[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really makes you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 3.png (188KB, 900x490px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
188KB, 900x490px
Really makes you think
>>
think about killing yourself dumb pol meme spammer faggot
>>
>implying intel management engine doesn't know when you are encrypting things
>>
>>60355865
what
>>
Or you could just have encryption enabled by default... ransomware can't encrypt your files if they're already encrypted...
>>
>>60356191
I hope you don't actually believe this
>>
>>60356338
Not him but I'm new, could you explain this?
>>
>>60356579
Enc(Enc(Data, Key1), Key2) you have key1
>>
>>60355812
No it really doesn't make you think. If you the AES-NI accelerator is only used for local file encryption you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>60356596
So basically you only have the key for one level of encryption so it's useless because it's still scrambled?
>>
>>60356579
Encryption is literally you take a byte, say 0xa3 and perform a math operation based off a key on that byte
It ends up becoming 0x4f
The attacker encrypts it with a key you don't know
It becomes 0x77
You can't decrypt from that stage, since you don't know what the key was, regardless of knowing the key from 0xa3 to 0x4f
>>
>>60356579
The ransomware doesn't care what your data is. To it, everything is just a stream of bits. It takes those bits and changes them in a way that only it can reverse. Whatever the data was, whether or not it was already encrypted, it will be encrypted again. Depending on implementation details (of both the malware and the filesystem), you will be left either with a file you can decrypt using your key into another encrypted file that only the malware can decrypt to a usable format or with a file that only the malware can decrypt into a file that your key can decrypt into a usable file.
>>
File: 1384321958119.png (241KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
1384321958119.png
241KB, 550x700px
What MS really needs to do is simply have Windows block any file named filename.mediaextension.executableextension (ie hotnudes.jpg.exe) from ever being able to execute. That would solve a good hunk of malware issues right there.
>>
Why is it quicker and easier more secure for random small ransomware to whole drive encryption than other software
>>
>>60357203
it probably uses an efficient, yet slightly insecure algorithm
>>
>>60356656
precisely, your original data would be
Dec(Dec(Enc(Enc(Data, Key1), Key2), Key2), Key1)
>>
>>60357145
>implying retards wont click on vagina.mmp4.exe
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.