[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 371
Thread images: 51

File: jerry.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jerry.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread: >>60322832
>>
>>60332113
Boot and Nuke.
>>
>>60332171
Running Win 7 senpai
>>
I don't understand how all these different builds for windows 10 work. Do I have to upgrade to creators edition in the near future or will Microsoft continue to release monthly security patches for anniversary edition forever? I don't want to download an entirely new OS twice a year. I just want the fucking security updates and be done with any changes to windows10 itself.
>>
>>60332141
change the batteries and make sure the dongle isn't too far away
>>
>>60332230
how does reinstalling not solve it when you I assume download the latest version, offline installer...

also might try renaming firefox folder in %appdata%

>>60332243
then we cant tell if its not some bullshit in OS or not, buy new mouse I guess
>>
i want to learn ruby on rails

i'm using a windows 10 machine with bash on windows installed

should i use regular windows or bash on windows as my development environment?
>>
>>60332194
Are you Goofy or something OP? Pluto is a dog, not a planet.
>>
>>60332279
>i want to learn ruby on rails
don't
>>
>>60332252
creator edition is an update of win10
you can activate deferring update but you wont last long I suspect
move to linux if you want to be in charge of your machine, dual boot for games and shit, and no one cares if there are cracks and updates when its not the main OS
>>
>>60332279
>should i use regular windows or bash on windows as my development environment?
Why would you do that?
also isnt python django the current go-to?
>>
My pc is away for repairs to have the motherboard replaced. The company cannot tell me if they will need to wipe my data and/or reinstall my OS. but isn't a full reinstall required when the motherboard or CPU is changed?
>>
Pluto is a planet and they didn't change that. It's a 'dwarf' planet. A 'dumb' nigger is still a nigger.
>>
>>60332252
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uspartner_learning/2017/01/12/windows-10-release-news/

They already stopped doing updates for Anniversary as of last month.
>>
>>60332293
>don't
why not

>>60332313
>Why would you do that?
why would i do what? i'm asking which i should do
>also isnt python django the current go-to?
no idea, i'm a CE student teaching myself web and higher level shit
>>
File: human.jpg (297KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
human.jpg
297KB, 2448x3264px
I bought ryzen and planning system reinstall over the weekend

two SSDs:
- m.2 128GB - windows 10
- 512GB sata - linux arch

If I go as typically I would go, I would install first win10, then arch
and arch would hijack windows efi partition right?

but I feel thats somehow stupid
If I remove m.2 arch would not boot?
why cant they be on their own drives not touching in any way and I would point uefi what to boot?
I think I can do that right?

put in m.2 only, install windows on it.
remove m.2
put in sata, install arch on it

now would uefi allow me to easily manage which one to boot on hotkey on boot press if I would want non-default? Cuz current uefi often only say windows boot manager or linux boot manager, I think they point to efi files or how it works...
>>
>>60332332
no, not anymore, and they should give same chipset
I literally yesterday plugged by mistake a drive with windows 2016 server in to new ryzen machine
it told me to wait for new devices were found
and then login screen... I forgot password, but shit booted and would get me to desktop
then drivers would be installed and all would work

in the past such think would crush windows no doubt
>>
>>60332365
That article says version 1507 received the last updates last month so that means plenty of people must've been running the original windows 10 build up until last month. Anniversary edition is 1607 and is still getting separate monthy security updates it would seem.

Are the patches backwards compatible? If I decide to update to creators edition a few months from now, will I have to re-download every security patch since april for the creators build?
>>
>>60332373
>why would i do what? i'm asking which i should do
the thing I quoted just before asking
I am saying just find nice IDE for ruby that will manage this shit for you
or go on linux

>I'm a CE student
and you are on windows still?
>>
What does a system analyst do?
>>
>>60332332
They might depending on how different the replacement board is. If it's a laptop or SFF, they're probably going to have to get the exact same or very similar make / model, and I wouldn't be too concerned about that. MicroATX desktop might get fucky.

Windows is supposed to (((just work))) with different motherboards, but it doesn't always.
>>
>>60332506
>I am saying just find nice IDE for ruby that will manage this shit for you
so i shouldn't fuck around with bash and i should just do it the windows way

>and you are on windows still?
yes because CE at my school was mostly EE and microcontrollers and no cool CS stuff
so i left
>>
i just got an avast notification saying a worm has been found

wat do?
>>
It is possible to install english english XBM on psx dsr 7100 without having access to HDD?
>>
>>60332600
wanna see my pet worm?
>>
>>60332565
analyse systems

:^)
>>
>>60332565
my guess very similar to system engineer

hello, I am a mid size company with 75 people working 2 locations, or we are large company with 50,000 employees in 13 countries

this is our network, our servers, VMs, backups, this is how we are running VPNs
this is how we store our data, this is how we deal with credentials

we have this kind of issues of this and this, what would you recommend we change, add

we also need certification for XY government standard you think our system will pass and what will we need to do to pass
>>
>>60332573
It's with Mendit, I rang them today and they said they had to order the replacement motherboard. So I'm assuming they've gone for the exact same model. I swear there was some Cpu key or Windows key tied to the motherboard. Also forgot to mention it's a desktop
>>
How do I stop my Roku from giving off a wireless signal that interferes with my wifi?
>>
>>60332648
So pretty much you babysit computer normies
>>
How accurate is disk management?
>>
>>60332875
What does this even mean
>>
>>60332875
31.4159%
>>
>>60332739
Foil paper
>>
>>60332875
about 3.50
>>
>>60332279
>i want to learn ruby on rail
it's really good I think about doing the same
>>
>>60332770
no, building and fixing infrastructure where sysadmins can babysit normies
>>
>>60332875
I take it you mean the windows disk management tool.
If you ever has to question if your HDD is in good shape or not, start backing up your data ASAP. Just to be safe.
>>
Windows 7 starts up and boots to the point where the 4 balls of light come together to make the Windows logo but then it BSODs and tries to boot itself again, resulting in a never-ending loop. Safe mode works fine, however after messing around with it a bit I noticed there are small, horizontal lines of green pixels over much of the screen. Sometimes there are squares on the screen that are free from the lines, it's a bit random.

It kinda seems like the graphics card is dying, but would that really prevent Windows from finishing booting? The repair tools say the hard drive/memory/startup/integrity of Windows is fine
>>
>>60332675
You can just phone Microsoft and they'll activate the old copy of Windows on the new board.

The only real danger is that with a different model board, Windows may try to automatically uninstall a whole bunch of drivers that don't get changed around very often, and sometimes it just renders itself unbootable or doesn't run entirely right afterword.
>>
>>60333202
have you tried un-installing the heaps of spyware on your computer that fight each other to be started up prior to windows loading far enough to allow users to log in?
>>
>>60333202
>but would that really prevent Windows from finishing booting
If the card's fucked up enough that the driver doesn't know how to function properly then yes. And it sounds like it just might be.

If your system has integrated graphics, pull the card and see if that works, if not try to get your hands on another card and try that.
>>
>>60333252
Alternatively, try testing the card in another machine, if possible.
>>
What's a windows activator which wont give me malware or make me part of a botnet?
>>
real quick Clonezilla question:
If I select to copy an entire disk to an image, will the image size be the size of the disk or the size of the space that's actually used on the disk?

Also, if a disk has multiple partitions does it still copy it all into one image file?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (337KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
337KB, 1920x1200px
Not really a question, just venting my annoyances with You tube.
720p event though it's supposed to be 1440p, I have to manually set it to 1440p to switch.
It's in limited RGB for some reason, but converts to full when I switch the resolution.
I'm guessing the first thing is just google being cheeky and saving themselves some bandwidth (same reason they switched to .vp9)
And perhaps the color space is because I also have a TV connected and those use limited RGB.
>>
>>60333275
kmspico
but if you use some antivirus you better put it in exception, ints in programfiles

its the most popular I know, and no reports of shenanigans
>>
>>60333289
dont use clonezila if the thing you are doing matters

torrent acronis true image and make bootable dvd, or use easy2boot to make bootable usb from it

and with acronis unless you tell it explicitly to go by sector, only the actual data occupied will be in the image created
>>
File: help.png (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
49KB, 1280x720px
can someone tell me why my screen looks like shit ?? any texts look like that and it sluggish im using the native res help pls
>>
File: 1471828870444.jpg (318KB, 1000x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1471828870444.jpg
318KB, 1000x1252px
>>60333389
Google it you fucktard.
>>
>>60333335
I don't see why not and it's just a fresh installation with drivers, nothing 'important'

>>60333333
>>
>>60333335
There is absolutely nothing wrong with clonezilla
>acronis
>cracks
>putting malware on your system when you want to backup data
GRAND PLAN CHAP
>>
I am in desperate need of help.

