[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hear me out...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Jimmy Neutron.png (886KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy Neutron.png
886KB, 900x900px
What if Microsoft did this ransomware shit themselves?
They've been super pissed about the low adoption rate of Windows 10 and pretty butthurt perhaps that tens of millions of company computers around the world are using shit like XP, they're losing money in these areas. They know that people aren't obviously going to switch to Macs, because for many reasons that can't work out, and Linux, yeah no. So maybe they did this to force everyone to be on the latest OS. It seems insane and crazy, but I don't totally rule it out.
>>
Listen here paint brush,
Install Gentoo
>>
>>60362557
You say that as if anything can make large organizations with ossified bureaucracies deploy IT in a timely fashion. The NHS was already running XP without a support contract, and had been for over a year. This won't concentrate minds and get them to be serious about patching things in a timely fashion. They'll fire a few scapegoats, probably in upper management, and things will continue on as before.
>>
File: 466296737_preview_wilson_beards.png (143KB, 900x462px) Image search: [Google]
466296737_preview_wilson_beards.png
143KB, 900x462px
>>60362557
>>
>>60362557
Dunno why they would release a patch for Windows 7 if that were true. Only people still on XP can't patch it.
>>
>>60362557
whats poppin jimbo
>>
>>60362855
They released a patch for it back in March. The KB4012212 update had this exploit plugged already.

>>60362557
OP, I would honestly be surprised if this actually wasn't the case. MS have been seriously cranking up the shady business practices up to 11 their "Rollup" update method. The April one dropped a doozy.

http://winaero.com/blog/new-cpu-lock-windows-restrictive/

Yep, thats right. If you install that update and you have a Kabylake or Ryzen CPU, it completely locks you out of ever receiving any more future updates. This is purely a business change. There is absolutely zero technical reasons for this to happen.
>>
>>60362557
is that satan?

>>60362855
alibi
>>
>>60362855
windows update is entirely blocked if you have ryzen or 7th gen intel
>>
>>60362557
If you say so, wayne static
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.