[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winshit is a national security threat. Who will be the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Winshit is a national security threat.

Who will be the first government to outlaw Winshit?
>>
>>60369757
The update plugged the exploit in march.
>>
>>60369769
It was probably in the wild for months before it trickled down to script kiddie level and got exposed/patched.

Shit like this isn't supposed to exist.

Where are all the ransomware for macos systems?

Oh right, there's no such thing.
>>
>>60369757
>Disabling updates is a national security threat.
>Who will be the first government to outlaw disabling updates?

>Running old OS is a national security threat.
>Who will be the first government to outlaw running old OS?
>>
>>60369865
nice damage control faggot.
>>
>>60369845
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeRanger
>>
>>60369883
>OP being a faggot is a national security threat.
>Who will be the first government to outlaw OP being a faggot?
>>
>>60369845
The lack of ransomware for OS X is not indicative of an inability for there to be ransomware for OS X.

The reason it is so minor is because it's such a small market. Why bother searching for exploits in OS X when you can net a huge target like we're seeing on Windows?

If you want to go the OS X route, at least go the Linux route, means you can freely audit the code.
>>
britcucks are in full damage control
>>
>>60370024
ransomware isn't the problem, it's the worm and it's ability to spread the ransomware

winshit has always had devestating security holes, you're probably too young to remember sub7/backorifice where almost everyone in the world was infected

i remember i could just scan a block of random ips and get hundreds of machines i could connect to and do anything i wanted, including reformatting the hard drive or downloading any filr in the users drives
>>
>>60369865
>>Disabling updates is a national security threat.
Nobody would disable them if windows update worked to begin with. M$ probably inserted infinite loops in its code and broke updates on old systems on purpose to force everyone onto W10.

>>Running old OS
You mean XP? Some software can't run on newer systems, specially in the public sector. Should we citizens buy thousands of new licenses each time M$ launches a new OS? Again its M$ fault for not making the newer OSes compatible with older apps.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.