Basically here is what has happened, I formatted my android phone, completely, and basically all internal storage is deleted. I need to recover a specific file located in /data/data of the root directory. My phone is rooted. All "file recovery" apps only scan for images or videos, I need to scan for a database file.

If I don't get this file I am screwed, losts of money down the drain (BTC).

I will gift some BTC to whoever can help me recover this file, i promise.
>>
>>60333432
>>60333427
1. I tried to use clonezzile I really did, out of 7 images I made 3 were fucked, system did not recover on the new drive. Then I switched to the most recommended solution out there, and never had a single problem out of dozens of varius uses

2. no crack, its iso that you boot that makes exact copies of all the partitions and all the good stuff. I am not saying getting acronis the shit that you installa in windows that is suppose to make incremental images backup, I am saying true image
>>
>>60333469
Sounds like you failed to use the software properly.Take a glance at its user manual if you are that misinformed.

I have been using clonzilla for atleast a decade on all my system,including business clients
>>
>>60333389
Are you on a TV or a monitor?
>>
>>60333483
TV
>>
What is the best android web browser rn? (best as in lightweight)
>>
>>60333456
go look for professional solution instead of shtting up in here

try contacting Gillware or some such
>>
>>60333456
I really don't know much about this, but you could try using Recuva deep scan.
>>
>>60333523
>android
>rn
kys
>>
>>60333523
they are all the same, I use lightning
>>
File: clonezilla.png (47KB, 571x594px) Image search: [Google]
clonezilla.png
47KB, 571x594px
>>60333289
>will the image size be the size of the disk or the size of the space that's actually used on the disk?
Yes. Also gzip'd.

>if a disk has multiple partitions does it still copy it all into one image file?
Clonezilla dumps a whole bunch of files into a folder for each backup job. It has separate file sets for each partition plus a bunch of descriptor files for the whole archive.
>>
>>60333569
>will it be x or y
>yes
:^)
but thanks, I can see from the image
>>
>>60333389
I cannot see the problem here.
>>
getting a vr ready pc and moving out soon how much room is needed for vr and generally red pill me on vr
>>
>>60333561
rude and uncalled for
>>
>>60333493
Might be some sort of overscan shit. Are the edges going offscreen at all, or is there a black border?

If not, make doubly sure you do have the right native resolution, in some cases it might mark the wrong resolution as native in the list. Try switching to some smaller resolutions and see if one of those looks correct.
>>
Alright, this is gonna be the stupidest thing in a while.
I had to bring my desktop on the plane, it was packed pretty heavily with clothes to try and pad it. Stupid thing to do, I know, but it was basically my only option.
Press power button, lights come on and that whrrr sound happens but nothing.
Whats the most likely cause? I was reading and it said most likely the hard drive. Just thought I'd try to get some second opinions.
>>
Someone on a different board said that my ISP can read what i post on 4chan if i use HTTP. But if i use HTTPS, they can't.
Is this true? Serious answer please, because i honestly don't know about this stuff.
>>
>>60333690
it is yet another jewish trick do not fall for it brother, they will use the webcams and infrared sensors and geometry data to spy on you and invade your privacy. it's what (((zuckerberg))) wanted all along.
>>
>>60333760
vive not oculus
>>
>>60333523
>>60333704
kys as in kill yourself rn you little freak
>>
>>60333754
Yes.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20161123/10554936126/comcast-takes-heat-injecting-messages-into-internet-traffic.shtml

And if you're connected over wi-fi, anyone with the right device can intercept any unencrypted data being transmitted over your network
>>
File: 1464987935104.jpg (238KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1464987935104.jpg
238KB, 1024x1024px
What's a good tool you can use for spliiting CUE / large audio files?
>>
>>60333227
Doubt it's that, considering the computer is used exclusively by my elderly mother who only visits Facebook, Fox News, and AOL.

>>60333252
>>60333272
Yep, swapping it out for another card worked perfectly. Thanks!
>>
File: 1412286127177.png (3KB, 306x290px) Image search: [Google]
1412286127177.png
3KB, 306x290px
How do I uninstall Adobe CC ?

>Keeps asking me to sign in and verify
>Used a throwaway email, don't have access anymore

Wasn't there a really aggressive third party uninstaller like revo uninstaller or something?
>>
>>60333884
CUETools
>>
>>60333897
It doesn't let you uninstall it? Even from programs and features? try disconnecting from internet or blocking adobe servers
>>
How to use Debian on iPhone 7?

Usually I use android but I was gifted the iPhone.
>>
>>60333983

I did, the adobe cloud pops up and stops me, trying revo now, but I don't think it's going to work properly
>>
When I plug my tablet into my computer and move a file to my tablet it takes 1-3 minutes (maybe more) to move. The proceeding ones are faster.

Why is the first file moved immediately upon connection so slow?
>>
What's the best way to back up all my movies, music etc? Just buy another drive of the same size and periodically clone? I'm too much of a brainlet for RAID or whatever.
>>
did the 4chan api stop working suddenly today or i'm having problems only on my computer?
>>
Should I study CS when I don't want anything to do with software engineering? Working with other people on a group project is literally hell and it becomes worse when these people are devs who are even worse than your average human.
What other career paths are there that dont involve SE?
>>
>>60334022
if that doesn't work then you could always remove the adobe installation and appdata files and then whatever you can find in the registry
>>
>>60334032
Raid is not backup.Raid is redundency. In your case it dosent fit to use raid.
Setup a daily/weekly/ w/e schedule and back up
Grab another hdd and just mirror it weekly
>>
How scary is openbsd?
>>
>>60334200
v spooky
>>
>>60334151
Far too much effort.

>>60334032
Anon you should just click and drag them onto Google Drive. You can even view and listen to them in the cloud and share them with friends.
>>
>>60334111

Yeah did that, I hope I got everything, otherwise re-installing is gonna be fun later on
>>
>>60334346
>effort
Why are you even using a computer then?

Set it and forget it once
>>
>>60334351
It should be fine, if you left anything it'll just overwrite it. Make sure to use a proper crack and follow its instructions next time.
>>
>>60334370

>Trusting the crack botnet

You don't need to use a crack, just change a character in the serial key in the application.xml

I fucked it up by trying to install nvidia dds plugins to an unverified, inaccessible account next time I'll verify it so I can uninstall at least
>>
Why doesn't my stupid laptop have Miracast? It really should but the DxDiag file just says not available.
My tv supports Miracast and intel widi

I just want to duplicate my desktop to my tv like I can on my crappy android phone, if it can do it then my laptop should.
It has an Intel I3 processor.
>>
>>60332770
No thats Sysadmins and IT support.

I have a friend in IT support she deals with people plugging out their pcs for their phone chargers and then thinking the pc is broken or people who do not know how to download apps on their phones all day.

It is shocking how computer illiterate people are in this day in age.
Knowing how to google something can get you a job.
>>
Does anyone still burn CDs/DVDs? I have a stack of DVD-R discs I bought close to 6 months ago out of impulse as the stack of 100 was $3. I've used a few, but nowhere near the full amount. Was thinking of burning a windows recovery disk for 7 and 10. Then maybe backup discs of drivers for all the PCs and laptops in my home.

