[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here still has their first ever computer? Who still even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1465547979583.jpg (174KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465547979583.jpg
174KB, 640x640px
Who here still has their first ever computer? Who still even remembers their first PC?
>>
>>60348056
Define "PC"
>>
>>60348056
My first computer is in a landfill somewhere.
>>
>>60348056
dumb nozomiposter
>>
>>60348056
My first one ran dos and had the big floppy disks. Had wheel of fortune, monopoly and quicken. The gameplay on quicken was lacking.

The first one i really enjoyed was a packard bell 166mhz with windows 95. Was a beast with 16 mb of ram and almost 2 gigs of memory. I think my parents spent around 3 grand on it.
>>
Gateway 2000 baby
>>
File: moo meme.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
moo meme.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>60348104
nozomoo
>>
File: oric-1.jpg (110KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
oric-1.jpg
110KB, 960x638px
>>60348056
My first PC was a Pentium 75 and I no longer have that because it was an absolute piece of shit, but my first microcomputer was way, way before then.

Pic related: still have it, in the loft of my parents' place. Still have the tapes for it, in the loft too (and taken recordings of all the ones still audible). You've never seen a tape loading system less reliable, I swear to you. It still works as of a couple of years ago, although I don't think I have a screen it can connect to anymore and it started freezing a bit if you pressed the keys hard so there might be a couple of hairline fractures in the board.

I also had a (rare) Torch Communicator (surplus to requirements after the decommissioning of something I probably shouldn't talk about here but let's just say my dad worked in Cheltenham and the decommissioned building was really cool, had man-traps and a mainframe that read numbers over the radio). Don't have that machine anymore, it was sat in the shed at my parents' house and one day my mum accidentally put something through the monitor glass - it was built like a tank and survived a thunderstrike, but it didn't like that. Basically just a BBC Micro Model B with two 5 1/4" floppy drives and an extra Z80 daughterboard running CP/M; nothing "interesting" left on it but it sure played a mean game of Elite.

Then I had Atari computers; lost count of how many but I ended up with a souped-up Falcon before going to the Pentium.
>>
>>60348056
C64, functional. Followed by A500, also functional.
>>
Packard Bell Windows 95 tower. Had a 3.5' floppy but we never used it. Mostly played edutainment games and Maxis stuff.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.