[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: _20170510_214837.jpg (176KB, 768x1125px) Image search: [Google]
_20170510_214837.jpg
176KB, 768x1125px
Was it worth it?
>>
>>60322068
No, they got caught
>>
>>60322068
Link please? I want to make a collection to post when the "I want to use fraud to make $$$" retard makes his daily thread.
>>
>>60322141
www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2017/03/oregon_teens_buy_fake_gold_bar.html

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/oregon/articles/2017-04-25/victims-sought-in-oregon-teens-fake-gold-bar-rolex-scam
>>
>>60322181
>https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/oregon/articles/2017-04-25/victims-sought-in-oregon-teens-fake-gold-bar-rolex-scam
>One victim, coin shop owner Bill Fleming, sold 20 of the fake gold bars before realizing they were copper and plated with only about $1 worth of gold.

I dont believe this. Those bars were >$1200 each and if he bought at least 20 of them then that was at least $25k retail value. He could have easily put one on a scale and either saw it weighted far less than 1oz, or put it in a graduated cylinder and saw it displaced far more water than it should have. He had to have been in on this scam because those two tests would have taken less than 5 minutes to complete, were non-destructive, and who the fuck wouldnt do it if you're giving some high school kids probably $20k for the bars.
>>
>>60324041
Copper has a densiry of 8.96.
Gold has a density of 19.3.
That's better than 2:1.
Hard to make a mistake that big if you are used to handling bullion. Our coin dealer was in on the scam and got cold feet when one or more bars bounced.
>>
>>60324435
I could understand if it was tungsten bars, its specific gravity is close enough (19.2). But copper? And even then how the fuck are a couple of high school kids going to get their hands on $25k worth of gold bars? Everyone in the PM community knows there is plenty of fake gold. If this asshole was trying to sell me these bars, I'd certainly take a knife to one of them to see if it was plated tungsten. How the fuck are the cops this retarded that they didnt arrest the coin shop guy too?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.