[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i get into the mindset of a programmer? should i just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1494228364894.jpg (19KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1494228364894.jpg
19KB, 250x238px
how do i get into the mindset of a programmer?
should i just be focusing on problem solving?
>>
your first step should be to install gentoo
>>
>>60352143
Pick up a copy; video, audio or pdf of programming language of your choice.

download a compiler for that particular language

start learning.

You are just feeling lazy and procrastinating, that is all.
>>
>mindset of a programmer

Programmers are problem solvers. You take a task that you don't want to do, code up something to do it for you, and then work out the bugs until you don't have to manually perform that task anymore.
>>
learn how to solve problems with nothing but text and numbers
>>
>>60352143
see >>60352249
>>60352272
It helps to be aware anytime that source code is a tree that the computer however must execute as a sequence of instructions.
>>
>>60352143
stop asking stupid fucking questions and make a website in flask that does something simple like takes a file upload and does a conversion server side.
>>
>>60352143
To become a programmer you have to think like Pajeet, go and poo on street
>>
File: prog_socks.png (174KB, 512x285px) Image search: [Google]
prog_socks.png
174KB, 512x285px
>>60352143
You need to wear proper clothes to get in the right frame of mind.
>>
>>60356562
nice forced meme
>>
>>60352143
>Step 1
Find a problem or task that you would like to make the process of solving or doing easier.

>Step 2
Learn the basics of a programming language that best suits your needs to complete or solve said task or problem.

>Step 3
Google. Use google but do not just copy and paste and instead try to understand what is going on and mostly why. Maybe scan through the book or watch the source that you acquired in step 2.

>Step 4
Modify - at least try - the code that you have written and make it efficient, clean and logistical.

>Step 5
Create. Once you learn something use what you learned to create anything, even if it has no use or need to you.

>Step 6
You have now learned the basic and what's keeping you from moving forward is inspiration, passion and need. Here are some quotes that keep me going in terms of programming and life in general...

>"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill
Do not stop.

>"To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill
Evolution is key.

>"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein
Pretend that you are learning to teach 5 year old kids or your crush or significant other.

>“Necessity is the mother of invention.” - Plato
>“Invention is the most important product of man's creative brain. The ultimate purpose is the complete mastery of mind over the material world, the harnessing of human nature to human needs." - Nikola Tesla
From necessity comes creativity.

>"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists." - Nikola Tesla
>"Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, is when ideas are born." - Nikola Tesa
Describing us (4chan) in two quotes.

>"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." - Nikola Tesla
Create for the next generation, I am sure people will appreciate it.
>>
>>60352143
smoke weed and snort Adderall all day
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.