What's a good burning utility? Or is windows good enough?
>>
File: bash_2017-05-11_17-38-46.png (31KB, 979x512px) Image search: [Google]
bash_2017-05-11_17-38-46.png
31KB, 979x512px
Are there any limitations to bash on windows? Is there any reason for me to keep a dedicated linux server now that Windows has bash?
>>
Which CPUs are NOT backdoored?
Preferably something made in the 21st century.

Are any open source ARM CPUs worth buying?
>>
File: 1478996835511.png (89KB, 469x346px) Image search: [Google]
1478996835511.png
89KB, 469x346px
Windows 10 LTSB on ryzen 1600/rx480 (2x4 3000 DDR4 ram)

Yes or no and why

Gentoo will be on it for dualbooting anyway so I have it covered.
>>
in desktop threads why is the anime girl always on the right side of the wallpaper
>>
>>60334747
I was told (by a reviewer on yt) the X200 and T400 can be librebooted. I think that removes the possibly backdoor of those models of CPU.

On the intel thing that dropped a few days ago, I heard updates are being pushed for more recent models, or something, to take care of the vulnerability. Sorry for no sources.
>>
>>60334810
Apparently I'm out of the loop.
Is the hardware backdoor thing talking about Intel ME, or something else?
>>
File: test.png (43KB, 928x564px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
43KB, 928x564px
>>60332194
I have a stupid question. HOw do i configure raid zero on two of my ssds? I just got anoter Samsung 750 evo.
>>
kind of a weird question but bear with me:

In a network of computers where there is no heavy traffic, would a ping from a computer 100 feet away be smaller than a ping from a computer 200 feet away? Can physical distance affect the ping time if all else is equal?
>>
>>60334847
Hey, I was just parroting what I've seen, so I took a sec to find the sources. Yeah, it's just Intel ME on the "recent" thing I meant.

>>60168584
(Was planning on linking some old /tpg/ commentary on it but you seem to know about it already, so yeah)

It was this X200 review I watched that mentioned librebooting the X200 and T400:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgDfpzQya14

Don't know what librebooting does, nor of all supported models for it but best of luck to you in whatever you do regardless.
>>
I've got a mic, headphones, and external PC speakers.

I want to talk to other humans on TS and Discord.

Do I have to wear the headphones, plugged into my external speakers so I don't cause a feedback loop into the mic, or am I able to plug the headphones into the mic to monitor my own vocal quality while the external speakers play the sounds they make?
>>
>>60334953
I should have mentioned that I'm not the anon you first replied to, thanks for the reply and link.

Unfortunately libreboot is only available on like 15 computers at all, so that's not a solution for the majority of users.
>>
I have two partitions on my external hard drive, is it possible to make a third partition and install windows to it? That way, I can boot off that partition and use windows.
>>
>>60333897
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
have you tried this
>>
How do I "de-pin" or "de-focus" a window? I pressed some combination of keys without looking and now whenever I click away from MPC, it won't go away to the backround like other active programs do. Which is to say, I have Firefox maximized and MPC at its normal size, but clicking on the Firefox window won't make it take focus as it usually does.

Sorry, but it's very hard to explain and I don't even know how to Google it, let alone how to fix it.
>>
Some videos won't cache more than 10 seconds when using mpv --ytdl unless I use --ytdl-format=best.

The common element seems to be that audio only/video only formats that don't have an estimated size won't cache more than 10 seconds

I was trying to find these videos with no-size formats and it seems like they're usually long videos, recently uploaded.

Don't know if there's a workaround to get those formats to cache, or a way to make sure those formats are not selected by mpv.
Or maybe it's just something that takes place on videos that were livestreamed directly to youtube and still have to finish processing.

sample videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvWjLAI-fco
>no file sizes using youtube-dl -F (as of now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42bL-s69Jo
>file sizes
>>
I'm trying to make a webm with audio using webmconverter (webm for retards) and the audio keeps turning out out of sync. Source file is 14gb and the audio is FLAC.

I'm not sure what I need to change to get it in sync. I've tried high quality encoding and changing the audio quality but it makes no difference. I don't have a size or bitrate limit on.

Any help would be much appreciated.
>>
>>60335319
?
>>
>>60335328
Why do you need webm when your source file is so large?
What are you trying to accomplish?
>>
>>60335352
THANK YOU!! Though God knows why there isn't a hot key to reset that.
>>
>>60335355
I don't understand why the source file would have any impact on me (or anyone) wanting to make a webm. I wanna clip a scene from a video.
>>
>>60335328
That's happened to me using ffmpeg and it's given me headaches.
Not sure, but I think some files are just broken like that and the markers are all fucked up making it hard to get a synced a/v when converting straight to webm.
You could try reencoding (both audio and video of) the segment you want to webm into something like x264+aac, and then in turn converting that new file into webm. I had to resort to that once.
>>
>>60335380
Then you should first cut the part you want out.You're having syncing issues due to the size of the source file,your system cannot handle it.
Cut the portion that you want and then convert it
>>
>>60332194
Is there a /g/ ranking of all edX certificates from best to worst? As in what's the top thing people should buy to the things to avoid
>>
>>60335400
I wouldn't be sure how to begin to do that. What programs to use, etc. It's been 10 years since I last did any video editing. I've never had any problems in the past making webms from large files tho.

>>60335391
I'll give this a try since I have handbrake installed and it seems like the easiest option.
>>
>>60335454
You can use ffmpeg,there are switches to indicate what timestamp,down to the frame,you want to cut out.
>>
>>60335328
You could perhaps try transcoding the audio to vorbis or aac and leaving video as is with ffmpeg

Is the source frame rate constant or variable?
>>
>>60335468
>You can use ffmpeg,there are switches to indicate what timestamp,down to the frame,you want to cut out.

oh fuck, really? All this time I've been cutting to the nearest second with ffmpeg

How do? I tried to read the documentation but my ctrl + F didn't yield the results I wanted. Not that guy though.
>>
>>60335492
-ss and -t
>>
>>60335516
Those are seconds though. Is there a way to do to the frame?

I've been using
-ss 00:00:00 -t 00:00:00
. Is there more I can add to determine the frame?
>>
>>60335535
add a .
like 00:00:00.5
>>
>>60335543
Holy fuck. Dude, you changed the world for me, thank you so much.
>>
>>60335553
if you add osd-fractions into your mpv config you can get the proper timestamp
you can also set keys in your input.conf to go frame forward/backwards so you you can get precise timestamps in your OSD
>>
>>60335468
I could give it a try, but there's a reason I'm using webmconverter and I'm on /sqg/. I used ffmpeg for a few weeks when webms were first implemented on 4chan, but I had a txt with a guide in front of me back when I did that.
>>
File: 1470679088176.png (34KB, 327x269px) Image search: [Google]
1470679088176.png
34KB, 327x269px
Is an external hard drive enclosure in RAID 1 an okay backup/archive system? My single drive of anime is getting full, and I'd like to both upgrade the size and have some protection if a drive were to die.
>>
File: ffmpeg.png (128KB, 1446x1165px) Image search: [Google]
ffmpeg.png
128KB, 1446x1165px
>>60335602
Enjoy :^)
>>
>>60335625
Cheers, anon. I downloaded the wrong ffmpeg at first and was super confused.
>>
I have some webm scripts I wrote in bash. Thought I'd share them.
Makes webms with a file size that's very close to the file limit.
Works with local files and http links to videos that work with youtube-dl.

>no audio
https://pastebin.com/qAAXvkWr

>audio
https://pastebin.com/VgRDhUHj

they're probably kinda shitty, but they get the job done (most of the time)
if you have any suggestions in terms of the script logic I'd appreciate them
>>
>>60335620
RAID is not a backup.
>>
>>60335328
Use mpv and encode script, pretty easy. You still need to set ffmpeg config, but it's not hard at all and you can use the guide the other anon posted for it.

