[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ransomware infections reported worldwide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39901382

SO IT STARTS, THE GREAT FAGGOTRY OF OUR TIME
>>
>A massive ransomware campaign appears to have infected a number of organisations around the world.

>There have been reports of infections in the UK, US, China, Russia, Spain, Italy, Vietnam, Taiwan and others.
>>
>Patch was released in March
I know people hate updating windows but luddites still on XP deserve this crap.
>>
>>60347406
The scary thing is that our entire society today depends on technology but 99% have no more knowledge about it than using apps on their smartphone and the even worse thing is that even fewer knows anything about security.
>>
>>60347357
Linux doesn't have this problem.
>>
File: 1491189978327.png (105KB, 883x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491189978327.png
105KB, 883x1024px
>>60347357
>SMB
not my problem

(but I'm making an extra backup copy just in case)
>>
>>60347357
1703 doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>60347357

already wiped my OS in fear.
>>
Updated article

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39896393
>>
>>60350786
>Tens of thousands of organisations have been caught out by a computer virus called WannaCry. The malicious software locks data away and demands a payment of up to $600 (£460) before it will restore scrambled files.

>In the UK, many hospitals fell victim and some health organisations diverted ambulances and cancelled non-essential services as they sought to contain and clean up the infection.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Infections in more than 70 nations are being reported by security firms. It appears that the hardest hit are Russia and Spain.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>The WannaCry virus only infects machines running Windows. If you do not update Windows and do not take care when opening and reading emails then you could be at risk.

>You can protect yourself by running updates, using firewalls and anti-virus software and by being wary when reading emailed messages. It might also be worth taking a back up of key data so you can restore without having to pay up should you be infected.
>>
File: wannacry_04.png (166KB, 2468x1240px) Image search: [Google]
wannacry_04.png
166KB, 2468x1240px
Nations hit currently known and severity. 74.
>>
https://securelist.com/blog/incidents/78351/wannacry-ransomware-used-in-widespread-attacks-all-over-the-world/

Full securelist article in pic.
>>
According to Russia Today the windows dev have already released some tools to detect and prevent this shit, brb downloading rn not taking any chances with this
>>
>tfw just logged in my w7
>tfw it hasnt been updated since yrs
>tfw literary dont care
>tfw not infected
>tfw lmao at all of you /g/uys
>>
>>60347357
So is this related to all the backdoors the CIA were responsible for going public?

GG
>>
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012212/march-2007-security-only-quality-update-for-windows-7-sp1-and-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1

This fixed it on W7, already had it but I'm installing all the new updates anyway.
>>
>>60347357
>Ransomware
funny thing as much as I hate updating windows, I'm glad I do.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.