[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish I would have known then, what I do know now General >be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: robot.jpg (646KB, 2496x1728px) Image search: [Google]
robot.jpg
646KB, 2496x1728px
I wish I would have known then, what I do know now General

>be me
>build PC with a mix of purchased/gifted parts
>good mobo/CPU/GPU/HDD
>crap PSU/RAM/cooler
>works out well at stock clocks
>shits out at attempts to really overclock
>oh well, lost the silicon lottery
>then it shits the bed randomly
>lower the overclock
>normal for a few days
>shits the bed on stock clock
>oh fuck
>unplug the PC so I won't fuck up my parts
>order a new PSU, RAM, cooler
>get it all put back together with the new parts
>awesome overclock, no errors, etc
>shitty PSU was fucking up my entire system

Word from the wise for any new builder. Buy a gold+ PSU if you want to overclock your system at all.
>>
>>60355401
Rob Lowe is a Robot! I knew it!
>>
>>60355401
>Buy a gold+ PSU if you want to overclock your system at all.
No shit, sherlock.
>>
that overclocking is fun

that a video card is one of the least important parts of a computer

that learning to make things is infinitely more enjoyable than playing games
>>
>>60355632

Hey, no one told me that. They just said a PSU is a PSU.

>>60355662

overclocking is only fun for dick waving. I agree, it's more of a headache for me than anything.

For the video card, anyone can get by with integrated if they're just web browsing

Learning things...again I agree with you. I only learn things to debate with other people.
>>
>>60355798
i like the tinkering aspect, kinda why i like coding and electronics in in general. fiddle for the optimal all while learning and applying

and i say the video card because people either spend too much money and get too little (ie just gaymen and not enough or even not using CUDA or similar) or they spend too little and get something thats crippled and is basically just a vga/hdmi out, spend the 80-150 elsewhere or save it.
>>
>>60355945

For video cards I was in the market for a bit and realized I should just got 1070/1080 or it would just be a lot of regret. I mean you can spend a ton of cash but realistically it's all about your purposes.
>>
>just started learning how to program
>find it interesting as fuck and genuinely like
>27 years old

God fucking dammit, why couldn't I be 10 years younger?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.