[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cucked by windoze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: troll ie.png (172KB, 469x450px) Image search: [Google]
troll ie.png
172KB, 469x450px
I'm fucking seething.

I guess the universe decided to drop a bunch of Windows hurt on me lately, idk, but I'm fucking fed up with it. The identity crisis of being a simultaneous desktop and tablet OS. The 2 different control panels, and submenus, and sub-submenus, and submenus that seemingly don't even have a parent menu. All the extra bullshit that accomplishes half the purpose of a similar existing feature in windoze, yet somehow got introduced anyway. The GOD-AWFUL windows store. Seriously, wtf? That thing is a goddamn abortion. Like less-than-palm-pilot level functionality and even less of an app selection.

I'm aware of the linux meme and my macfag friend has been preaching to me the virtues of NOT using windows for over a decade. I'm not sure why I'm just now reaching my breaking point but somehow here I am. I would drop everything and set myself up on a mac or some type of linux distro, if not for gaming, the only thing anchoring me to this bloody miscarriage of an operating system.

Out of curiosity, what would it take for gaming to become not only viable but an equal option on Unix systems? I'm thinking it's just Microsoft's shilling of their own platform over the years, furthering the evolution of DirectX, Vulkan, all the proprietary Green & Red team drivers and support for Windows, etc, ESPECIALLY with the release of the Xbone which runs on the same basic platform as far as I can tell.

Will, or could Unix even ever become suitable for gaming on so the PC master race could ditch M$'s autistic brainchild?
>>
File: 1494452722128.jpg (33KB, 600x565px) Image search: [Google]
1494452722128.jpg
33KB, 600x565px
>>
>>60333827
burn mint iso
get an additional harddrive
install mint on it
get wine
try your games
if they suck on mint, boot windows
hit f2 and change boot order when you want to switch
>>
op, search "virtualbox gpu passthrough"
all windows games work on linux just fine this way with a 2% or so performance hit (you won't notice it)
Check out Ubuntu Budgie
>>
>>60334476
but you need two gpus for this to work.
>>
>>60334541
one can be integrated (e.g. intel hd graphics) and the other the offboard
but there are other requisites tho
>>
>>60334541
did you buy a gpu?
Does your motherboard have a video out with all the other io ports?
You have 2 GPUs.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.