Here's what I use for making webm for 4chan with the script:
 e             script-message-to encode set_timestamp webm true true "-s 960x540 -an -sn -c:v libvpx -crf 10 -b:v 4M" 

-an removes audio, take a look at ffmpeg's wiki so you can learn some basic commands

https://github.com/occivink/mpv-scripts#encodelua
https://mpv.io/installation/
>>
>>60336013
Any suggestions then? I ideally just want something to dump anime onto that is somewhat resistant to a drive failing.
>>
>>60336162
>resistant
You would need atlest raid-5 for any true redundancy,which is atleast 3 drives
>>
File: 1491579166198.png (236KB, 413x565px) Image search: [Google]
1491579166198.png
236KB, 413x565px
Trying to get a raspberry pi to play images from a USB on startup using fbi but I don't have a fucking clue on how to make a script for it in python since I'm a fucking retard.
>>
seeking the Cheap Bastard Holy Grail: an app that allows incoming and outgoing calls and texts on my current number, for any country

>instead of kludging together Google Voice, Skype, and whatsapp to cover my bases

no problem if not, but I could pinch the pennies by doing everything over data on my MVNO
>>
File: 145685188826.jpg (27KB, 480x715px) Image search: [Google]
145685188826.jpg
27KB, 480x715px
Whats the best photoshop version to get regarding tutorials and ease of use?
Which was the version that was legally free?
>>
File: 1401310195002.png (22KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1401310195002.png
22KB, 180x200px
>>60332194
am I the only one here who uses GNI/Linux but isn't a weaboo/uwu faggot? there is literally not a single Screenfetch thread with obvious CP! if someone just likes anime thats all fine with me and I am aware that this is an animesite but I think this shit is getting way out of control and it disgusts me in any possible way!
>>
>>60332365
You mean November update. It would be stupid of them to stop patches for Anniversary update when they haven't even finished rolling out its replacement yet.
>>
so im from a country with slow internet,i pay for 3mbs but i randomly did a speedtest because my downloads were kinbda faster and now the speed is 20 mb,ill have to pay for this?i never ordered an upgrade but dont wanna ask to the isp becuase they may cut it
>>
>>60333891
The news is where my dad gets all of his viruses from. He gets a lot. So, yes, there could be a bunch of malware
>>
>>60336360
>he thinks anything featuring virtual people under the arbitrary age of consent is porn
>>
why should any normal human beeing whatch at obvious sexual poses of underage girls and get off by thinking of it, I simply don't get it
>>
>>60336398
Are you paying a fixed rate? You should be able to tell if your payment has increased. If it has, you are entitled to complain that you didn't order an upgrade and should get refunded.
>>
>>60336440
>>60336511
ment to quote you
>>
>>60334000
Jailbreak, run BOCHS
>>
>>60336530
Wat?
>>
>>60336511
ill till i get this month's bill and then do what you said
>>
>>60336591
Alright!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (15KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
15KB, 1024x768px
I built my first computer today, but i'm running into problems.

windows doesn't boot. when i reach the screen seen in the picture, the logo doesn't even come up.
so i went into windows repair, and then it will freeze at the screen that says 'windows is loading files..'

what's making windows fail in the first place? i have all the cords in the right place i believe.
>>
I want to learn Python for penetration testing also
how to be comfortable with Linux but I need to use Windows for all the support I can't bother to fuck around in classes to get things to work. What do?
>>
>>60336617

Hardware issue. Remove ANYTHING the computer doesn't absolutely need to run, may include extra RAM sticks. If that doesn't work, reinstall again.
>>
>>60336657
ok makes sense thanks
>>
Hi /g/uys, I'm looking for an msata ssd but at the moment, there are no retailers selling the one I want (samsung 850 evo). I asked an online store when they'll have them back in stock, and their response was "end of life expectancy".

Does this mean that they wont be making msata ssd's anymore or can I wait a while for it to be back in stock...
>>
>>60332194
How useful is a cs minor for a completely unrelated (pharmacy) major? I think it sounds fun, but I'd have to take 20 credit hours a semester instead of 16/17. I'd like to know tech better, its a bit of a hobby of mine, but I don't know if foundations of cs, programming in c, object oriented programming etc. are useful for general programming and some enthusiast level stuff, or if I'd be better off just spending some free time learning linux/ python/ javascript etc. in my freetime instead. Thanks for the time, I'm just a bit confused and am not sure if I want to go all in on something I may never use again.
>>
>>60336823
You're better off with the latter, I'm in my final year of compsci and feel like I haven't learned a thing, you're better off learning from online resources.
>>
When I first installed Windows 10, I used this forum that had a program that basically made your copy legit and tricked Microsoft. I now need it again, but I've totally forgotten the name of the forum and program. Anyone know of it or where I could get something similar?
>>
File: 1475056762821.png (17KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475056762821.png
17KB, 1200x1200px
What's the best Jewtube extension a-la-Magic Actions?
I've been using that one for a while now but it started having issues lately so I'm looking for another one with similar features like the cinema mode, a dark theme to not burn my eyes and preferably a prebuffering function.

I'm on Botnet Chrome btw.
No, I don't care.
>>
>>60334971
I'm seriously not fucking with you guys. What is normal in this case?
>>
File: window.webm (331KB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
window.webm
331KB, 896x504px
the window keeps going above the monitor (it seems) and i can't get it down
i tried snapping it to the side and restarting it, but that didnt work

help
>>
>>60337098
Try Win+Down once or twice.

Alternatively, Alt+Space then M, then use the down arrow key.
>>
>>60336198
Store on one hard drive, then back up to another independent storage, preferably in a different physical location, or at least a different computer.
>>
>>60336893
Microsoft Toolkit.
>>
>>60334971
The normal way to do it is to not have any monitoring.

>>60336800
mSATA has been pretty much abandoned for new drives, M.2 has replaced it. 850 Evo isn't magic, there are lots of other suitable models to pick from.
>>
>>60337229
Not have any monitoring as in monitoring my own voice, or monitoring the sound coming out of my speakers?
>>
File: googled power supply.jpg (93KB, 1284x1080px) Image search: [Google]
googled power supply.jpg
93KB, 1284x1080px
>>60332194
Need help with PSU/Mobo shit. My PSU supports ATX12v with a 4+4pin cable, my mobo has an 8-pin EATX12v socket/port , the sleeved extender cable I bought is an 8-pin to EPS12v 8-pin cable. Will there be any compatibility issues?

tl;dr:
>Are ATX12v and EATX12v the same shit?
>Are 8-pin ATX12v cables and 8-pin EPS12v cables the same shit?
>>
Is there any way to get my mute button to work properly? It's a dedicated mute button not a set shortcut. I can mute no problem but when I unmute it by pressing the button again it will not play any sound until I got into pulseaudio volume control and enable the output. Is there any way I can get it working completely?

Also the next and previous track buttons don't work and I was wondering if there's a way to configure those so I don't need to open up the music player window to skip songs.
>>
>>60337245
As in no monitoring your own voice.
>>
>>60337373
Okay, thanks.

Now, do I listen to them through my headphones, or do I listen to them through my speakers?
>>
File: 1494123339958.png (327KB, 496x335px) Image search: [Google]
1494123339958.png
327KB, 496x335px
Hey guys I got a PRETTY nasty computer virus/malware.

I asked before on how to deal with it but NOTHING worked. What happens is randomly something on the screen like a captcha or a link or someone post will automatically copy and paste when I go to click on something.

I used 2 different mouses, two different OS (Winblows 7 and 10), I used MalwareBytes to scan my computer, I used Kaspersky to scan my computer, I disabled clipboard with firefox and I used two different keyboards.

I'm completely out matched by this fucking thing.

So does anyone know the process goes with backing up Windows 10 so when I nuked everything on my HDD I won't be out 100$?

