jpg
41KB, 392x604px
>mfw DESIGNATED shills are in full damage control because yet another ransomware targeting winshit.
>>
File: 511.png (385KB, 485x723px) Image search: [Google]
511.png
385KB, 485x723px
>>60374742
reminder that OP is LITERALLY pic related
>>
File: 1480969578927.jpg (37KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1480969578927.jpg
37KB, 600x338px
SIRRR, DELET THIS PLEASE, SIR.
>>
Not shilling but arch linux after install is pretty easy to take care of and with i3 it is amazing for programming.
>>
>>60374250
Install macOS
>>
>>60374250
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>60375018
>being autistic
>>
File: void windows.png (76KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
void windows.png
76KB, 1366x768px
Shill or retard
>>
>>60374250
>Arch
>>breaks if you fucking look at it the wrong way
>>Im not autistic enough to put up with it
I never got this. I went from windows straight to Arch(Antergos) and I haven't had a single problem in 2 years. Frankly I think this meme is bullshit. Or people with poor reading comprehension or otherwise dumb people are using it.
>>
>>60374250
>2017
>not running void linux
literally kys yourself
>>
>>60374250
>I ain't got time for that shit. I'm a busy man
I see.

As for myself, I'm following the carnage of the ransomware attack with the ghoolish fascination of a traffic accident onlooker. Also pondering attack vectors and seeing if they could have any impact on my rather enjoyable linux box where I run windows in a fucking sandbox when needed.
>>
>>60374250
>Peak baby duck syndrome
Fuck off and kill yourself autist
>>
>>60375096
I think it's a historical artifact of time past. 8 or do years ago there were threads on /g/ every day about xorg breaking out pacman completely fucking up the dependencies if packages, but nowadays shit seems to be more in order. The meme persisteth
>>
>>60375141
>kill yourself yourself
???
>>
>>60375220
back to plebbit
>>
>>60374829
No, no, no , no, FUCK YOU!
>>
File: deepin.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
deepin.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>60374250
I have a solution for you, you fucking homosexual
this is deepin, either install it or suck my dick faggot
>>
>>60375190
Yet, for some unknown reason, people on this board shill Windows, while in the same breath, are asking how to update their systems to avoid ransomware. It's a fucked up world we live in.
>>
>>60374250
>Will there ever be a good gnu/linux distro?
I assume you mean DE as the things you mentioned were DE related (except for the arch meme).
>Almost everyone I tried is shit in some way
They are supposed to be this way.
In the case of unity, they forced a layout which made them different, so you could instantly recognize that the person was using unity.
But a lot of them have a default setup which is so annoying you want to change it to your liking but not so shit that you can't use it while you make the changes.

Eg, the default wallpaper should be something simple and boring, maybe with logos relevant to the DE or distro.
When a pedo like you comes along, you might want to put anime pictures all over the desktop
It should be easy for you to do this, but it shouldn't be the default.

Since your main gripe so far has been the placement of the panel, why not pick a DE where you can select this?
kde, mate, and xfce are all decent choices, but if you need to have everything setup for you, kde neon is a decent kde distro.
The panel is at the bottom by default and the you can modify just about anything.
Personally, I find it to be the only DE that is usable if you prefer to use a keyboard over a mouse.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.