[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: s340-18b.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
s340-18b.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
Why half of /g/ wastes space like this? You are supposed to have water cooling in there.

Why do you ppl buy cases for water cooling setups and then dont water cool and have half of your case empty?

I dont get it.
>>
>>60332056
they're retarded
also watercooling is a meme
>>
>why is this allowed
Because you aren't a dictator who can ban things he doesn't like. Please kill yourself.
>>
Pumps are too loud t b h
>>
>want air cooling
>case is full of air
I don't see the problem here
>>
>>60332056
Well to have space for future expansion, maybe you don't have the money to get watercooled right out of the gate but plan to invest into it in the future.
>>60332098 it isn't a meme lower temps are good for your components, it is only bad if you can't make it leak free.
>>
>>60332167
>future expansion

future expansion is the biggest meme of all, it happens like in 1% of cases. In other 99% your hw is already obsolete so you just get a whole new rig.
>>
>>60332167
it is a meme
you have to buy liquids every fucking month and if that shit leaks over your components you're totally fucked
>muh hardware temps
>>
>>60332182
>In other 99% your hw is already obsolete so you just get a whole new rig.

You know you can put the new hardware into the old case right?
>>
>>60332056
That's where the DVD drive goes, retard.
>>
File: gulag_card.jpg (29KB, 600x548px) Image search: [Google]
gulag_card.jpg
29KB, 600x548px
>>60332056
>It's another "OP thinks other people need to justify themselves to him and retards reply anyways" episode
>>
>>60332182
I expanded my rig already, whole new case and gpu the other guts just moved. Now I plan to change all the other stuff, so in essence yeah a completely new rig, but not all at once.
>>60332199
simple clear distilled water will run for 2 years man, you don't need to put those neon green shiny matte looking crap into your loops and you are fine, leaks only happen if you can't tighten the fittings, which is your fault not the loop's.
>>
>>60332056
>You are supposed to have water cooling in there.
Why? I need the space for my hard drives.
>>
>>60332216
>>60332275

you cant put HDD nor DVD there, no slots
>>
>supposed to
No I'm not. Water cooling is stupid and introduces unnecessary risks. It should only be used in very niche applications, not your desktop computer.
>>
>>60332056 (OP)
>>60332316
That's why i'd not buy a case like that.

>>60332624
> Water cooling is stupid and introduces unnecessary risks

same opinion. The only reason i see to watercool the CPU is to take the weight off of the mainboard.
>>
>>60332056
>No 5.25"
Still using a DVD drive.

Also using a large case to have space for further expansions, dual graphics cards, a large radiator and seven fans in total. I have enough space on my desk.
>>60332182
Not really. I use my case since 2015 and upgraded a lot since then. Not a single part except the fans and DVD drive are the same I had in 2015.
>>
>>60332056
future-prufing.
>>
>>60332056
Water cooling is just objectively inferior to air cooling
>>
>>60332056
can't you put fans there?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.