I tried looking around on google but they mostly just mention upgrading Win7 to 10 process, Rather than nuking everything
>>
>>60337167
cool trick. thank you very much
>>
>>60337276
Same thing, different name. Officially it should be called EPS12V.
>>
>>60332194
My FreeNAS SMB share permissions get fucked everytime I mount it with Linux and Windows machines. I used FreeNAS for nearly 1 1/2 years now and endet up to use NFS shares only. Will switching to Openmediavault solve my permission problems with smb shares? also should I use seperate users for windows / linux?
>>
>>60337435
Thankyou.
>>
>>60337400
Either is fine, the mic on a headset is designed to mostly pick up sound from one direction, so while you'll still get some of the speaker audio mixed in it's usually good enough.
>>
>>60337328
Also I'm using debian 8.8 xfce if it really makes a difference
>>
Is it worth to have more than 4 gigs of VRAM?
>>
>>60337502
yes if you wish to play games at rather high-ish settings
>>
>>60337502
Hard to say, 4Gb is just enough for a vast majority of games. But I would rec 8GB or 6GB. Because games like JC3 and Deues Ex MD can use more than 4GB.
>>
Looking to build a fresh PC. Intended use will be heavy spreadsheeting and other data work, applications used will be Google Sheets on Chrome and LibreOffice Calc. There's no good reason to get an i5 over an i3 as it's all single-threaded right?
>>
Is there anything special about DVI-Dual Link cables?
I found an endangered species in the wild today, a Radioshack and they were having a clearance sale because you already know why. Went inside and found said DVI-Dual Link cable for like $17, was wondering because I need a DVI cable for my new Monitor and GTX1050, wanna move on from VGA.
>>
File: 1474827264842.jpg (112KB, 880x881px) Image search: [Google]
1474827264842.jpg
112KB, 880x881px
>>60337414
Nuke and boot?
>>
Where can I find a good ISO of Windows 10 Enterprise, with Redstone 2?
>>
Is there a guide to buying a TV and feeling satisfied?
>>
>>60337652
You'll always make a bad tv purchase
>>
>>60337714
So then sell the extra robots, fucking idiot.
>>
anyone know how to make task scheduler wait for an action to finish before running the next? for example if i do this:
taskkill program.exe
start program.exe

how do i make it so task manager will wait for program.exe to successfully be shut down before running start?
>>
>>60337652
http://thewirecutter.com/leaderboard/tvs/
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-tv/
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/
Honestly, it still a horrible time to buy TVs.
That's because companies not-named LG are trying to shock the rotting corpse of LCD back to life with QLED, the still-fresh standards for HDR are affecting the industry like 3D was a few years ago, and motion-blur is still being a problem even on OLED. But if you're going to anyway, I'd focus on a used 2016 LG OLED or the LG 55B7P which is their base OLED refresh model for 2017 (it has improved light output and panel uniformity over their 2016 stack). Think of it like the GTX 1080 Ti and every other model above it is basically a Titan XP.

Other good reviewers are hdtvtest.co.uk, and actually CNET under since they hired David Katzmaier several years ago.
>>
File: burd.jpg (38KB, 613x556px) Image search: [Google]
burd.jpg
38KB, 613x556px
my 8 year old's hard drive just died after making weird noises. if i replace it with my other laptop's hard drive, will it work? can it harm my computer? will it just boot the OS on the "new" hard drive?
>>
>>60338095
It should work, hard drive connections are very standardized and haven't changed much in quite a while. There are a few different form factors but if you're going laptop to laptop then it will probably fit. The only way you could harm your computer is if you try to force something that doesn't fit or something.

As for booting the OS from the old computer, it will try, but might not be successful depending on how different the hardware is. You may have to reinstall your OS for it to work.
>>
>>60337742
You could try putting a timeout there and hope that the task has died during it.

>>60338095
You'll probably run into many weird errors because of incompatible drivers and things like that.
>>
File: LockOnly[1].png (3KB, 373x454px) Image search: [Google]
LockOnly[1].png
3KB, 373x454px
qTox's ping sound effect is quiet as fuck to the point of me not noticing it alerting me when someone's messaging me unless I have the computer volume really fucking high. I have qTox's volume at max, so what the fuck? Why is it so quiet and how do I make it louder without making everything else loud as shit?
>>
>>60337438
I have a similar setup and i never encounter this problem, check the "apply default permissions on" on your freenas share and be aware that last Freenas update broke smb on windows and you need to use "ntlm auth = yes" on your share.
>>
File: IMAG0429.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0429.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
I know it's a console but fuck it, I'm anon and your insults cannot harm me (much).

Turned on TV and ps4 for the first time this year, visual snow is unbearable, how do I fix this? Or at least diagnose?

Yes I've gone through the Google stuff, tried in 1080p, 720 etc. My TV doesn't support HDR and I'm using some Amazon hdmi cable.
>>
>>60333289
>If I select to copy an entire disk to an image, will the image size be the size of the disk or the size of the space that's actually used on the disk?
it'll only copy /used/ space, for anything partition type it supports, which is most of them
it will fall back to dd otherwise, which dumps the whole thing, you can of course choose dd yourself if you need to (ex. forensic image)

>Also, if a disk has multiple partitions does it still copy it all into one image file?
pretty sure it's one image per volume
>>
>>60334032
yea, get a hdd big enough to store them, and periodically rsync
>>
>>60335620
yes, it is
>>60336013
no, but a second copy on a raid1 nas is
>>
>>60336283
i haven't touched any version newer than CS2
CS2 is the version you're thinking of, that got a DRM-less release
however, it's not free. it is only legally allowed to be used by license holders, the only difference is that it no longer actually checks if you're a license holder, as they shut down the license server
it's now easier to pirate, but it's still pirating if you don't already own a license for it
>>
If I want to set an HTML element's internal text, would I use
element.innerText
or
element.innerHTML
?
>>
>>60338627
innerHTML
>>
>>60338095
If you have room, make a new boot partition and change the old one to home
Reinstall when inside the new laptop
>>
>>60337573
Beautiful
>>
I've been a web developer professionally for ~4 years now. Have a BA from a UC in a language. Right now I am going back to school to get an MS in CS (in my 3rd quarter, 2 more to go).

School will cost in total ~50k. I was making $125k without an MS, now work part time for a lot less at the same company.

Am I stupid for having done this? Will I make more money?

SF bay area, somewhat intelligent guy who just turned 30. If the numbers seem high to you, welcome to San Francisco my friend.
>>
>>60338770
Unless the company basically told you they'd give you a better paying job if you did it, you just screwed yourself pretty good. Better hope they'll at least let you back in your old job.
>>
>>60338421
Snow is either bad cable, bad source device, or bad display. Try different ones if possible to narrow it down.
>>
what's the best video editing software for an aspiring youtuber?
currently use vegas pro 13 and 14, but they're too complicated/ slow to render/ have an ugly UI
>>
>>60338840
Pick one and learn it well, which one you use doesn't matter anywhere near as much as how well you use it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-12-00-34-37.png (511KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-12-00-34-37.png
511KB, 1440x2560px
Thoughts on pic related? Looking for a cheap tablet to stream movies/anime from my server while I lay in bed.
>>
>>60338836
Damn. I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy a new cable... Can't use pc when (normie) friends are over though...

