[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dell Precision T series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Anyone on /g/ got one of these? How are you liking it? Are they quiet?
>>
>>60335585
Quiet until you put a fancy video card in them. There's 4 or 5 fans in the front which are like 20mm and make a racket when spinning fast which they do with graphics intensive stuff.
>>
File: BLYAT.jpg (47KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
BLYAT.jpg
47KB, 300x222px
>>60335585
>Buying a computer named after a Jew.

Kys
>>
There's one at work which is pretty quiet
>>
>>60336752
I agree, we had lots of these, they are nice and reliable but a bit heavy.

We are now buying Precision 3420 small form factors with non-k 7700 and NVMe PM961 SSDs.
For such a small machine they have plenty of power, I was actually impressed how portable they were.
>>
>>60337185
I still prefer the larger towers but not when I have to move them, just to service them.
I use all Xeon's, E3-1245 or better and ECC with upgraded power supplies.

Would prefer the Class 50 cards but no option and my other beef is the lack of slimline dvd-r with media card reader to free up that bay. Precision has been the most reliable machines I have used so far, starting with the T3400's.
>>
>>60336752
Couldn't you install a GPU with a blower-style cooler and remain quiet? The GTX 1060 would be a good fit, I bet.
>>
T3400. Great case, old processor but still chews through what I throw at it. (Q6700, 5GB, 2x500GB +1 120GB running Mac OS 10.10.5
>>
>>60337846
Don't know why, I use the old style cooler that draws from inside and blows out the back. Playing intensive games causes those front fans to scream like a banshee.

Not bad on BF1, but Elite makes it scream. Newer drivers help. Using a GTX980 with mine.
>>
>>60337960
Sounds like it may be CPU temperature related. Do you have a high TDP CPU?
>>
>>60335585
They look like nice cases aesthetically BUT any case with all them nooks and crannies on the front will be a pain to clean.
>>
>>60335585

Ebay HP z800 superior
>>
>>60339662
What would you say is superior about it?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.