[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap windows licenses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: windows-server.jpg (31KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
windows-server.jpg
31KB, 1024x768px
What's the deal with all the suspiciously cheap windows keys going on ebay? Even for Windows server, which is normally very expensive.

Microsoft charges so much for licenses at retail, so are these just good deals, or are they illegitimate in some way? What about for business use?
>>
>>60344029
>buying windows
>in this year
>>
>>60344029
The keys are legit themselves.

People with access to MSDN can request key for trying out operating systems/learning/similar purposes, the request keys for free then sell them for $10. Don't buy these, the day MS decides to axe the system or simply remove these keys, you are fucked.
>>
in the EU it's a right to resell software. there's a huge supply of keys from replaced business computers and most people don't know/trust used liscences. large supply, rather low demand -> low price. if have several used software liscences and never had a problem.
>>
I go to a university and I got the Education version for free through them
>>
>>60344071
why you buy a used key from a commercial reseller he's liable to provide a legitimate key.
>>
>>60344119
*when
>>
File: gif.gif (222KB, 483x394px) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
222KB, 483x394px
>>60344029
>>
So buying one of these licenses for Windows server for work isn't worth the massive price reduction?
Assuming I have to take responsibility for any complications, but those likely not being very serious (this won't be a particularly critical machine)
>>
>>60344029
>Be poor uni student
>free uni
>free access to MS Imagine
>grab all keys you dont need and sell them
>proceed to spend the money on alcohol
>>
>>60344837
Ask your boss if he's ok with it. I think it's a bit of a legal gray area. The seller is breaking his user agreement by selling the keys, but it's not against any agreement you've made for you to use it Microsoft can revoke the license because he broke the agreement, but I don't think they can come after a buyer for anything. It's not as if you're using a cracked or unactivated copy and actually breaking the license.
Basically you'd just be out the money you spent and you'd now have to buy a legitimate copy. But it could be years (or never) before they ban the key (I've been on a gifted MSDN key for years now)
>>
>>60344029
I used to fix computers for residential clients, and would offer to haul away old machines for free. Every once in a while, someone would have a illegible keysticker when I was trying to reinstall Windows, so I'd sell them a license from one of the other machines.

Chances are, this is the same deal; they buy up old and dead computers, and resell the keys just like any other scrap part.
>>
test
>>
>>60346517
confirmed
>>
i saw ltsb keys on ebay for 15 usd
legit or scam?
>>
>>60346568
I think W10 ties itself to the MB and can't be installed on anything else, so it's probably not from a recycled machine. What's more likely in this case, is that the keys are stolen from OEM machines that are pre-activated on a generic key anyway. So it should work without conflict, but it's still stolen.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.