There a go to brand?
>>
>>60338840
>Vegas Pro
>too complicated
You must not be very smart then if Sony Vegas is very complicated. It's one of the most user-friendly softwares out there.
>slow to render
Stop making hour long videos and trying to render it on your 1999 laptop. Get better hardware.
>>
Using FF44 and YouTube pages started loading a different font a few hours ago. ABP wasn't the cause because when I disabled it, nothing changed. I don't mind Arial, but Arial on YT has NEVER been a thing of mine and never will be. What's going on?
>>
>>60338861
Monoprice.
>>
>>60338856
more like ASSpen
>>
>>60338856
>stream
>1280x800
>>
>>60338856
Get a cherry trail instead of a bay trail if you're buying a new tablet.
>>
>>60338879
I'll take it that means Azpen is garbage tier as a brand? Is there any windows tablets made by big name companies that don't cost $500+? At that point I might as well buy a Surface.
>>60338881
Resolution isn't super important to me considering it's price point. 1080p would be nice but not mandatory.
>>
>>60338881
Most anime is 720p.
>>
>>60338856
You can get a 64GB Surface for like 90 dollars, wouldn't that be better? Check on amazon
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-12-00-49-00.png (503KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-12-00-49-00.png
503KB, 1440x2560px
>>60338856
What about pic related? As a brand, how is a company like Nu-Vision?
>>60338931
I'd prefer new. I have a bad track record with used tech.
>>
can normies send me emails to an OpenNIC top level domain address through their default ISP's DNS settings?
>>
Can I do smart tests on disks in radiz or will everything crash and burn if I do?
>>
>>60339006
you can, different layer
>>
>>60338931
woah your're right. are they good for basic stuff?
>>
>>60339011
Is this supposed to fail?
:~# smartctl -t conveyance /dev/sda
smartctl 6.6 2016-05-31 r4324 [x86_64-linux-4.9.0-2-amd64] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF OFFLINE IMMEDIATE AND SELF-TEST SECTION ===
Conveyance Self-test functions not supported

Sending command: "Execute SMART Conveyance self-test routine immediately in off-line mode".
Command "Execute SMART Conveyance self-test routine immediately in off-line mode" failed: scsi error badly formed scsi parameters
>>
on wangblows, why the fuck can't I sort folders by size?
>>
File: Untitled.png (11KB, 313x631px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11KB, 313x631px
Dicking around with super basic VBA, when I use any + or - grades it returns the base result. Anyone know why that is?
For example, B+ returns 3 and A- returns 4.

And yes I realize the points variable is redundant
>>
>>60339184
no
does it happen to be this?
https://www.smartmontools.org/ticket/278

try doing some searches with your storage controller as a term
>>
>>60339205
use floats nigga
>>
Can you install linux on those intel sticks?
>>
>>60339228
Device model is HGST HDN724030ALE640.

A short test seemed to work fine.
>>
>>60339230
oh fuck, I'm retarded.

Thanks man
>>
>>60339189
Calculating folder size on NTFS can take quite a while, so it's avoided where possible.

There are third party Explorer replacements that can do folder size.

>>60339247
Yes. The lowest end 8GB storage 1GB RAM one only came with ubuntu linux, all the other variants can install it too https://liliputing.com/2015/07/simplest-way-to-load-ubuntu-on-intel-compute-stick-with-windows-so-far.html
>>
Is $600 for a used Dell XPS 13 9343 a good price? It has the touchscreen, i7 and 3200x1800 screen on it. I don't actually know how much it cost when it came out.
>>
File: 1481235008398.jpg (10KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1481235008398.jpg
10KB, 217x190px
can someone please help me find a decently cheap yet good quality mouse on amazon? i can't seem to find one without a ton of serious one star recent ratings :s
>>
>>60332194
I really think that I want to become a technical writer. I have always been a strong writer, and I have always had an interest in how things work. That being said, I graduated with an MIS degree, with no technical writing classes under my belt.

How do I build a portfolio for technical writing from scratch?
>>
>>60339350
What do you actually do with an MIS degree? Like what's a typical workday?
>>
>>60339326
Impressive deal, $200 under the lowest price tier. Might want to check out the battery though since that's not user replaceable.
>>
File: CsxArw5VMAAJbc2.jpg (119KB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
CsxArw5VMAAJbc2.jpg
119KB, 1024x744px
>>60339367
It depends where you come from. If you go to a top tier school for it like i did(RIT), you often times get put into a business analyst position. Which means you are the person between the business and the IT department. You know both terms, so when business needs a solution, you can translate it to use cases and programming solutions.

Pretty lucrative career, but idk, i didnt have the gpa for it, so I am currently taking Certs for IT, but desu, I kind of was thinking about technical writing, as i used to be a history major and I currently write for a couple websites as a hobby.
>>
>>60339326
>$600 for a used Dell XPS 13 9343
Very nice
>>
>>60339457
>>60339395
Fug, I might have to actually scrounge together enough for it then
>>
File: 1409537169763.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1409537169763.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
If at all, what do you guys do to back up your computer and/or media?

I thought about doing a RAID 1 of my media drive, but that requires me to offload my media elsewhere to set it up, which requires additional resources I don't have.

I have a copy of Acronis from work, so considering that.
>>
>>60339568
This day and age, I'd only recommend something that isn't attached to your network unless you're using it to back up.

Almost lost 12TB of media due to a cryptolocker.
>>
File: forums.thesims.com_.png (174KB, 1042x358px) Image search: [Google]
forums.thesims.com_.png
174KB, 1042x358px
>>60339342
Do you use more of a palm grip or a claw grip?
>>
>>60339610
claw grip, but everyone i know uses palm grip
>>
>>60339568
I have a fileserver with around 8TB of space (raidz1), and I back that up every two weeks or so to a 10TB drive which I store offline in a drawer.
>>
File: 1373332665425.jpg (21KB, 329x224px) Image search: [Google]
1373332665425.jpg
21KB, 329x224px
>>60339610
i'm the op from >>60339342 and i use a palm grip.. lol someone else replied to your reply directed towards me
>>
File: 1474203584429.jpg (133KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
1474203584429.jpg
133KB, 850x638px
I've salvaged a RAM from old laptop to increase the RAM of a different laptop.
But I think it's speed are not the same as the one already in that laptop.

Will that affect it in any way?
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 957x208px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 957x208px
>>60332194
I just built a new comp and all that shit and then I go to look at all the new hard drive space to see this. A random disk was partitioned in this weird way on the install to have this recovery partition and now I basically cant do anything with it. Does anyone know a way to delete/reformat this disk completely?

I tried the command prompt stuff windows suggests and it simply wont delete it.
>>
I'm looking for a safe desktop or screen sharing program that can also do audio sharing as well anyone know of anything?
>>
>>60339318
>There are third party Explorer replacements that can do folder size.

I'll look into them, thanks. I'm actually kind of surprised that I never noticed until now that this isn't possible. I always figured the folder sizes were at least indexed or something so that this could be possible.
>>
How do I stop i3 from looping over containers when navigating with jkl;? Meaning, if I press mod+j while on the leftmost container, I want it to not do anything, rather than going back to the right.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>60332194
I'm moving my workstation to another part of the room.
Now the thing is, I need to have a wired connection and can't rely on wifi.

I don't know what to do, do I get a long ass Ethernet cable?

Or what kind of cable do I need to connect from where the fiber starts to my modem. If it makes any sense.

Pls help
>>
>>60339913
yes, long ass ethernet is what goes around your house/flat

fiber cable comes in and goes in to converter or whatever its called with usually single rj45 (ethernet) output. Thats where you start thinking about your local network.

Either directly going to a router that will do wifi and also gives you more ports to connect more wired shit, or just cable to the router which will sit on some more useful, approachable location

but do you even have fiber going inside? Usually its ethernet but depends if you are flat or house I guess
>>
>>60339689
that disk probably has your bootloader, and it's formatted in MBR. You can't wipe the disk without reinstalling, and you can't use more than 2tb of that disk without wiping it. Welcome to Windows.
>>
>>60339965
Outside the house there's this big rectangular "box", I guess that's the converter? from there a black cable goes inside the house to a little box, then a white cable connects that little box to the router.

Forgive me, I don't know anything about this stuff.

I guess I'll get a longer Ethernet cable to avoid any issues.
>>
>>60339654
where's the toilet
>>
is there anything to stop me swapping 1 laptop pcie wifi card for another newer model?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>60339649
>>60339626
Hmm... Well, I also use a palm grip and I ordered both the Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G403 to test out for 3 weeks last year because I wanted a simple mouse without 10,000 buttons. I ended up keeping the G403 because it comes with an insert-able weight that I liked for more centered balance and also in giving the mouse a little heft which feels robust in hand without also making the cursor require a lot of hand/wrist strength to move. Without the weight they both felt equally light.

Also despite the fact that the DeathAdder is also comfortable on its own, the middle center of the mouse arch is raised higher than the G403. That is, it's shape is more of a half-moon profile than the gentle oval-swoop of the G403 so you naturally want to cup it with a more inclined claw grip vs. the relatively flat palming of the G403. I originally was just going to order just the Razer after having it on my wishlist for so long and believed even when I had ordered the other one along with it that I was probably going to like the DeathAdder more, but after swapping back and forth with them I found my expectations reversed.

