[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reCAPTCHA and Privacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: recaptcha.png (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
recaptcha.png
55KB, 512x512px
Can /g/ redpill me on Google's reCAPTCHA?
>>
Ironically enough it collects very little information on you.
>>
>>60326611
But what is the purpose of that which it does?
>>
>>60326634
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-work_system
>>
>>60326634
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA

Prevent spam obviously.

And google wants people to tag their images for machine larning.
>>
>>60326634
Its purpose is pretty nebulous. However, my best guess as to how it works is that it correlates data it already has on you with data that's immediately available to it to double check that its browsing history that they've already recorded of you is human like.

Google's one click captcha is more about the data they already have on you rather than what they collect through it.
>>
>>60326730
>Google's one click captcha is more about the data they already have on you rather than what they collect through it.
It's also based on your behavior (scrolling. mouse clicks.) while on the website in which you click the captcha.
>>
>>60326611
could you elaborate?
doesn't it collect practically your whole browsing history?
>>
>>60326661
Basically they are making you work for free
>>
>>60327834
>>60327983
Have you wondered how does google managed to develop their self-driving car? All those "street signs" you have to select on their captchas are used to train the image recongition software they use in the cars.
>>
>>60328847
So say I've been doing this wrong on purpose, this will cause car accidents?
>>
>>60328847
I can smell bullshit
>>
>>60328949
It does make a lot of sense though. Think about the images you're selecting. You're selecting images of cars, gas stations, street signs, shop fronts, building numbers, etc. What would find those kinds of images useful? Self driving cars. What is Google currently developing? Self driving cars.
>>
>>60326634
>But what is the purpose of that which it does?

AI training. Google's AI is a self-learning system that requires human input to train.

I'm guessing that all the focus on vehicle and road-sign identification is for their self-driving car AI. Maybe also for Google street view. (Notice that street view tends to blur out stuff it doesn't need to, so obviously the street view AI could use some improvements.)
>>
>>60326634
image recognition, you're training their data banks just so you can make a shitty post on 4chan
it's the equivalent of unpaid labor and (((they))) love it since (((they))) are making millions from your free labor while you have the gratification of spouting your useless shitty opinion on the internet
>>
>>60328895
>So say I've been doing this wrong on purpose, this will cause car accidents?
Wow. I never thought about that. #machineethics
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.