[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about SCRUM and Agile methodologies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1492465147279.png (268KB, 740x742px) Image search: [Google]
1492465147279.png
268KB, 740x742px
What do you guys think about SCRUM and Agile methodologies?
>>
It's a meme.
>>
All the NEETS are going to say it's a meme, and anybody who actually has nice things to say about it is busy having sex, or drinking with their friends, or working.
>>
I don't know but I'm a systems engineer that mostly does programming to automate things. I just got told we're forming a dedicated devops derp team that I'll be on and we'll be going full agile like our normal dev teams. Have to spend a week doing agile training soon.
>>
There are some good ideas there, but in practice it's putting a bunch of rabid cats in a sack. 99% of the program is done and you have to squash a ton of bugs before the next sprint, or the thing won't ever start. Just like common development.

It could work if we got some people trained on its basics, but we only get "1 week courses" that barely touch upon anything of value.

Like with UML. It has a ton of stuff to make diagrams for teams, but even the guy who made it said he only ever uses it to do prototyping, not actually during development.
>>
>>60352862
So which one are you?
>>
I just started working for a fortune 50 conglomerate. My office literally has more architects than developers. We're on sprint 6 of my project and apparently we aren't allowed to start developing yet because they're still arguing about the architecture and we're still "sizing" tasks. I'm spending more time in meetings than actually writing code.

That being said I like scrum. It standardizes the development process and keeps everything smooth and productive, and it ensures high quality software.
>>
>>60353148
>it ensures high quality software.
>Implying
>>
>>60353247
You can't just hand requirements to your team and say "do this in 6 months". It's gonna be a mess, it'll miss the deadline, and it won't be what you wanted.
>>
>>60352788

It makes sure everyone's on the same page.

I hate the people who are religious zealots about it, but it's necessary and proved to be effective.

Story points are fuckin' stupid though.
>>
>>60352788
It works well for small teams but agile doesn't scale once your team gets to a certain size or needs to Cooperate with many other teams.
>>
>>60353626
>>60353464
it's stupid though because it's not like everyone can work on every task
basically we always end up with a guy who is the "X guy" and a guy who is the "Y guy" more or less
then all X tasks go to guy X and all Y tasks go to guy Y.
Then there's no need to size stuff and do as if "anyone can do anything" when it never happens.
Also it's retarded to do status sync at stand-ups between guy X and guy Y because they don't work on the same shit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.