[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF is going on. Ubuntu, SUSE Linux, and Fedora are all coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170511-123450.png (589KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170511-123450.png
589KB, 1080x1920px
WTF is going on.
Ubuntu, SUSE Linux, and Fedora are all coming to the Windows Store
>>
>>60332149
and?
>inb4 OMG LINUX DEAD BTFO AHAHAHA
winfags are so retarded
>>
No wonder why why windows 10 is "free"
>>
>>60332149
>You will be able to download these distro’s from the store and install them side-by-side on your PC(s)
Cool now I won't have to get my hands dirty in that disgusting UEFI mess, I can just one click install and dual booting will actually work like the good old days.
>>
>>60332149
making windows less shit is a plus for me(i fix other's machines for a living)
>>
>>60332222
Can't you turn off UEFI?
>>
Cool - they re-invented the virtual machine.
>>
I could do that 20 million years ago with VMs
>>
>>60332302
Yes I've always had to enable legacy boot on UEFI machines to install windows but it's always caused me headaches and glitchy shit.
>>
>>60332328
>>60332329
This isn't VM, is Linux code running natively on Windows.
>>
>>60332302
Not when dual booting
But it look like they made a virtual box and installed Linux with only CLI. Nothing impressive. It just shows how much they need Linux.
>>
>>60332358
Or at least it seems most of the new workers in microsoft grew up with some kind of unix shell(maybe most of them had macs) and the linux subsystem seemed like a good idea.
>>
>>60332355
So? They'll make it easier for devs to compile. The devs could just use a USB and transfer to a linux PC otherwise.
>>
>>60332302
>>60332302
>>60332415
For me, I first switched to Linux because of that, but I never looked back.
>>
>implying they won't all be vulnerable back door riddled versions to honey pot the slightly less normal normies
>>
I can't find Ubuntu on the store...
>>
>>60332492
It might be FAKE JEWS
>>
>>60332492
depends on region and preview build desu neko chan
>>
>>60332358
>t-t-they just need linux
EEE
say bye bye to the pretty birdy!
>>
Linux is dead hahaha BTFO xD
>>
>>60332587
> xD
Reddit please
>>
>>60332149
So are they confirmed botnet now?
>>
>>60332355
>linux
you mean gnu
i usually call "gnu+linux" just linux, but this doesn't include linux, it's literally just gnu
>>
>>60332174
>>60332587
LINUX BANKRUPT AND BTFO
>>
File: knoppix.png (219KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
knoppix.png
219KB, 1024x768px
this isn't even an original idea
anyone remember colinux?
>>
>>60332149
Does this mean i don't have to fiddle around with msys anymore to compile my shit on windows?
>>
>"If Microsoft ever does applications for Linux it means I've won."
>linux torvoldos, 1998
>>
>>60332747
colinux was shit. but your could build and run xorg and kde in cygwin
>>
>>60332801
Yes and no. The Windows subsystem for Linux is a full-on Linux distribution, that runs ELF binaries. That is to say, yes, you can compile stuff with it, but what you get is a Linux executable, not a Windows .EXE. Unless you use a cross-compiler within the Linux subsystem at which point you're better off just going back to msys/mingw.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.