[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stream service with password protected area?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2KB, 225x225px
I want to stream with OBS to a service that let's me password protect my videos (by default) AND archive them for a while.

Twitch was like this.
I could put a channel password and it archived my videos. But that's gone.

> Why
I have a few cameras at home. But they all record the video through my machine. If there is a thief, the laptop will disappear with all the videos - making this crap entirely useless.

> Why not use Dropbox/whatever
Unless the file is written out just in time, it's useless. Dropbox starts to upload once you have the file ready for example. OBS does not even allow for this sort of "splitting"/"splicing".

> Why not save to network location
I don't think OBS would behave properly if I saved stuff on a network drive attached (remote location). What if my upload speed goes down? What if the file just gets corrupted?

tl;dr: Stream would have the latest moments - the most crucial ones.
>>
You can segment live inputs using ffmpeg. So any file hosting service is usuable.
>>
>>60366444
> repeating digits
Yeah but how small would I have to split it to have the time to upload before the thief yanks the laptop out of power/shuts it off?
That time window is tiny...
>>
Web dev here, I can make one for you for 100$ in bitcoin
>>
>>60366523
Can be as little as 1 second really. Probably even less.
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#Options-11
Option "segment_time"
>>
Can you just buy a raspi or something, that you can hide in the house and save the videos on that
>>
>>60366444
> try this
> use vfwcap
> it's deprecated
> use dshow
> have to use 1:1 name of webcam
> it's microsoft(tm)
> cannot write tm symbol in cmd/bat

quality.
how comes vfwcap simply needed a number for the device and the new dshow just sucks more?

>>60367075
well what if they have time to look around.
it's not that simple sadly.
a stream would simply end abruptly if they steal the machine/camera, whatever.
>>
>>60365199
stream it publicly
>>
>>60367354
>> have to use 1:1 name of webcam

The command get available devices is right there in the dshow guide
>ffmpeg -list_devices true -f dshow -i dummy

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/DirectShow
>>
>>60365199
You can set up a streaming server pretty easily with nginx. Put it on a cheap vps or rasberry and you're good
>>
>>60367490
The problem with that the stream would just go dead, and it would not archive it. Twitch basically kept your video files for 7 or 30 days, and it also just "finished" the video file when you stopped streaming.

Exactly what I would need.

>>60367471
Tried the alternative name, but gave me an error. Modified the "Friendly Name" in regedit, nothing changed in the list command.
>>
>>60368487
> check Twitch
> pw protection is gone

> check Ustream
> password protected stream
> rejoice!
> lowest plan is 100$ / month

> Livecoding
> has password protection
> yiss
> sign up for Pro trial account
> learn the site is a big fucking pain in the ass to use, navigate and set up
> delete user

FUCK
>>
>>60368701
You probably MAYBE could try Picarto
I know they have pw protected streams
but idk how you can classify the stream
>>
>>60369067
Thanks, looks nice/promising.
Sad that there is no trial though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.