[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: nK5aPZG.jpg (38KB, 499x459px) Image search: [Google]
nK5aPZG.jpg
38KB, 499x459px
Redpill me on Linux
>>
>>60338206
Do you have a computer that is old and can only run XP? Use linux(ubuntu mate) to give it some life.
Do you use your PC just for online shitposting and maybe playing some indie games on steam or GOG? Use ubuntu or linux mint.
Did you get so used to the familiarity of windows that it makes you sick? Use linux.
Dualbooting is not hard, If you end up liking it, keep it.
>>
>>60338206
Open source is the future, the only way we can continue to innovate in the IT field is to share ideas and solutions, closed software is like alchemy, so we are still in the middle ages of computing in that sense. We need to start sharing and shit will escalate like with science.
Also you can be sure under Linux that your OS isn't spying on you, unless you install something for that purpose.
>>
>>60338206
Once you get used to an OS that treats you like the driver instead of a passenger sitting in a toddler's car seat, you'll have a hard time going back to Windows.
>>
>It's light on resources compared to windows.
>Everything is faster.
>Everything is simple.
>Your fans don't spin at mach 1 with no programs open.
>No botnet.
>No adware.
>No trialware.
>Everything is free.
>You can literally customize everything down to the bootloader.
>You can report bugs and developers will actually listen and communicate with you.
>You can install it on hardware from 20 years ago.
>You can run it off a 128mb flash drive
>Supports 99.9% of all hardware out of the box

and
>redpill me on Linux
should be
>redpill me on Windows
>>
File: mGBI6wg.png (429KB, 547x767px) Image search: [Google]
mGBI6wg.png
429KB, 547x767px
>>60338206
The entire OS is built from the ground up to be scripted.
You can pipe any output into any input and do some cool hackerman shit for chuckles and ease of life if you're not afraid of reading.

The free software is based but you have to rebuild what you know, your software library, to become fully operational again.
But once you do there's no going back.

It has some cool next gen file systems if you hate data loss.
>>
>>60338492
I want to dual Boot it, I know there will be no data loss, but if anything goes south, what consequences am I looking at?
>>
>>60338892
I think worst case scenario would be you accidentally wiping the windows partition, but if you don't fuck that up the next worst thing that can happen that one or bot of your OSes are not going to boot.
>>
>>60338892
Your storage space is cut proportionally to how much you allocate to your dual boot.
Your bootloader will become grub.

Worst case: You blow on by the menu that tells you you already have windows on disk and, twice, confirm you want to pave over.

I just run everything in a VM these days that requires windows, no reboots necessary.
>>
>>60338206

It's basically an unfinished product.

People can't decide on one distribution so there are a bunch of variations with competing ideas, all of which have problems. You can't do things without the terminal. Linux is not secure and not supported by any notable developers. It works as a very basic OS but can often break on updates.

Much of the design philosophy and what it aims to be, is better than Windows. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work as intended a lot of the time.

Free software is basically a meme because people aren't motivated without money and the possibility to patent. Linux will probably be in this state forever.
>>
>>60338904
>>60338929 okay I will dual boot Ubuntu after my exams.
I've tried it on USB and I already like it way more than windows.
>>
>>60338976
>Linux is not secure and not supported by any notable developers. It works as a very basic OS but can often break on updates.

Woo, is it still 1999?
>>
>>60338976
It is secure man, just look at the code, if you find any issues try to exploit them, see what happens.
The update and design part I won't even comment, I'm not here to argue.
Free software isn't a meme big industry businesses back it like Google or even Microsoft themselves.
>>
File: 1494510319051.gif (3MB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1494510319051.gif
3MB, 160x160px
>>60338976
Say that to fedora's face fucker and see what happens
>>
>>60338892
it's pretty hard to fuck up. shrinking your windows partition is pretty easy in windows. don't worry too much about fucking up your bootloader, you can always fix that booted into linux.
>>
>>60338206
BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War. It is based on a program called " xenix", which was written by Microsoft for the US government. These programs are used by hackers to break into other people's computer systems to steal credit card numbers. They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music, using the "mp3" program. Torovoltos is a notorious hacker, responsible for writing many hacker programs, such as "telnet", which is used by hackers to connect to machines on the internet without using a telephone.

Your son may try to install " lunix" on your hard drive. If he is careful, you may not notice its presence, however, lunix is a capricious beast, and if handled incorrectly, your son may damage your computer, and even break it completely by deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional.

If you see the word "LILO" during your windows startup (just after you turn the machine on), your son has installed lunix. In order to get rid of it, you will have to send your computer back to the manufacturer, and have them fit a new hard drive. Lunix is extremely dangerous software, and cannot be removed without destroying part of your hard disk surface.
>>
File: tox.png (86KB, 1161x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tox.png
86KB, 1161x1280px
>>60339120
Oh it has been such a long time since I saw this one, reminded me of this OG tox mascot.
>>
Once you go black...
>>
>>60339106
It's final,dual booting Ubuntu after examss.
>>
>>60338976
/thread
>>
>>60338713
>supports 99.9% of hardware

Nope. Been using GNU/Linux for 10 years. You're wrong.

It's more like 80% of hardware.
>>
>>60342281
Depending on what do you include in the "hardware" category. Linux supports almost every CPU created. This is rare achievment among os systems and gcc can be thanked for it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.