[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I quit using Linux 3-4 years ago when I moved to Windows and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: xD.png (265KB, 1660x1940px) Image search: [Google]
xD.png
265KB, 1660x1940px
I quit using Linux 3-4 years ago when I moved to Windows and I haven't kept up with all the distro changes. Now that W10 keeps changing all my settings every time I update I decided to get rid of this shitty OS and move to Linux. In the past couple years, has anything changed that makes one distro widely regarded as subjectively superior to all others for a regular user? And is Ubuntu still botnet?

tldr: can someone give a tldr of the past 4 years in the gnu/linux scene
>>
only Unity was a botnet, and now it's dead anyway
>>
Ubuntu, Fedora, and OpenSUSE are the best options I believe.
>>
Arch for binary package manager, Gentoo for source package manager, Debian for nostalgia.
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>60350723
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB N
>>
>>60350723
Most of the "main" distros just work now. By "main," I mean Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE, and Arch and Gentoo (after you install them, I mean.)

Every other distro though, is based off of one of the above. Usually just a project by amateur devs that can't keep with the main distro they based theirs off of, which opens the door to bugs and shit.

The only exception to this rule is Ubuntu, which I left off of the list because it's based on Debian, but actually works pretty well.
>>
>>60350767
>>60350789

Why do a lot of people on /g/ don't recommend Debian? Is it because of systemd?
>>
Why does that chart begin with Sunday?
>>
>>60353050
that's how rows on calendars usually look, at least here in AMERICA
>>
>>60350990
Don't use Arch, so I don't know, but doesn't Arch use systemd too? Arch seems to get recommended, so if so, it must not be that.
>>
>>60350990
I think it's because its's boring. If Arch is vanilla ice cream, Debian is unflavored.
>>
>>60350767
This is the most sane post I read all day.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.