So I guess my advice is that above, and also you should really to order like 2-3 mice at once (and return all except the one you like best) if aren't near a store that will let you have some hands-on time with them. The G403 was on sale for $30 when I got it and now it floats for $60 so it may not be what's in your price range now. For some other recommendations/help see this:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1139543/official-the-mouse-suggestion-thread

This is also a good review site/channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtt5qwYDasw
http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/mouse-reviews/
>>
making a website. trying to make a jacascript slideshow. on the start of the webpage the slideshow isn't active and all the images are shown down the page until the next image button is pressed. how can i make it so that only the first image in the slideshow will appear on page startup?
>>
File: fiber-optic-cables.jpg (25KB, 525x323px) Image search: [Google]
fiber-optic-cables.jpg
25KB, 525x323px
>>60340140
fiber cable is really thin compared to your typical ethernet
so if the black one is not suspiciously thin, then its not fiber and its just regular ethernet
>>
RB2D.AddForce(input * movementSpeed);

This is making my character model move at a constant speed. I've got it so it's got a max speed and doesn't accelerate any faster than that. My question is how do I stop it's constant speed in one direction? For example, if I hold down the left arrow it'll move towards the left constantly until I move it to the right and even out the X value.
>>
>>60340303
it's thin. like that one.
>>
>>60339824
>safe
They're unsafe by design though.
>>
>>60340306
key press vs key hold events?

>>60340321
so the second box is the converter, the first one is probably just some fiber switch or thing that connects two cables together as its not trivial with fiber
>>
>>60340216
The bios could have a whitelist of cards that it'll accept. To get around this you'd need to flash the bios with a replacement.
>>
>>60340344
>so the second box is the converter, the first one is probably just some fiber switch or thing that connects two cables together as its not trivial with fiber
I see
>>
>>60332373
How about get good at CE first before you mess with Ruby.
>>
Is there a decent site for cracked Android .apks? There are a couple autistic little puzzle games I like enough that I want the full, ad-free versions. For reasons not worth going into, I don't want to pay.
>>
>>60339654
The higher speed one will match the lower speed one no problem
>>
>>60340882
I see, will this significantly affect performance?
>>
>>60340901
Unless it's from 2004, no not really. If it fits it'll be fine.
>>
I have an Acer Aspire 5742Z. One day I got really mad about something and started hitting the right side area of the laptop's touchpad Which is directly above where the HDD is located of this laptops model. After that my laptop doesn't bootup, It goes to the Acer startup screen and then tries to reboot again. It does this until the battery is dead or is manually removed. Even holding the power button for 10 seconds doesn't make it stop. I can't even go into BIOS it just keep rebooting. So my questions, Did I fuck up the HDD? I've never had a crashed HDD before so I don't know the symptoms, Or Did I fuck up something major?
>>
File: 1447311953754.jpg (394KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1447311953754.jpg
394KB, 1050x1400px
What's the difference between VPN and proxy?
>>
>>60340934
Usually proxies have no encryption.
The proxy is some website you connect to on the internet like anything else that forwards your shit.
A VPN is a virtual network you latch onto that supports a wide variety of security operations as well.
>>
>>60340934
>What's the difference between a burger and a sandwich?
>>
>>60340961
If I use proxy to visit a site that uses SSL, will the username/passoword be compromised?
>>
>>60340987
SSL will work fine. It does with your ISP and they're the same shit.
>>
>>60340963
Is a hot dog a sandwich?
>>
>>60341012
My ISP have blocked some sites, and I'm looking for free options.
>>
>>60341043
http://www.proxy4free.com/
>>
>>60341059
Thanks, but these require you to use their own in browser proxy.
I was looking for more like IP/port combination.
Can I login to sites like Facebook/Wikipedia without risking my credential being leaked?
>>
>>60341103
It actually depends on the set up. So assume yes. I deleted my previous post.
Assume the proxy is an effective man in the middle attacker and they can do what that entails
>>
I'm using mpv with --sub-auto-all because my subs files don't match my video files. Is there a way to get the next subs file to be selected when the current video file ends?
>>
>>60341189
Even if the site that I want to login uses SSL?
Wasn't HTTPS made to prevent MitM attacks?
>>
Hey /g/ what is unix and why does everything I read about learning to program tell me to install it?
>>
How do i get f.lux to work correctly in my Moto G?
>>
>>60341221
Unix is an operating system kernel developped in the seventies. What people recommend is that you install a unix-like operating system (e.g. linux, BSD, OSX...). Unix-like operating systems aren't necessary if you want to learn how to program.
I'd recommend starting with html, css and javascript, this way you won't have to install anything because everything can be run in your browser.
>>
>>60341218
You'll be fine if you don't give them your certs. Sometimes they ask.
>>
>>60341250
Red shift from f-droid Android app store
>>
>>60341275
>if you don't give them your certs. Sometimes they ask.
I doubt someone would be stupid enough to do that.
I want to use this
http://www.sslproxies.org/
>>
>>60341323
>I want to
Why even bother coming here? Fuck off.
>>
>>60341323
>http://www.sslproxies.org/
Looks fine. This is the stuff you use to get rare flags.
>>
How do you change the terminal hostname colour?
Gnome terminal if that helps.
>>
how do I download a single file from github?

I'm trying to do
wget "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/occivink/mpv-scripts/master/encode.lua"

but the result is in some weird encoding that I can't read with any editor

what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>60341365
I live in country where wikipedia is blocked.
I have a need to satisfy my hunger for knowledge.
>>60341373
I'm not interested in going to /pol/ with custom flags.
I just need to access some blocked sites, while maintaining a safe level of security.
Thanks for replying.

What about data saver services/Data compression servers that some browsers provide like Opera, and chrome?
>>
what are some good performance benchmarking tests to use?
most of my hardware is pretty old and I'm wondering if I'm in any need to upgrade soon
>>
>>60341400
>
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/occivink/mpv-scripts/master/encode.lua

What does that do?
>>
>>60341404
There's always Tor you know.
>>
>>60341417
https://github.com/occivink/mpv-scripts#encodelua
>>
>>60341400
Open in browser then save file as.
>>
>>60341432
>using TOR to bypass a block to see some wikipedia pages
>>
>>60341465
wow thanks I had no idea that was an option or that I could just copy & paste the text or something like that
>>
Buying a laptop. Need something with decent battery power, linux 'friendly', not too expensive and somewhat upgradeable.

Less than 14" please
>>
>>60341498
Price range?
>>
>>60341498
I bought an asus laptop a while ago, it's an x55OCA, it's really nice so far but I'm pretty sure there's tons of different models and they're cheap too.
>>
What is the difference between being hired as an engineer or as a consultant?
I just want to sit in a basement and invent cool stuff.
>>
>>60341021
It is a taco/sandwich hybrid.
>>
>>60341510
the lower the better, but if it is worth it I don't mind spending ~1000$

most of the work I do is programming, and rarely some virtualization and etc.
>>
>>60341498
HP stream 13"
>>
>>60341558
>HP stream 13"

>Need something with decent battery power
>Below-average battery life
>>
>>60341577
>Below-average battery life
If you use windows.
If you use Linux you can get about 6 hours.
>>
does clover support https?
>>
>>60341486
Your money.
>>
>>60341590
in my experience linux gives less battery power...
>>
>>60341748
install tlp
>>
File: 1491863079601.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491863079601.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Hey guys, how do you get collisions to work?

I've tried this:

void OnCollisionEnter(Collision col) {

Debug.Log ("Yo nigga");

}

void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other){

Debug.Log ("Yo nigga");

}

So when something collides and when something triggers. Neither is displaying anything in the console.
>>
Whats the best tool/program/extension for downloading streaming videos from web sites?

