[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

W10 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1092.jpg (12KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1092.jpg
12KB, 288x216px
What does Microsoft need to do to fix Windows 10?
>>
>>60360715
Move it to the recycling bin
>>
>>60360715
They need to delete it and make a distribution of Linux that is compatible with Windows programs natively and has no limits on the permission of a user to gut and change it. They can make their own desktop environment which is suited for normies and replicates Windows 7's Aero Interface, with some visual touch up and simplification.
>>
>>60360715
Less telemetry, with one big "Fuck this." switch.

No, seriously, that's all that they need to do.
>>
>>60360715
Open source it.
>>
>>60360826
It would take too long for the community to fix it. It just needs to be delet.
>>
>>60360760
And the ability to choose what you want to update, and able to disable it completely when not needed.
>>
>>60360715
>Completely redesign the system and how it works from the ground up.
>Get rid of retarded way of updating
>Make it so you don't have to restart all the time
>Make it so you can use your computer while it updates
>get rid of annoying popups
>get rid of anything even remotely botnet
>Make it secure
>Make it usable

So basically, they'd have to make it not Windows.

Bonus:
>make a proper package manager
>make an official Microsoft repository for Microsoft-trusted packages, and put useful tools in it like a C compiler, or python2 and 3, or Ruby, etc.
>>
>>60360960
lol you should like your 17 years old
>>
File: 1418001883434.jpg (36KB, 604x397px) Image search: [Google]
1418001883434.jpg
36KB, 604x397px
>>60360715
>Give users their control back
>Standard release/update model for those that want it
>Standardized APIs, .NET is nice and all, UWP is slick, but stop shitting on your C++ users
>One single control panel (why are there still two?)
>Return to a proper desktop design language for desktops, give tablets their wonky tabmodes

LTSB is an ugly kludge for gubmint. Wonder how long they can keep the support charade up.
>>
Get rid of Windows Store and everything it entails.
>>
File: 1349559954747.png (781KB, 1652x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1349559954747.png
781KB, 1652x1600px
delete it and open source directX so everything important can be ported easily.
>>
>>60360967
Wow owned XD

stupid wintards can't even type coherent sentences
>lol you should like your 17 years old
What the fuck does this even mean lol. Fuck off pajeet
>>
>>60361255
>directX
>not win32

muh vijeo gaems
>>
>>60360960
>Get rid of retarded way of updating
No way in hell, the single rollup is the best shit that come out of WU since ever

The forced reboots are pretty shit though
>>
>>60360902
Just disconnect it from the Internet, then. If it can reach Microsoft's update servers, it needs updates.
Forced updates was the best decision in Windows 10 by far. Users cannot be trusted to do the right thing and keep their systems patched. Just look at this WannaCry shitstorm.
>>
They could start by making it open source.
>>
>>60360715
Stop trying to imitate Linux, especially that worthless GTK GUI.
>>
>>60360715
Sadly nothing, they are trapped into needing it to be compatible with older programs because that's always been the Windows way. Any major changes would threaten that.
>>
File: 1476443810505.png (267KB, 1024x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1476443810505.png
267KB, 1024x1044px
>>60360715
Shut down their business and refund in full
>>
>>60360715
Fire pajeets and employ Jews and the Japanese
>>
File: 1491750481383.jpg (80KB, 719x693px) Image search: [Google]
1491750481383.jpg
80KB, 719x693px
>>60360715
less factory installed spyware.
>>
>>60360715
i don't like that you can't click-and-drag programs from the start menu to the desktop and create shortcuts. you have to fucking right click and go to the goddamn program folder and create a shortcut from there.

other than that, if you're a normie and use your computer as a facebook machine and vidya, there is nothing wrong with windows 10. Anything Microsoft might do to appeal to the relatively small, autistic subset of people that is /g/ would mean alienating normies who accept how their shit currently works.

There is no point in Microsoft appealing to us via muh freedoms, package manager, etc. because we still aren't going to use windows. they would be catering to a group that is never going to use windows so there isn't a point. microsoft is what it is- there is no point in them changing their ways. we can use our shit and everyone else has a right to use their shit. as far as the general market is concerned, windows 10 doesn't need to be fixed. people accept it, even if we don't.

for reference, i have used arch, i3+dmenu for 5+ years at home but use windoze at work.
>>
>>60360715
>remove bloatware or at least give a choice on whether you want some shit or not or make it removable
>unless I am mistaken without using the tiles and just the list feature on Start you still cannot list it like the old way meaning programs you chose on top of the list, atm it is set to most used with some folders on the side, I would like more control on that without the use of tiles
>the update shit that pops up
>windows defender giving some plix look at this message for not being allowed in apps and sending out samples to windows
>the whole windows will receive userdata shit
>the whole adds shit with one drive, if I turn it off it should stay off
>>
Open-source the system would be best.

Next best options are removing telemetry and removing ads, along with all spying shit. Stop favoring Intel. Make it way cheaper to purchase.
>>
>>60361436
Thank you 1 shekel has been transferred to your account.
>>
>>60360715
Giving up.
>>
>>60361436
agreed
go look at the smartphone arena.
apple once again with their walled garden.
android option to install 3rd party apps...
people are lazy and stupid.
"how do i turn off updates" and "i haven't updated my system in a year"
>>
Remove spying, ads, and forced updates.
>>
>>60360715
Stop pushing out half baked updates every 6 months, reinstate quality control, and give users some stability.
>>
>>60360902
No. It's because of retards like you that the ransomware going around can even function.
>>
>>60360715
Take away root access from all nonserver distributions
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.