[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EuOS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

How much money do you suppose the EU spends on buying Windows and fixing the consequences of it? I'm guessing about 20 times as much as Microsoft spends on actually developing Windows.

Really ANYONE could make a better OS than Windows. They could start from scratch, or choose one of the open source projects and build upon them. If the Chinese are building exploits into hardware, all the better reason to support Europe's technology industry. Microsoft and (recently) Apple both see their customers as resources to be exploited. The machines don't work for us any more, they are tools for the NSA to spy on us and corporations to exploit us.
>>
>Yeah, anyone can make a better os than windows that is backward compatible with old and new windows software and drivers.

EU shuld just force schools and students to use foss software, that is all.
>>
The eu and fuck european people
>>
>>60352189

What is foss? Free of sucky sourcecode?
>>
>>60352391
Get out
>>
>>60352477
>foss

Google says Full Option Science System.
>>
>>60351807
>Really ANYONE could make a better OS than Windows.
Which explains why the current OS market is so highly competitive, with dozens of players vying for the top spot. Oh wait...
>>
File: 1480145836497.jpg (26KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1480145836497.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
>>60351807
>20 times as much as Microsoft spends on actually developing Windows.
Windows is developed? Gates and Ballmer is super rich, so there is a huge profit margin means every MS contract is about money burning.
>>
>>60352563
>Which explains why the current OS market is so highly competitive, with dozens of players vying for the top spot. Oh wait...

17% of people think that Google is their ISP. Most people couldn't tell you if their computer was running Linux or not. The free market just can't do certain things, and choosing an OS is one of them.

BTW, when AM stereo came out, what format did you choose? Do you see how that is relevant?
>>
>>60352505
lol no, it's Fermented Ovaries Supreme Syndrome
>>
>>60352384
>The eu
I absolutely agree
>>
>>60351807
>be on windows 10
>everything looks so good and sharp
>great font rendering
>file explorer is great and nowhere near shitnautilus
>every important software ever is available on windows (Adobe suite, DAWs, VS...)
>aero is literally god tier
>hover over a program icon in the taskbar to see all windows in realtime thumbnails
>navigate easily
>acceptable tiling options and multi workspaces
>great tools to manage everything, from devices to wifi
>bash on windows for NIX tasks like running gunicorn or using sed or awk or REPLs

I spend 90% of my time on Ubanto though because I'm a KarlieKoder and ZyzzAdmin and I need fast terminal and fast workspace (i3 is mandatory once you tried it t b h) and bash on windows is slow as shit

Give me a faster emulation of GNU/Linux in the terminal, the ability to stack or tab groups on windows like i3 and I'll never come back
>>
>>60353040
>windows 10
>aero

I don't think so
>>
>>60353055
well the thing that does exactly what aero did
>>
>>60351807
Probably about as much as they'd spend fixing issues on any other platform with lots of dipshit users, I don't know what you think wasting millions of dollars on a shitty OS nobody wants to use unless forced to would accomplish.
>>
>>60353067
Not that guy but aero was junked with Windows 8 and beyond. Funnily enough, this actually makes Windows 8 and 10 better for backwards compatibility as aero would fuck with some programmes, especially games. Turning aero off would fix Starcraft Brood War and Diablo 2, for example. They both just werk in Windows 10 as long as you don't have Intel graphics.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.