And I don't want online services/sites as they usually dont download high quality and dont download content form premium sites.
>>
>>60341917
youtube-dl
>>
if i unsub (cancel paid subscription) my Google Play Music and sub again a few weeks later: will the "my music" section and playlists be restored or do i need to add everything again?
>>
why my games doesnt look as smooth as gameplay vids? Im running stable 60 fps ultra but vids of 60fps gameplay on YT look much smoother
>>
>>60341486
yes?
>>
File: Gummy.jpg (60KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gummy.jpg
60KB, 600x400px
Hi guys, i have an Mini-ITX build on my desk. Atm i have just one SSD. Do u think a Hdd would be a noisefactor? Any silent recommendations? Thx
>>
Any good Snapchat alternatives that aren't Casper and they do not need root?
>>
Is there a lisp that doesn't have a garbage collector and allocates memory on the stack instead?

How does it work?
>>
How can I losslessly convert a swf to a mp4 or other video format that Webm for retards will accept? I want the converted video file to have no visible compression relative to the original swf.

An anon suggested just using ffmpeg and I tried the script he suggested (http://boards.4chan.org/g/thread/60322832#p60323203) but the resulting video file has no video, only audio.

Is there any screen capture software that can capture a certain window losslessly that I could do it with?
>>
File: 1494384389558.jpg (446KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1494384389558.jpg
446KB, 843x1034px
Uuuugh how do I access /bant/ with clover?
>>
>>60342110
Everything stays. You can even see it when not subscribed.
>>
>>60342409
same anon here
run
ffprobe the.swf

as post output
or even just link to the swf
if it's an swf animation (and not just an swf-wrapped video), then ffmpeg alone can't do it, it needs to be rendered by flash player and captured
>>
>>60342358
HDDs do make noise, how much you care is up to you. If possible, go 5400/5900RPM over 7200RPM, and/or 2.5" over 3.5" for quieter.
>>
Is there any difference between ALAC and FLAC? Will ALAC converted to FLAC sound any different than the same rip as FLAC first?
>>
>>60342427
>>60342409
oh yea, i also just happened to do a capture of an swf animation yesterday, so i might be able to do one for you if you like
>>
>>60342432
So long as the conversion is only touching the compression, and not doing any resampling/editing of any kind, they're identical.
>>
Recently bought a pair of wireless noise cancelling hp for in the office. I noticed how fast it kills my phone's battery using bluetooth and generally just listening to music the whole day. Thinking of buying buying an Ipod Touch (for Spotify).

Does anyone knows if it allows drag and drop for music? Or am I forced to use Itunes?
>>
>>60342432
>>60342458
the audio itself will be identical, but metadata might be changed or lost, depending on what supports what
>>
>>60342427
>>60342444
Here's the swf: filedropper DOT com SLASH intro_9

I'm about to head to bed so if you do conver it/capture it lossessly for me and upload it, make sure the link/file will still be up for at least 24 hours
>>
>>60335885
thanks for this anon
>>
>>60342466
i'll have a look
>>
>>60342462
Why don't you just get a charger or power bank for the phone?

It doesn't do drag and drop, have to either use itunes or some kind of cloud storage. Spotify can do that.
>>
>>60336398
It sounds like you did the latter test at a time when your ISPs network was far less congested. Try doing a speedtest throughout the day and write down the results you get as time goes along.
>>
>>60342474
hope they help
I just found out about this https://github.com/occivink/mpv-scripts#encodelua (which allows you to pass the timestamps directly from mpv, which would make it a lot more handy than having to manually input the timestamps yourself) and I'm trying to implement it with my scripts. Right now I've got it to work with files on disk but I still need to get it to work with http URLs

follow the progress here >>60342490
>>
>>60342409
>>60342466
I don't really see why you can't just use any screen recorder, if it's being encoded at the right bitrate you really won't notice the difference between a lossless capture of it if it's just a small SWF animation
>>
File: gindows.jpg (471KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
gindows.jpg
471KB, 2272x1704px
Which storage setup is best for working with millions of tiny files? I've got several terabytes of data that I'm trying to sort out and it's mostly consisting of tiny encrypted files that are split up in thousands of directories. I've gathered that XFS is pretty much the worst file system for this purpose, is ext4 the way to go here? Also would it make a difference to split them up among different partitions? I have them in groups, some groups are a Terabyte or more and some groups are just a couple hundred gigabytes, so I'm considering LVM to keep them in their own file systems.

Basically I want to make read/write times as optimized as possible. Something like running a `du -sh` command on one of the groups shouldn't have to take 20 minutes.
>>
>>60332194

The fuck does oldbrush become here?

HBRUSH hOldBrush = static_cast<HBRUSH>(SelectObject(m_BFDC, GetStockObject(WHITE_BRUSH))); 
>>
>>60342474
Also, my scripts are made to make file sizes between 2.95MiB and 3.00MiB, so if you want less strict parameters just lower the value of MINSIZE (line 8, value in bytes) to whatever is acceptable to you.
>>
>>60342432
It's lossless, so it's always going to be the exact same quality as long as it has not been transcoded from lossy at any point. Only way you can really determine that is by checking the spectrogram.
>>
I have USB 3.0 docking station, a 6tb 3.5" driver, cable is USB 3.0 and I can't get it working on Windows 10.

The piece of shit just stops transferring files if they are larger than 800megs, and sometimes below that too. I've tried to fix this for a week and I can't find a solution.

Every other USB devices works perfectly. The device actually READS perfectly. Chkdsk doesn't give any error, but when i try to transfer shit to it fucking goes 99/100 times to 0b/s and disk usage ramps upto 100% and it just jams, doesn't respond, breaks the fucking explorer exe breaks windows desktop manager
>>
>>60342556
ext4 (possibly with journalling off)/reiser/btrfs are likely candidates. Do some benchmarking on a chunk of your data to see what's best for you.

In terms of hardware, PCIe SSD would be preferred, and a nice fast CPU.

If it's easily splittable into separate groups I'd do that.
>>
So I bought this router:
http://www.netis-systems.com/Home/detail/id/55.html

How do I turn it on? There's no power button anywhere, connecting it to the power does nothing.
>>
>>60342466
>>60342486
https://p.fuwafuwa.moe/benlrf.mkv
>>
>>60342797
The manual says to wait a minute after plugging in.
>>
So I had something listed on eBay for a flat Buy it Now price, and someone bought it a few days ago, but I'm not really satisfied with the price I charged for it and kind of want them to give me a bit more money before I ship it. How should I go about asking? Can I just invoice them for the extra amount or what? Buyer is getting antsy and asking when I'm going to ship so I'd like to get this taken care of quick before they leave me a negative or something.
>>
Did adblocker suddenly stop working on 4chan for anyone else?
>>
I want a way to remotely shut down my rooted android phone with an sms containing a certain string. The app on XDA doesn't work. Any suggestions please? Can something be done with termux and its android API?
>>
>>60342941
I've waited for a few minutes but apparently after reconnecting all the cables again and waiting a minute it fired up, kinda weird because up until that point not even the power LED would light up. Thanks for taking the time to look into it anyway.
>>
>>60342964
Lol what? You can't do that, it's already bought, if you do that you deserve a bad rating
>>
KMSpico or Microsoft Toolkit for Win10 and Office 2016?
>>
>>60343250
I used Microsoft Toolkit and it works great
>>
Is there any way to edit the wifi connection settings (i.e. password) via editing files on the ssd card?
>>
Good 4chan thread downloader on Windows?
>>
>>60343681
palemoon
>>
>>60343796
Preferably not a different browser altogether
>>
>>60343671
Can you explain this a bit more please?
>>
What's the best BitTorrent client for Windows? I know uTorrent is shit.
>>
How do I bruteforce a tripcode?
>>
>>60343870
Deluge, not very good for large amounts of torrents though (500+)
>>
>>60343870
Tixati for public trackers/DHT, Deluge/uTorrent 2.2.1 for private trackers
>>
>>60343875
https://github.com/meriken/merikens-tripcode-engine-v3
https://github.com/madsbuvi/MTY_CL

i dont think it's actually feasible to crack a single existing tripcode with a desktop computer
Thread posts: 371
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.