[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CHROMIUM IT'S LIKE CHROME BUT IT'S A VIRUS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (33KB, 817x533px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
33KB, 817x533px
What the fuck and why is this on my computer it's hard as fuck to remove and no program I know can remove it. It masks it's file location and everything.

It just pops up over anything I'm doing and constantly flashes (getting this screenshot took 10 minutes of constant trying) until I close the program through the task bar.
>>
>>60361342
Happened to me on Windows 10. Well this pop up didn't happen, but I randomly had chromium on my desktop one day.
>>
click ok
>>
The Windows world is really falling apart at the seams, eh? They even have viruses masquerading as Chromium now.
>>
>>60361342
windows is the virus
>>
>>60361383
no
>>60361390
I know it's trojan malware for a fact. I just can't get rid of it though.
>>60361410
yeah pretty much
>>
>>60361342
It's on your computer because you installed it you retard. Also chromium isn't a virus. It's an open source browser. The adware you have bundled a modified version of chromium in with itself so it could attempt to scare you into using chromium and then inject ads in your browsing / phone home with your credentials.

Quit being a fucking retard. Fix your shit. If you can post here you can easily google and find the solution.
>>
>>60361438
>>60361438
>It's on your computer because you installed it
I never did though. I'm very wary of these sorts of things.

>Quit being a fucking retard. Fix your shit.
I've looked online everywhere and there's no info on how to remove this.
>>
>>60361342
lol nice

although most installers give you the option to exclude the bloatware
>>
>>60362224
The "click here to cancel the scheduled update" doesn't even work, either.
>>
>>60361342
no. i saw chromium day in and out at bull shit repair big name brand. many fuckwads will use modified chromium that is just spamming adware in and out. 99% of the time the chromium was located in their roaming appdata to get around admin rights and uninstalling from appwiz.

not saying this is exactly your case but plz check there and also chromium is not a virus retard, just something a pajeet can compile with his adware extensions
>>
>>60362305
>chromium is not a virus
I know what chromium is. It's just me screeching about this thing trying to force adware on my PC.

But thanks, I'll check there. Is there a specific file name it puts itself in?
>>
>>60362360
idk it's usually some random shit you got to dig through. worst case go to malwarebytes site and download adwcleaner and 99% chance that and malwarebytes will assblast that thing for you
>>
>>60362423
Tried both of those, actually. Neither found anything, thing still pops up. Hence the frustrated post.
>>
>>60361342
https://www.reddit.com/r/TronScript/comments/68aj4h/tron_v1005_20170429_add_debloat_progress_log/

if u can't figure it out just run this and opt out what u dont care for
>>
File: 1492068797593.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492068797593.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>60362523
I believe I found it actually. WB.CFG file. I searched it and supposedly it's an update spoofer for malware. If this thread never comes back up, then that was that.

Thanks this guy: >>60362305
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.