[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PLP Monitor Configuration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: PLP.jpg (72KB, 716x535px) Image search: [Google]
PLP.jpg
72KB, 716x535px
Does anyone here use their monitors in PLP configuration? (That's Portrait, Landscape, Portrait)

It looks to me to be the comfiest setup going around as you get your primary monitor for GAYMING and two portrait monitors for documents and coding.

I am looking for a package of 3 monitors that support this orientation with a minimum of 1080 resolution. I would ideally like the center monitor to be 4k, but assume it will present an issue if the outside monitors are a different resolution?

To suit my autisms, it needs to be a configuration where the bezels are quite slim and all the monitors line up. You see some onlline where there is height mismatches and it looks like monkey shit.

What are your thoughts and recommendations?
Have you tried it" Love it or hate it?

I am moving from two landscape 24" Dell monitors at work, don't really see the point in triple landscape.
>>
Does anyone make this setup off the shelf for this purpose?
>>
>>60323497
Pixel-perfect arrangement would be 20+30+20 1200x1600 + 2560x1600
For 4k center you could try to find some 2048x1152 but I've only seen such monitors once years ago

I've tried 1600x1200+1920x1200+1600x1200 (misaligned because fuck 4:3 21" prices) and for most tasks it was better than dual 1920x1200
>>
>>60323646
Thank you brother, that's incredibly helpful.

How do you like PLP for your workflow?
>>
>>60323731
Great, I could focus on the main task (be it coding or vidya) while usually dedicating one side display to additional info (google/guides/tutorials/notes) and another to background stuff like mail/chat and music or youtube.
Too bad my main display died recently so I'm down to dual 4:3 now, saving up for some 30" greatness.
Dual-monitor only works good for some very specific workflosws where your attention is spread equally, something like design/painting/modelling with reference materials on one display and your project on the other.
>>
File: serveimage1.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage1.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
good luck, you best bet is getting old 16:10 monitors
>>
>>60323985
As if there are no new 16:10 monitors now. The only issue is their cost.
>>
I've been using this configuration for a while. Reading what OP wrote about height mismatch, my set up might seem lopsided. However, in practice I don't feel like I'm a missing space above and below the landscape monitor. It doesn't feel like I'm looking at a sideways T. I just see the content is wide on one side, and tall on the other. There is no jolt when I switch glances. Yes, if I could afford a big ass display for my landscape display I would do it - not because I wanted a "bay window" panorama in front of me, but because I would get more content in there.

Also, I've been a multi-head user since windows 2k and have had LLL as well as
LL
LL
and as far as how my eye navigates, it doesn't really make a huge difference how the screens are aligned or sized. Your brain unifies the separate perspectives into a whole.
>>
>>60323497

I use 3x19" 4:3 in PLP for work. Moved to that from 2x24" 16:10

I'm not programmer tho but general business administration.
>>
File: DisplayFusionSetup.png (73KB, 892x172px) Image search: [Google]
DisplayFusionSetup.png
73KB, 892x172px
>>60323497
>height mismatches and it looks like monkey shit
I aligned my portrait displays to the top of my primary monitor and it really doesn't look bad.

Anyway, I use a 40" 4K and two 2007FPs (which I love, but plan to replace with U2415s eventually). The U2415 should be the exact same height as the 40" monitor (A399U).

So if you really want that 4K center display, buy that first and then look up horizontal measurements to find monitors that match its height.
>>
This looks like trash. Buy an ultrawide
>>
>>60325896
>he fell for the utrashit meme
kek, worst aspect ratio
>>
I'm setup as landscape, landscape, landscape, portrait
>>
>>60323646
>20+30+20 1200x1600 + 2560x1600

I used this for years with an HP LP3065 in the middle, and it was great, but 43" UHD plus a tiling WM (even DisplayFusion in Windows) has been a straight upgrade.
>>
>>60325896
It's getting programs to respect docking that makes this crap, especially in windows
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.